Algol String Defense Discussion

Heaton

A Soul in the Purgatory
Strings in fighting games are quite interesting in that they usually fall on one end of either spectrum. Either they're so insanely powerful that you can create a powerful mix-up using only one particular string, or they're so weak that you can easily punish it on reaction for huge amounts of damage.

In either case, a lack of character knowledge can make even the weakest string resemble Kilik's Asura Dance. The guide serves both as a way to combat character ignorance both in myself and others, and also as an encyclopedia of this knowledge, ready at a moment's notice. I hope you all will find my work beneficial to your game, both as Algol users and players in general.

Please note that I'm in the process of finishing one String Defense guide and starting up two entirely new ones, and also in the process of recovering from surgery - it might be a while before this sees any good progress from myself.

The guide itself can be found here.

For those looking for a comparison of what a near finished product will look like, have a look at this guide in the Raphael SA here.

TO DO LIST
  1. Introduction
  2. Move Analysis - Evasion - Crouching
  3. Move Analysis - Evasion - Stepping
  4. Move Analysis - Evasion - Jumping
  5. Move Analysis - Evasion - Special
  6. Move Analysis - Impact
  7. α Patroklos
  8. Aeon
  9. Algol
  10. Astaroth
  11. Cervantes