Aluminum Foil Hat Time! Conspiracy Theories?

According to wikipedia, wikipedia is an excellent and reliable source, therefore i rescind my argument that the holocaust never happened while maintaining that it never happened.
From the article you originally linked:
Neither side disputes the reality of the Holocaust, nor is there serious dispute over the premise that Hitler was responsible for encouraging the anti-Semitism that allowed the Holocaust to take place.
I can't wait to get trolled into reading the entire article.

thinking about the space beyond space is insane though... although one would never find this place LoL because it has about a 13billion year/lightspeed headstart... but it is an interesting concept! ;) Good Job LoL

Thanks! I love these talks lol. And you have a point in theory it might work but one would never reach its border. Some believe that if you did get to the border you would just appear in the opposite side of the universe with no recollection of it happening. Then again this is all theory with no actual fact behind it. Anyone's guess is good.

Not sure what you mean by "We aren't smart enough to make it happen on earth". Maybe you mean, "We aren't smart enough to utilize this as a realistic energy source on earth?" I do not know that much about the subject and there's more in there than I care to read, but I don't think you raise a strong point. I don't think our lack of understanding means that it points to god. People have pointed to god when they couldn't explain things throughout history and it has only got them laughed at in a later time.

Actually no we are not able to mimic stellar nuclear fusion because if is currently impossible to create self sufficient fusion on earth. That was completely not the point I was making though. My point was that it is a process that occurs naturally and has been occurring for 14 billion years. Something was behind its start. But ya your right not a good point anyway lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_peopleDoes this mean it's always worse to kill a human than a dog? I suppose you could actually argue this either way.

Exactly! But think about it this way, is it Murder if its a fly? If it isn't that what makes it less of a crime? Its size? or its Intelligence? If its size why is a human life worth more than an elephants life?. If its intelligence that does that mean my life is worth more than a mentally challenged individual? Or is a scientist worth more than mine?

Do you guys think people around the world will lose faith if aliens really land on Earth?

No... its pretty obvious no matter what we prove/see. That religious people will keep their "Faith" no matter what.

You would think being able to clone/create humans by our own hands would prove something, but they wont let us so it doesnt...

Just to throw something in:

I think its incredible funny that a lot of people argue that life/space/universe etc. is so complex/beautiful/asonishing that there has to be a higher form of god who created all this.

Which blows my mind every time is the fact they think something of such a complexity cant be created out of nowwhere, so they search for a good and immediately stop asking questions.

Universe out of the big bang? IMPOSSIBLE. Universe created by a GOD with mighty powers who came out of nowhere? Yeah makes sense. No further questions needed...

And for scientific work, evidence etc...this is what is tought in scientific environments. All hail to Mr. Poppers! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability

No... its pretty obvious no matter what we prove/see. That religious people will keep their "Faith" no matter what.

You would think being able to clone/create humans by our own hands would prove something, but they wont let us so it doesnt...

You actually want someone who looks and acts just like you running around... What makes you think you'll be able to keep your own identity, it's hard enough for most of us with just one of us to worry about.

Bets on how long it takes for the next one to backstab/usurp himself...

docvizzo:

Proving that God doesn't exist is the single most pointless, perhaps even destructive thing anyone could set out to do. Let's not forget that the majority of the world is religious. Take out God and throw in anarchy you say?

No one's saying don't investigate, (quiet, fundamentalists) just that any theory at the moment is based on bias toward it and it is a battleground. Because we are human, we can imagine a God (especially one we are told we are the image of) crafting the world as we craft our own smaller world. What we can't imagine is an explosion the size of a universe conviently leaving planets and stars in these apparently random positions that were able by some gargantuan coincidence to form the precepts we'd need to grow and evolve. No, that definately needs some proof I'm afraid... Lots and lots of proof

You actually want someone who looks and acts just like you running around... What makes you think you'll be able to keep your own identity, it's hard enough for most of us with just one of us to worry about.

Bets on how long it takes for the next one to backstab/usurp himself...

Pretty positive that my conciousness would not transfer to my clone... therefore I would keep my own identity unless he killed me but he would still be someone else... Not actually ME...

Also the things that happened were random. These things were formed over billions of years after the explosion of the universe... Nothing or No one could orchestrate this... Things just happen in the universe. There doesnt have to be a reason why this galaxy is here or this one is over there.

Just like us... we are that one in bazillion chance that intelligent life could form in the universe, and it did. and as far as we know, we are the ONLY intelligent life in the universe.

Religion is one of the most violent, corrupt, and bloodshed things created on this earth. As long as we kept the laws of the land and maintained our morality... I dont see how getting rid of it would be a bad idea.

Really? How about identical twins?

Proving that God doesn't exist is the single most pointless, perhaps even destructive thing anyone could set out to do. Let's not forget that the majority of the world is religious. Take out God and throw in anarchy you say?
So you think people would become immoral without their religion? Just like how religious people believe atheists act? I don't know what to think, but that would be pretty ironic.

What we can't imagine is an explosion the size of a universe conviently leaving planets and stars in these apparently random positions that were able by some gargantuan coincidence to form the precepts we'd need to grow and evolve. No, that definately needs some proof I'm afraid... Lots and lots of proof
Scientists thought about several models of the universe and they chose the big bang because it made the most sense. This model was not chosen just because. This model was chosen because the model lined up with observations in reality. You don't know as much as these scientists do and that's fine. You can still have your own idea of how the universe was made. However, don't think your idea has equal weight to theirs, because their assumptions are based on evidence.

