Algol Punishment List

Whodat

[09] Warrior
For now I'm holding this spot for the punishment list. Since this forum doesn't have one I will work on one and update it as often as possible. Help would be appreciated and I will update it on the first post.

their move=your punisher after blocking it

basic 2K/1K fast low with prettymuch everyone=FC A
a lot of lows are punishable by FC 3B but have other moves listed for better damage. can be hard to remember them though so keep FC 3B in mind

Algol mirror:
11A=WS [K] unless at max range. otherwise 6KK
1A=66A
11K=6KK (if max range second hit will miss, but you can still charge it)
1K=6BB
66A=AA
3AA=BB, 66A
66BA=3B

Amy:
1A=WS B (first WS B on the list lol)
6BBB=BB
2B+K=WS [K]
2A+B=FC A
66A+B=K (if farthest range will be blocked or whiff)
4A=BB, 6KK
44B= aB

Astaroth:
6K=AA

Raphael:
prep A (elbow)= AA

Sieg:
6B=66A (not too far)
3[B|=AA, 6BB (trades on max range block)
SRSH B=3B
SRSH [K]=6KK
SCH K[B|=6KK (cause you're in FC)
SBH K=3B
3A=AA

Cass:
236B=3B
236[B|=AA
2K=WS K
1K=6KK
FC 1B=FC A
1A=WS [K] if really close, otherwise FC 3B

Cervy:
3B/33B= AA
1K= FC 3B
1A= FC 3B
aB= BB, 66A
WS A= BB, 3B (difficult)
2A+B= FC A
A+B= BB
iGDR= Back Grab, 3B, 1B, 66BA

Mitsu:
2kB=3B, 66BA (84 dmg punish)
66BB=623ABK =]
4KB=6KK, WS [K], FC 3B
1A= FC A any range, if close can get 6KK,WS [K], or FC 3B
RLC B=BB, 2B+K (only if very close)
3B=AA (only single A will connect if too far)

Nightmare:
GS A=BB
FC 3B=3B (wtf)
1A/1A6=66A
33B/33B6=1B (he might be able to GS A this but if he can it must be really hard)
WS [B|=2A unless at max range (though he can avoid this...)
NSS K=2B+K
NSS bA/b:A=2B+K
6B:B= 1B
4KK= duck 2nd hit
GS KK= duck 2nd hit
88B=FC B (must be in range)

Mina:
4KB= 3B
2A+B= FC 3B

Sophie:
236B=3B
1AA=3B
1K/1[K]=6KK
44B=K, AA (blockable at max range)

Ivy:
WP 11A/SE 2A+K=66A+B
236BB=3B

Vader:
1BA=duck second hit (even if the first hit hits you)

X:
1A=FC A
AAB=2B+K
44B= aB

Yoshimitsu:
Dgf K= WS B (max punishment), FC 3B, 6KK
FC 3K= WS B, FC 3B, 6KK
11A= FC 3B, 6KK
aB= AA

Zas:
WS B=AA
1AB=6KK

Yo Whodat. I had a list on the other forum I can try to dig it up.

Edit:

lol there was a topic here after all http://www.8wayrun.com/f22/algol-block-punishing-t1807/

Even though there is already a topic for this I figure there's no harm in a new one, especially if you wanna display the information in a different format etc. You play more so you'd be able to update the list more readily. But yeah feel free to double check the punishes I listed in that topic and add your own.

Yo Whodat. I had a list on the other forum I can try to dig it up.

Edit:

lol there was a topic here after all http://www.8wayrun.com/f22/algol-block-punishing-t1807/

Even though there is already a topic for this I figure there's no harm in a new one, especially if you wanna display the information in a different format etc. You play more so you'd be able to update the list more readily. But yeah feel free to double check the punishes I listed in that topic and add your own.

Thanks. I'll use that list for a start and actually update it with things that I've found so far. I guess I'll even just use the same format so a copy and paste job shouldn't be too bad.

WR [K] would be a better punishment for 1K (Algol vs. Algol) since it's -18 on grd...
And at mid~far range you can punish Cassy's 1A with FC 3B...

you are correct, the list is really old. The only moves I use to punish lows now are FC A, FC 3B, and WR B

I made a few additions to the list. This list is coming along slow because I don't have much time to test things.

Really how does 3B 66BA work out for blocking mitsu's 2kb?? I've tried like 5 times lol on normal and CH

kingace: you're really in range for 66BA after blocking ivy's 214?

spongebob: they are two separate moves that both work to punish it though you're selling yourself short if you do anything but 66BA (does 33B work actually?)

kingace: you're really in range for 66BA after blocking ivy's 214?

spongebob: they are two separate moves that both work to punish it though you're selling yourself short if you do anything but 66BA (does 33B work actually?)

Oh srry dnt know how i missed that comma. And no im fairly sure 33B doesnt work. The max dmg from 66BA is delay aB 11B right? 3AA after it is quite a good techtrap as another option does a lot of dmg.

Actually upon further testing Ivy's 214 has a number of follow-ups that make it had to have just one move to punish it.

Otherwise 66BA has the range, but 66A could be better, even 623 ABK works.

Actually upon further testing Ivy's 214 has a number of follow-ups that make it had to have just one move to punish it.

Otherwise 66BA has the range, but 66A could be better, even 623 ABK works.

why when 66BA can do more dmg?

A little late but I found that on Nightmare, if he's dumb enough to do BBB and if algol blocks it, you get an easy punisher with:
WR B, 4[A+B], 6A+B, 6A+B, 8A+B, 4A+B (x2) aB, 11B

I'm curious why nobody talks about WR{K} for low punishment. According to the wiki, it is i15 (same speed as FC3B), and the two hits are NC and do 30 damage and knockdown which is pretty decent. Seems like a better choice than FC3B for punishment. It also seems like a decent move all around actually (although the second hit being high and non-hit confirmable makes it a bit risky, so perhaps it's not worth using if it's not free).

6BBB is NCC and is not a good punisher for anything. 6BB could be used to punish -15 but so could AA and it does more damage, maybe if it's at range and the second A would whiff, but this is already getting way too complicated and specific for a punisher. 1B is beaten both damage and framewise by 3B. Are you sure you know enough to be trying to answer peoples' questions?

A punisher of Algol would be 1B. or 6BBB
uhh those are both awful for punishment

3B B QI B 2B does more damage then 1B and gives the same oki situation

6BB isn't that good in general even as a punish it is completely outclassed by AA in range and damage

6BBB is a decent CH fisher but once again its completely outclassed by another move 6k(K)

Back