Algol for SCV?

Should Algol be in SCV? Do you think he will be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xbmv4n1t4s

[08] Mercenary
I honestly cant make any guesses as to whether or not he is going to be in it or not, I would be happy if he was, seeing as he is my second main, but I would also prefer him to be nerfed, mainly so he can partake in tournies, but also so I dont get flamed for using him online.

Anyways, discuss what changes you think should be made, and vote for whether or not he should/will be in it.

If you dont have an opinion, dont vote.

I'm so tempted to delete your post GO

I'm also expecting to have to delete this thread due to everyones QQ about algol...I will repeat my rule in this SA....no bitching about algol being broken/stupid/lame for all future posters in this thread

Algol was a good addition to SC4 but I really doubt he will be in 5. I don't think we've ever had a recurring boss character.

I don't think he'll be in it just because my gut tells me he won't. I wouldn't mind having him though - besides, if he ends up being stupid and broken, he's banned. Problem solved.

I hope he's in there but doubt it. If they nerf his it doesn't have to be harsh at all. My central complaints
Keep bubbles but make it so if I GI I'm at advantage rather than -2, maybe heals your SG a bit, and bubbles on hit shouldn't give big flashy combos. Tacking 30 damage on with his BB is good. Get rid of infinites and half life juggles so haters can't hate over it. A juggle into aB seems solid. Nerf FC B 2(A+B) q-flip lock downs. Notice nerf, not remove. Just dont make me eat a Q flip b for GI'ING the bubble. It looks nice, its very good, but one of those set ups people whine about a lot.

33B safety, an easy 70 damage off a mid speed good range -12 launcher. I have to settle for 50 if i want reliable or 68 should I try iGDR. I don't care about while standing B because frankly if he's dipping into crouch to do a mid speed launcher and its working you need to step more.

Back step: this I think is his strongest asset. Let him have good back step, modest front step, average side steps. Right now being able to make such a big movement so quickly and bait whiffs is really really powerful.

Bubbles I don't feel he's op and I hope your main returns, this is just what i feel people cry the most about and could make him more 'accepted' but then again there will always be a stigma(sorry but its true :/ ignorant misconceptions hardly give way to understanding). Some of his stuff needs small buffs(tip range 1B whiff, throws being linear to ne 2 off the top of my head)

I didn't know my setup with FC A+B QI B to bait a GI made people that mad =P

also 33B is ass its not -12 its -14 and combos are mad inconstant due to range

also I think his movement is fine how it is now terrible step and forward movent compensated by great backstep, gives a defined weakness he has more but this is one of his bigger ones

Add a Bubble bar If they are going to keep the bubbles, that would make infinite's impossible and would severely nerf Bubble shield + by adding a stun when the bar gets to 0% (just like force bar) it would discourage its general use except for some combos. I really like the character design so I would hate it if because of bubble shield they completely removed the char.

Algol is incredibly unique, if they remove him than they will need to componsate for it in some way.

Add a Bubble bar If they are going to keep the bubbles, that would make infinite's impossible and would severely nerf Bubble shield + by adding a stun when the bar gets to 0% (just like force bar) it would discourage its general use except for some combos. I really like the character design so I would hate it if because of bubble shield they completely removed the char.
wheres the dislike button

bubble bar is the scrubbiest idea I've heard so far about "nerfing" algol
since anyone who thinks algol will be bubbling that much obviously doesn't know the match up and is talking out of their ass

Hey hey bubbles you're one of my favorite people around here but calm down, keep in mind that there aren't a lot of good algols out there and all people hear about are bubbles. It's only natural he would say to restrict that a bit. I know he could've looked in here to read about how much algol really has at his disposal beyond bubbles but if he hasnt thats all he would have heard about the community.

-14 really? Oh then never mind me speaking from ignorance. Is 8B+K inconsistent off it? The Q flip lock down is just one of those things i can see certain people getting whiny about if he does return and is legal. Because atop the combo he then can fire the bubble and make you either block it and let him space, possibly lay more, poke from range, get soul gauge damage with Q flip B, or try the mix up. If you GI you're eating either K or B from the flip.

I don't think Algol will be in the next game. I like him and wouldn't mind if he made another appearance, but he does feel awfully out of place in the series and with the designers looking like they will overturn the roster for V I don't think he'll make their cut.

Hey hey bubbles you're one of my favorite people around here but calm down, keep in mind that there aren't a lot of good algols out there and all people hear about are bubbles. It's only natural he would say to restrict that a bit. I know he could've looked in here to read about how much algol really has at his disposal beyond bubbles but if he hasnt thats all he would have heard about the community.

-14 really? Oh then never mind me speaking from ignorance. Is 8B+K inconsistent off it? The Q flip lock down is just one of those things i can see certain people getting whiny about if he does return and is legal. Because atop the combo he then can fire the bubble and make you either block it and let him space, possibly lay more, poke from range, get soul gauge damage with Q flip B, or try the mix up. If you GI you're eating either K or B from the flip.
yeah 8B+K is the most consistent option off of 33B but at tip range even that fails

and yeah the FC A+B setups after his BnB are kinda OP and I wouldn't mind losing those in SC5. He shouldn't get such stupid oki after such an easy to land combo, but then again Amy shouldn't either

also If I knew nothing about a character I wouldn't comment on said character =O cool concept (something most algol haters seem to ignore)

I can understand the frustration and aggression but at least he didnt come in with "he's too op good ridance blah blah blah". He's a pretty cool guy and just gave an opinion. I commented but really all I know is spamming his best moves, WS B half life combos, and a few gimmicks.

Thanks for the support seph I really appreciate it. Look Bubbles, your right i don't know the match up very well ( he is a banned after all ) but I do know what makes a game broken. If a character has infinites, that makes him a broken character, no matter how circumstantial these are. My idea might have been bad but instead of getting your fan boy panties up in a bunch and insulting me why don't you tell me why it's such a bad idea? I understand you have been hearing crap about your main for the last three years but you really gotta chill man. The general animosity towards the bubbles might be misinformed but like seph said it reflects what the community thinks of them. If they are not that good of a tool and you won't abuse them then why would you get mad about having a bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back