Ever heard the saying there's no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole? This is based on the idea that all people, when presented with the fear of death will naturally and involuntarily gravitate towards the ideal of a God.

And fear is what most monotheistic religion is based on, take away that fear and you unchain the beast so to speak.

But anyway enough about that, you're going on assumption just as much as I am, I never said what theory I favour with regards to creation. I actually do favour the big bang theory, rather I was defending the reason people find it easy to believe in God. As someone said earlier when you bring Him into a debate you divorce it from logic and reason anyway, the two theories are not comparable.

And identical twins... An identical twin does in fact have his own identity or soul so to speak, so would feel at the very least less need to usurp his twin, though this is an extreme example. What I'm talking about is an exact copy of the person created by unnatural means, of course it's easy to say you could cope with your own identity but you're not thinking about the clone himself... Imagine having someone who could potentially steal your identity (we're assuming now you don't have a twin). Then imagine you're the clone...

I think we mankind, other scpicies and universe did not occur by coincidence. Look around you, is it looks like random creations to you? I think nature itself is art.

I think we mankind, other scpicies and universe did not occur by coincidence. Look around you, is it looks like random creations to you? I think nature itself is art.

I defintely think it was random... Random shit comes together beautifully sometimes. Space is too big and too much going on to all be thought out.

Earth is defintely random to say the least... We have the weirdest shit ever here.

Ever heard the saying there's no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole? This is based on the idea that all people, when presented with the fear of death will naturally and involuntarily gravitate towards the ideal of a God.
This is a myth. Very secular and non-secular people have no trouble going into death. It is those who are in between who stress about it.

But anyway enough about that, you're going on assumption just as much as I am, I never said what theory I favour with regards to creation. I actually do favour the big bang theory, rather I was defending the reason people find it easy to believe in God.
Dude, you said "What we can't imagine is..." It's not like I was making a completely unsafe assumption.

And identical twins... An identical twin does in fact have his own identity or soul so to speak, so would feel at the very least less need to usurp his twin, though this is an extreme example.
What is this, Freudian psychology? This is not the movies.

What I'm talking about is an exact copy of the person created by unnatural means, of course it's easy to say you could cope with your own identity but you're not thinking about the clone himself... Imagine having someone who could potentially steal your identity (we're assuming now you don't have a twin). Then imagine you're the clone...
Neither the clone or the original or society needs to be conditioned with that sort of mentality. This is like intentionally having a gay child then telling them that they are an abomination.

The clone would have to be raised from birth... it would just be made up of the exact DNA you consist of.

How the clone was brought up would condition its conciousness.... It could never have your memories they are a part of what your brain has stored, not your DNA

What? Ok I just started reading this last page and it ends with.....Conditioned=Facism?

In that case, The Cake is a Lie, a LIE I TELL YOU!!!!

So you think people would become immoral without their religion? Just like how religious people believe atheists act? I don't know what to think, but that would be pretty ironic.

What?!?.... how religious people believe atheists act? ... that's a pathetic generalization.

You can still have your own idea of how the universe was made. However, don't think your idea has equal weight to theirs, because their assumptions are based on evidence.

I think you missed his point. The probability that 9 billion years after an explosion of astronomical proportions an exact ratio of elements comes together to create certain amino acids, fatty acids, basic sugars and nucleotides that then are put together into extremely complex polymers (DNA and proteins) which THEN have to be put together into larger molecules which finally make up the single cell, is unrealistically small. For all these to happen conditions have to be perfect. Its about the same as a blind-fold monkey typing randomly and having a grammatically perfect Macbeth as a product. That is where god comes in. AT LEAST IMO of course :).

Which blows my mind every time is the fact they think something of such a complexity cant be created out of nowwhere, so they search for a good and immediately stop asking questions.

Universe out of the big bang? IMPOSSIBLE. Universe created by a GOD with mighty powers who came out of nowhere? Yeah makes sense. No further questions needed...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability

People have to stop thinking that if one has faith then they lack complete common sense and acceptance of scientific evidence. Just because I ( A Roman Catholic) believe god created the universe doesn't mean I don't believe in the Big Bang.

Plus how can you possibly believe something comes out of nowhere??. FYI The Big Bang Theory does not hypothesize that something is created out of nothing.

FYI The Big Bang Theory does not hypothesize that something is created out of nothing.

Although Stephen Hawking seems to believe the universe was created "out of nothing". I'm kinda scared of finding out the reasoning behind such a hypothesis.

Also, tangents are fun.

Plus how can you possibly believe something comes out of nowhere??. FYI The Big Bang Theory does not hypothesize that something is created out of nothing.

Alright Senzait time for the burner... God came out of nowhere... how can you possibly believe in him? or that he did? or that he was just here in whatever void.... Then decided hey let me create the ever expanding universe and within this huge universe I will put life on this one tiny planet.

Face it dude... its like I said, we are that 1 in 1 trillion chance that all those things you mentioned plus more could come together in harmony to create what we call earth and life as we know it...

If God created this, Someone had to create God and so on... if not then none of this makes sense...

Its all random, it all cannot be explained why it was created, what started it, when will it end, what our purpose in all this is.

Back