Am I the only one who gets wrong inputs on reversal edge?

I feel like the person who initiated RE wins any clash that may happen on the second round. So you just need to beat the out right.

The only really issue I have had is making an attack or dodge input and my character just guards for some reason.

It's part of the RE mechanic, if both do the same attack in the second round, the one that started the RE with B+G in the first place, wins.
His attack crushes your attack and lethally hits.
It's normal.

FleshMasher is correct. That being said, on really laggy games I have noticed that RE doesn't except my inputs in time.

I personally think it uses the first input timing after the RE hits to dictate how much timing the remaining player input gets (i.e. if the person who selects A, B, K, G, etc... does so before the other person, it shortens how much time the other player has to select their input).

Haven't tested though. Just a theory based on a few whacky games!

I'm experiencing something a bit odd, but I guess it's just me not knowing how to do it properly. I couldn't figure out how to do a GI in an RE clash. When I attempt the regular 6G, it just guards. But sometimes GI happens randomly when it's not what I'm trying to do, and I noticed it mainly happening on the second clash.

Actually no clue if you can normally GI in RE.
All i know is when both block in the second round, the initiator wins and gets a GI on the other guy.

Back