After GI... What?

Psylocide

[09] Warrior
Hey all,

As most of you know I am still learning this game and i have alot of questions. I have read a lot of the threads out there, but i'm still trying to grasp some of the concepts.

I've been practicing GI's and have even gotten a quite a few JI's in offline versus. My question is, when i get a GI, what is the best thing to do next with Vader? It seems like if i attack immediately after GIing i am whiffing or getting blocked. JI's aren't such a problem because the frame advantage is better. (right?) I'm still unexperienced with frame data, and i'm not sure what the exact advantage is when GI hits... i read the GI thread and still dont fully understand.

So what do you do after a GI?

i don't know Vader at all but when i seen work is hes AA and hes 6B i think ppl call it the dick move cuz it hits them in the balls

do you mean autoGI or normal GI. personally i like to grab, but thats just me, you can alternate between a and b grabs, or go for 4B+K low and altername back to mids and highs to keep it interesting i guess.

if ure talking about auto GI then for b option i dont think there is one after that, for a, i do 1ba. i cant think of anything better unless you again want to grab.

i havent played vader in a while tho, but thats what i use when i play him.

do you mean autoGI or normal GI. personally i like to grab, but thats just me, you can alternate between a and b grabs, or go for 4B+K low and altername back to mids and highs to keep it interesting i guess.

if ure talking about auto GI then for b option i dont think there is one after that, for a, i do 1ba. i cant think of anything better unless you again want to grab.

i havent played vader in a while tho, but thats what i use when i play him.

I'm talking about just normal GI. But it seems like everytime i get a GI the other person instictively goes into crouch/block mode and my throw attempt whiffs... how can i capitalize on this? I somehow think i deserve to be rewarded after timing it right and actually getting the GI or is this wrong? Do i need to input attack commands immediately after 6G? Sorry so many questions, but i have to know.

For no re-GI I do 4B/6BbG. For re-GI I do 3B/44B+K. Both based on how much Force I have.

I'm like the other guy, I alternate between A and B grabs. It just feels like it gives me more chance of having some garunteed damage done. As a setsuka player, sometimes I catch them with the sakura air combo. Maybe you should find a good combo as vader and use that? Maybe a GI into Dark Vortex?

you could do 3A+K followed by 1b2 followed with bb then 44A+K 2A+b 4A+B 6A+B but that could be tricky to land

you could do 3A+K followed by 1b2 followed with bb then 44A+K 2A+b 4A+B 6A+B but that could be tricky to land

Not to mention force drain heavy. But thanks for the tips, basically just looking for the best move to set up a combo (preferably grounded opponent) after i GI. It needs to be fast and can't be blocked by 1_3+G

I'm talking about just normal GI. But it seems like everytime i get a GI the other person instictively goes into crouch/block mode and my throw attempt whiffs...

That means you're doing it too slow. A grab after a GI can not be ducked if you do it right away.

I screwed up it isnt A+K it's B+K but yeah grabs are the way to go, or you could just do his force GI most people get hit by it but they can GI you back if they're fast enough

The main of this post called "After GI...What?"... and hasn't been posted in for about 2 months.. this is a post GI based thread and from what i see and any info should be in a thread based mainly on that.. going to create a post GI thread over the night..so bare with me all and i will keep what i feel is necessary to keep from this thread.

/closed

Hey JustKill, I kinda wanted to contribute to this thread, and you still haven't made a new thread, so until you do I'm re-opening this one, incase anyone wants to chime in. :)

Aside from throwing post GI (55dmg/50dmg mixup), Vader's other good options are:

GI -> 3B+K - this gives the most damage from the combo potential for a guaranteed move after GI, unless they re-GI of course. 56+ damage depending on the combo.

GI -> 11B, 4AA_4B - 54 to 62 damage SAFE option, if they try to re-GI.

Another option if they re-GI is to do 44B+K, but I feel it's better to do 11B, to save on Force. 66B, 1BA also yelds good damage post GI, but unlike 11B, it's unsafe and doesn't do as good SG damage.

As for post Force Parry, most people like to do FP A, 1BA since it gives guaranteed damage, but I prefer mixing up a throw right after. I think it's worth the damage sacrifice to gain that mixup.

After hitting with FP B, if it's not a wall combo, 44K is great to close in on them. If they stay down it will hit them, and if they get up and block, you're only at slight disadvantage (-2) and force crouch, so you can use that as a frame trap.

NP, still in the works of it anyways, keeping it open for now is fine with me...

I like GI~3b+K..its very good for getting that damage in post GI, though i tend to get that re-GI'd more than i like it to be..i think it has something to do with the specific way he leads out or just that GI happy people can see it coming... but i have been mixing that up with 1A+B/A+B VFC's catch them post GI whiff and then whammo!..probably a bit better to do this when you got a bit more than half/ full force meter running, 4B+K isn't that bad to use either in exchange with 3B+K( better to do actually if they're used to seeing post GI 1A+B/A+B), no major frame advantage on hit but you still get the hit in since its a frame slower and it can play a huge part as post GI...(since a single frame can make a lot of difference) and in getting more 3B+K to connect instead of getting it re- GI'd here.

Edit: going to merge this with the Welcome to the DarkSide of post GI/JI thread shortly..my initial post is mainly on how to get guaranteed hits that don't get re- GI'd/JI'd and the follow ups and mind games that can become of it...and this thread seems to be in that general direction anyways.

Welcome to the DarkSide of post GI's/mix-up thread

Here are some post-GI guaranteed hits along as its not re-GI'd/JI'd..along with mind games/ mix-ups followed by a GI/JI ...

Now there are many ways to go about it to keep them guessing and have a real difficult time in dealing with Vader. So to start i am going to lead out with some examples of what you will get for free(if it hasn't been re-GI'd/JI'd) , and anything you guys would like to add i will gladly add to the list so it stays neat and fresh, as long as it seems to be a viable part in post-GI game.. and the rest of this thread will be open for discussion on what evolves around post GI and how it can be effective with other follow/mix ups as well..now to get the ball rolling!

Vader post GI(Guard Impact) into guaranteed attack which if not re-GI'd/JI'd is absolutely free are as followed in no specific order

4b/6bB~g,
1b/4A+b/2A+B,
1k/4k/a,a
and a throw attempt if done right away but is escaped if guessed correct

...that's an example of 8 attacks you have the option of doing to score free hits and possible advantage as well

Now a JI(Just Impact) will grant you(these are also starter examples) a free..

4b/3b/,
6bB~g/1b~a/
4a+b/2a+b

..since JI will grant you CH attack post JI connects, you get the same as mentioned for GI but a few exceptions due to the high amount of advantage you have after JI'ing can inflict heavy damage on your opponent if you score one of these with Vader..

Most of what is mentioned is/are the basics, but will open the doors to other mix-ups/mind games..post what you feel to be useful in this area!

All i ask is to keep any thoughts outside of this are in particular discussion into a thread(s) they will do more good in than none, other than that, Feel the Power of the DarkSide!!

A universal rule in SC4 is that after a normal GI, any move up to i20 speed is guaranteed. So all of Vader's i18 moves (4B, 44B, 3B+K, 6B etc) will hit unless they re-GI.

After a JI, you get anything up to i30 for free, unless they re-GI/JI.

I the reason I didn't put A+B or 1A+B as a post GI in my previous post is because doing 11B instead will give you more damage than A+B if they try to re-GI, and is safe on block.

And 1A+B is too slow of a move to use post GI. Even if they try to re-GI, and it whiffs, they still have time to step out of the way or even interrupt you before the UB comes out.

Back