Aeon Matchup

Thermidor

[10] Knight
I seem to lose horribly to a Safe Aeon. Everything I do gets punished.

I think this is a Match that is in favor for Aeon than Nightmare. GS and NSS get beat out easily. Step can be Stopped I feel like I' m reduced to 1K and when that's blocked I get punished I need help I have no idea what to do.

When I decide to go to the lab I'll let you know what moves are being used on me. It's mostly just safe things against Nightmare due to 6k or 1k not being in range from most of Aeon's attacks.

66A Aeon Spam woot we can't step shit

that move is ridiculously buffed by the removal of backstep G. now any movement period is gonna get smacked by that move. it's also at least 1 frame safer on block than it used to be

that move is ridiculously buffed by the removal of backstep G. now any movement period is gonna get smacked by that move. it's also at least 1 frame safer on block than it used to be

Yes exactly that's my problem with the lizards 66A is shutting everything down.

If he tries to spam it, 3AA him when he comes in. That move should have priority over 66A at most ranges.
Sadly it doesn't 66A just rhapes Nightmare.

NM 3AA and Aeon 66A are the same speed frames wise. Since Aeon's is a double input command it will come out at least 1 frame slower from neutral than Nightmare's 3AA but that is negligible. It really just depends on who attacks first here if no one has frame advantage. However, your 3AA is unsafe on guard and his 66A is not, so that is a problem. Aeon 66A beating all movement and being unpunishable on block really makes it hard for NM to apply his whiff punish game successfully and that is where NM players tend to get a lot of their damage from.

moved Aeon related posts here from the "is a NM nerf coming?" thread

NM 3AA and Aeon 66A are the same speed frames wise. Since Aeon's is a double input command it will come out at least 1 frame slower from neutral than Nightmare's 3AA but that is negligible. It really just depends on who attacks first here if no one has frame advantage. However, your 3AA is unsafe on guard and his 66A is not, so that is a problem. Aeon 66A beating all movement and being unpunishable on block really makes it hard for NM to apply his whiff punish game successfully and that is where NM players tend to get a lot of their damage from.

moved Aeon related posts here from the "is a NM nerf coming?" thread

I'm not sure if he has the damage to keep up with Nightmare though...like average damage wise.

lol, i think Nightmare got a lot more problems in this match in SC4 than now, i think the match is ok in SC5, i remember that in SC4 Night had no shit against Lizard Crawl stance besides 1K and mega slow verticals, and Lizard also had a lot more tools then, now i find Aeon's command List pretty limited, but he is ok.

btw, his 66A is one of the best horizontals in the game even if now doesn't stun on CH, is still pretty spammable,

i really don't know what's so hard about this match up......

what am i missing tell me

66A.. blocked.. ok.. what's next?

you can... either

1. take advantage of frame advantage.
2. back up
3. poke.

---------------

he can't do crap against 22AA/88B.....

if he tries to interupt those moves it means he's prone to whiffing.... if he doesn't.. he can't punish you and you can more or less space the crap out of him....

so what else am i missing?

-LAU

Well, this may not apply to a 'safe Aeon', but his 66BK (I think? The combo that ends with him crashing down and spreading his wings) can be punished by FC 3B on block. It doesn't AT, but it still nicks him at least.

And I have to agree with the above: block 66A.

I think it's better to just either step aeon's 66BK or JG it overall :/ and careful because I think good aeon players will never try 66BK since that move can already be stepped and punished properly. Unless hmm maybe on oki they will try that not sure.

Back