All Interesting New Finds Go Here

FleshMasher

[13] Hero
As the title says post whatever new interesting stuff you find here so we don't have a new thread for every new find, which sometimes are even already known.

Here are mine:

Some know it already but in case you don't:
44KKK wall bounce works off short walls like pirate ship railings too, you won't Ring your self Out, Combo on :D

Haven't read about this yet:
CH or Normal Hit 22_88A at hug range followed by a step or quick step into the roughly same direction you used for the 22_88A will make any immediate attack from the opponent go into the complete wrong direction, away from you, rendering even Step Killers like AAs completely useless, allowing for nice mixups with slower and/or 8WayRun moves.

Wanna see it yourself?
Train a dummy Natsu to run up to you and do 22A, 11A, let yourself get hit by the 22A and do any attack, even ones with 236 input or whatever.
Sorry i can't record atm.

Other examples:
88A, 8, 4A+B
22A, 11K or 22B

Notes:
Natsu has to be really close to the opponent for this to work.
If the opponent waits a bit before attacking he will do a BT attack into the correct i.e. your direction.
But if he attacks immediately it's WTF o'clock for him lol.

Haha! That's awesome!

My find about Roll, it's not necessarily new but it works and is interesting:

2B+G and 8B+G grant frame advantage and make the opponent face away from you if they use a horizontal, any high or a linear attack giving you crazy advantage, knockdown and potentially a full combo if you don't just throw it out there. In some situations it's better than step because it gets you in the back of their face quicker than they can react ignoring 50% stepkill moves.

I bet this is known, but Natsu rings herself against Astaroth and other bigger characters when ringing out with the B+K B+G airthrow. This is a glitch that will hopefully be fixed.

Also, not sure if this is better in the matchup thread, but Natsu can B+K out of Yoshi's IND mixups. Altough not the most rewarding option, it is the safest one when your not near the edge.

It isn't exactly news, but A:6 after any launcher (3B, 22_88B, BT A+B, 11K) is pretty hot RO material if you don't go for the splat but try to time it so they'll fly Astaroth level distances =P

CH FC A+B combos into many things 16 frames or faster. the move has a surprising forward hitbox, and is only -6 on block. at close range following with 6B into a throw will net you a side throw. 3B is the easy option as it hits at any range, as long as you are good with your A:6 it splashes them right in front of you for great oki/damage.

if you hit it at max range you can combo into full 6A+B series.

while the 22A trick is neat, i think you'd be better off going for a straight mixup with those frames. the only way you benefit from the BT setup is if you predict a mash, so why not do 4B into combo, or 6A+B into combo? +7 is one of natsus biggest on hit advantages, use it for basic throw mid low mixup, instead of a what if SS trap.

also if you are doing it on CH you lose the damage from AAB or A:6

i've been able to land 6A+B off CH poison dart at any range where poison dart would hit; as long as you do it fast enough it'll work.

New mix up courtesy of Hawkeye himself.

I should probably check the dmg difference but I'm too tired as I just got off work but here goes something that is rather cool he should me the other day.

for instance:
CH 6A+B4 A:6

now instead of the normal 3KKK

you 2A leaving you (MOST of the time) in grabbing range.

So you either get the 66B+G or if you catch them ducking you make them eat 66B A+B+K

This shit is nuts. I manage to do this landing 66B A+B+K they wall bounce to a FC A+B 44KK wall bounce to tech trap.

As he has stated it's sometimes better to get the for sure dmg but I'm finding this to be a cool new trick, he keeps a lot of pressure of the opponent and the dmg is off the chart. Matches end quick =P

I bet this is known, but Natsu rings herself against Astaroth and other bigger characters when ringing out with the B+K B+G airthrow. This is a glitch that will hopefully be fixed.

Also, not sure if this is better in the matchup thread, but Natsu can B+K out of Yoshi's IND mixups. Altough not the most rewarding option, it is the safest one when your not near the edge.

YES to the yoshi part. Let me say as of a few days ago I started doing this and it is absolutely the best option. no more guessing low/high just jump it all and if the goon comes at you in the air, it's a free grab.

Hmmm is that the sitdown Yoshi Stance?! Because for Sit-Down yoshi stance, Jump Back will Avoid both the A sweep, and the K launch. Cleanly.

yeah it is, nice to know. the good things about A+B is that even if the K hits you its not a full launch, it just knocks you away. so you can cleanly beat 2 out of the 3 stance options

A+B eats indian stance A, and B as well for free combo. loses to the K though
yeah it is, nice to know. the good things about A+B is that even if the K hits you its not a full launch, it just knocks you away. so you can cleanly beat 2 out of the 3 stance options
This is brilliant. I shut that crap down but good online last night against every Yoshi I faced. Some were actually pretty good Yoshi's too.
It's a good one too, just for the possibility of an air grab and evading all his options. I'm going to put it in the matchup thread, along with the A+B punish.

If you preback dash when he gets into MED you'll evade everything Yoshi can use out of it. That's why most good Yoshis try to conceal it with DGF/FLE before it. Even then most Yoshis should probably avoid using it.

I'm sorry, what are all those? I don't play Yoshi or know the terminology.

MED is Indian Stance. They just recently changed the stance name to that. It was previously Meditation. Yoshi players continue to use MED.
DGF is Manji Dragonfly. The helicopter stance.
FLE is Flea. Pogo stick stance.

Really all you need to know from my comment is that MED mixups are mostly trash and can all be backstepped unless used in creative ways like concealing MED with another stance right before it or using it when your opponent has his back to the wall/edge.

Random game I was fighting in there, but I found that when NM does his CE and you're in a position to avoid it, you can actually interrupt it with 2A+B if you dont want to side step and get a combo going from 2A+B.

Edit: Upon further testing you need to be pretty fast to do it, it might be safer just to sidestep, guess I was just lucky the opponent did his CE as I was going for 2A+B

I wish I had a reliable way out of his dragonfly nonsense..

Back