Alpha Patroklos matchups discussion

So far i feel he's a solid enough character that i'm having trouble listing anyone who has a serious leg up on him. Pyyrah maybe? At the very least i think he goes close to even with the best of the cast.

She's just crazy well rounded. Decent lows, great punish, good offense, fairly safe, and good meter options. Granted i can't just guard her BE yet so that's probably a huge part of it. The one pyrrah i do play tends to turtle up and I have a hell of a time getting around him safely.

Pyrrha's BE's are really bad.

66B BE - really slow, you can GI/aGI/JG the second hit, step into 1B:B or agB. 236AA can be dealt with in a similar way.

Check those moves in training mode, there are lots of options to deal with them. Imo she has one of the worst BE in the game.

Yep - her BE's are a liability, lol.
I think she's actually mid tier if not bottom half in this game, she just struggles so much at mid-long range.

Also, I just finished Astaroth in the punishment thread - FUCK!
When you Have CE, the following moves are punishable (the top 5 are only CE punishable, the rest are without meter):
Bullrush
4B
22B
3K[A]
44A
A+B
his ENTIRE FC movestet.

That's at least half of his top 10 listed up there!!!
Get trolled son!

Well yes, imagine the false hope Asta players got when they found 33B's range had been nerfed.
LOL

Yep - her BE's are a liability, lol.
I think she's actually mid tier if not bottom half in this game, she just struggles so much at mid-long range.

Pyrrha is good. IMO she's in the upper tiers. But well... I can be wrong :)

Turtling Pyrrha : There is no need to dash in that much against her. She works best at close/mid range and so does aPat.
Use 3A more, it's one of his only mid antistep tools. Pyrrha step into any random TC move is kinda annoying against her, you need to dash~guard, dash 3A, dash into you favorite mix up.
Btw, with what I could see, the MU isn't that bad for Pyrrha. Especially because she has good TC tools out of QS or step.

Well, we'll know for sure when we all know the matchup and the patches are finished. =)
Btw, what's your opinion of 4K as right side antistep? Because I'm loving it right now.

Good move. But kinda slow and recovery is big.

I agree, when you play a "i never stop attacking Leixia" i dont find the time to apply 4K. Its too easy to get in and then its too slow. Also recovery is really bad. I will start experimenting more with 44K and 44A. i never used 44A but i realized i need to step up my anti step game immediately. WS A still is good and probably will turn out as #1 move on close-midrange. With CE 90 Damage is good on ch...

BTW soon we will have the reflexes to stop Leixias gimmicky shit, all her GC Moves etc..then it will become easier i think.

Since aPAT has close to zero gimmicks, some matchups might seem hard at the beginning, but i feel its because my defense sucks, no experience, no reflexes. Wrong techs, bad punishment.

In the long run, aPAT will come out on top i guess. Our stupid Input training, buying New pads etc will pay off :)

Just needs more work since we dont have gimmicks to rely on the first weeks...

I will try to play with this move. Thank you for the information ! Will give you feedback later :)

Ok, I know that I'm gonna be the n00b sounding person on this page, please don't hammer me, but can someone please explain to me the terms you are using? Such as: "BE" and "33B's" and "3K"

Back