Algol Broken Destiny Changes

Angrel-San

[10] Knight
It's been 6 days since BD arrived in Asia and there isn't any info posted yet.
erm.gif

Any info to hold us Algol players over would be appreciated!!!

He is in general the same but I would say he has received a medium sized nerf in the form of.

GI-ing Algol's bubbles places u at +Frames and moves you towards him. So bubble zoning has taken a decent hit.

I know his bubbles are a strange blue color now, and he has this new attack, like a Guard~Break swooping maneuver, looks like something off of his JMP A+K but its just so cool looking...
I heard his infinite bubble combos don't work either, I'm guessing they made his bubbles AC'able... booo...

That guard break is his A+B+K. Now I don't know much about Algol, but from fighting the CPU in quick match it seems he has a new way to break grabs. Sometimes when he breaks my grabs he just warps a small distance away from me, but other times he'll warp further back into his throne. I haven't bothered to look into it.

Would've been nice if they decided to add more on~grapple-break options, like when you break a grab you input a certain command and your character does a "grapple-break attack"... Or like BD Algol, the chair teleport on grapple-break as Eyce mentioned... They could've even made a character like that with a whole other move set based off of grapple-breaks...

His infinates are gone. 33b doesn't launch characters high enough anymore.

214A+B is faster but it still sucks.

aB seems to have stricter timing. (It may just be the awkwardness of the controls though)

His second unblockable (CF against yoda) isn't in this game as far as I'm aware.

Just some things I found. =)

Algol's 4B+K is much more useful in BD. Not only does it catch backstep but now also 1_7 step and back jump.

The best part is that it can now be used as a tech trap because it will also catch backwards ukemi!

But there is a strange glitch.. where if you catch the opponent out a backwards ukemi they will be positioned in front of the chair and closer to Algol rather than on it. The later you catch them out of the ukemi the more closer to Algol they will be. I've even had the opponent inside Algol. The downside to this glitch is that the opponent will end up falling too close causing the 2A+B followup to whiff.

/edit/ just tested, and BT B+K combos for 76 damage after a late 4B+K tech trap (opponent has to be inside Algol).

So would you say Algol is more balanced in BD compared to the rest of the cast now that he's had some changes???
And how many of these changes from BD could we expect from a possible DLC patch???

So would you say Algol is more balanced in BD compared to the rest of the cast now that he's had some changes???
And how many of these changes from BD could we expect from a possible DLC patch???

Is there really gonna be a patch? Every1 keeps saying its possible but i thought the whole point of making BD was to sell it off as a different game. I dnt see them just bieng nice and giving every1 on console a patch for free. I thought the main reason ppl want BD is cause its like a new game anyway. If there was a patch wudnt less ppl get BD?

I've heard that it is unlikely to be ported/patched to PS3/360 because Kratos is owned by Sony. So Namco would have to release it on xbox without Kratos, and that's unlikely to happen since Kratos is one of the main selling points of the game.

I heard he has good step now.
If thats true, screw bubbleshield. He just became even better haha.

Algol's 4B+K is much more useful in BD. Not only does it catch backstep but now also 1_7 step and back jump.

The best part is that it can now be used as a tech trap because it will also catch backwards ukemi!

Oh shit!!!
eek2.gif
smokin.gif

*drools*

Algol can indeed step. It's odd to see. Here's some CF numbers.

8 - 3BB
9 - 623ABK (9.6), 6BBB (9.3)
10 - 2B+K, 66B+K
11 - 6AAB
12 - CFA
14 - 623B, 66BA (14.5), A+B, 44B, QI B
15 - 3AA (15.5), 4AA (15.5), 33B
16 - FC 8
17 - aB, WS B, 6K[K]
20 - 1B, 8B+K, 22B, QI A
23 - 11B, QI B+K
25 - 4[K]
34 - FC 3B
N/A - 1A, K6, WS [K], 6B+K, BT B+K, 66A+B

Finally have access to the game.

First impressions, Algol seems toned down. In damage from combos at least. 11K seems to be a little better on hit.

LOL! And no longer K hits after 6AAB.

Love the new bubble designs of his and his A+B+K move is awesome for punishing. Need the frame data on that move ASAP.

Will keep reporting.

GI the bubbles is total advantage for the opponent. Reverses the bubble as before and gives you a weird animation, looks like a KOF autoguard move. Point is, Algol is completely open on a bubble GI.

33B doesn't launch as high.

Damage nerfs everywhere. Talking like -10 points mostly.

FC3B has improved pushblock.

A+B+K seems like Night Terror swoop attack or Tekken's Ogre intro animation. Can't remember correctly ATM.

QIA is now a GB. Still a worthless move but different properties to 1.03.

4B+K has been beefed up as mentioned before.

Throw Escape animations are random. He can do the normal character escape animations, the 4B+K animation but backwards, even more backwards with the throne animation, and he can teleport behind the opponent as well. I didn't notice much difference in timing for this but if there is a definite way to make this work consistently, this may be a nice beef for Algol.

More to come if I notice anything else. And IMO, this Algol is definitely playable, no ifs or buts about it. If this comes to console and people still insist on banning Algol, then this community will be totally gay. Algol in BD is completely fair so far.

Agreed, this Algol seems like Namco actually listen to the people whining about Algol before and turned him into a Mid Tier character for sure... Since his bubbles are nerfed you can't spam them like an idiot, but 1 question, in SC4 his 4A+B and 4[A+B] are both i24, but in BD I would like to know if 4[A+B] is slower, like 2*6*8[A+B] is compared to the non-charged versions... Has 6B+K or 66B+K changed any too???

Back