Algol BB : THE LEGEND

WARUI_NE

Prettier than you
Algol BB is godlike, so godlike it deserves its own thread.

General info.

-30 damage/ i16 /+4 on hit and CH /-6 on block.

-Soul crushes in 15.5

-When hits crouchers it leaves them FC.

-on hit moves algol slightly closer, on block it pushes out.

-second hit retracks slightly, First hit has a wide hit box.

-Second hit has longer range then the first.

Strats
-Use it......... A lot

-Like I said earlier algol BB is + 4 on hit so a second BB after the first one hits will beat all i13s, trade with i12s, lose to i11s. Knowing this we can yomi the hell out of amy/taki/X/sophie players who will AA/6BB to beat the next BB. If they start to do this use 1B after the BB hits to TC those highs. this is nice vs everyone who can interupt the second BB hits because there arent many i12 mids in SC4. if they step use AA it has the same frames as BB. a word of warning on using it up close on yoshi. iMCF beats the second BB and 1B, but if you are spacing properly it shouldn't be an issue.

- after BB hits ,back dash>1B can be effective alternative. this does 2 things.
1. if they attack most likely the back dash will force a whiff and the 1B will hurt BAD.
2.Throw off GI timing, nuff said.

-Use BB as a poke at tip range. If they block the push back + back dash will discourage a follow up. At mid range threatening with back dash 1B forces your opponet to guess the right time to attack.

-BB/1A is hard to deal with.......when bubbles are flying around.

`-single B pokes are not worth it imo. you are giving up 30 dmg and +4. I never single B poke
will add more!

BUBBLES LMFAO you were frickin serious! ^_^ lol but indeed you have given me better insight into...the way of the BB! now i can BB like a pro too! good job BUBBLES_CAN_BB

The first B of algol's BB has problems hitting more than just Yoshi 214A. Algol's WR B and sophie's 44A as examples can go through the first B under the right conditions as well, and I'd suspect some others would too since the evasion on those moves is pretty light.

Also I dont think the second B re-tracks so much as it covers to his left somewhat.

Sophie's 66B went right through my B and won her the match, if Algol's B hadn't whiffed it would've been the other way around... Maybe make a list in which Algol's B will whiff on which attacks???

Back