Algol vs. Viola Matchup Discussion

Very risky. If she just throws out the orb and blocks she can 44A BE punish your 623B, or start using one of her post-6B+K strings that allows for JGing GIs.

QI A+BB is an alternative option for getting out of pressure that's slightly less risky.

With good timing and practice you can aGI out of 6B+K pressure pretty consistently

yeah i was thinked of that, practice 623B against her...but....

Very risky. If she just throws out the orb and blocks she can 44A BE punish your 623B, or start using one of her post-6B+K strings that allows for JGing GIs.

QI A+BB is an alternative option for getting out of pressure that's slightly less risky.

...as Slade says....it just works until the Viola Player realize his options and counter measures against our autoGI....is a damm anoying character Viola. XDD

Im only know that some tech crouch like 66B works against her 6B+K presure. some of the attacks hits high, but not all of them...i think i need to study her more...

if anyone have good tips post please.

Thanks Slade and Jdaco ;)

Edit:
i think will be cool to do an Anti-Viola thread, to post our findings against her, what do you think Slade?

Last edited:
Yup. From the 623B thread:
Viola:
623B
  • Set AAB
  • 6AA
  • 6(A+B) (must be charged)
  • ORB 6B+K
  • 44BB
  • Set 66A+BB
  • Set 4A+B
  • Set A+B BE
  • 44A BE (second or third orb hits)
  • 22B BE
  • 66K BE
44B
  • Set AAB (last hit)
  • Set 22AB
  • Set 22KB
  • Set 22AB
Viola's 66AAB can also be punished by FC 8B BE → 2A+B → FC 8B for 120 damage if you duck the second hit.

Back