AMV Thread

GranmasGotGame

[10] Knight
I looked around and saw that on a bunch of different threads people were posting AMV's that pertained to the subject matter of that thread. So I went on a hunt for an AMV thread and failed to find one so here I am creating a thread.

Feel free to post any and everything about AMV's in this thread. This includes (but isn't limited to) your favorite AMV's, terrible AMV's, techniques used to create AMV's, your own AMV's, editing tips, advice to potential editors, critiques of AMV's or techniques used by the editor in said AMV's, etc...

So to start off I'm gonna list what I generally judge AMV's by followed by currently my favorite 3 AMV's.

When watching AMV's I'll rank them according to: Interest, Flow, Mood, Synchronization, Originality/Creativity and Quality.

-Interest
This means exactly what you would expect; that is, how interesting is the AMV overall? Am I wishing that it would be over already; or am I so into it that I barely realize that it's almost over? Do I watch it and think it's so cool that I have to watch it again; or am I already browsing through related video's and comments before the AMV ends?

-Flow
This also means exactly what you would expect. How well does that AMV flow? This means having smooth or abrupt (yet appropriate) transitions between scenes; as well as how well the AMV pieces together the clips in a way that make sense (in context to the song or story).

-Mood
Mood is somewhat important to an AMV, as many times it can either make or break an AMV for me. When I say mood I mean making sure that the anime matches the feel (or mood) of the song. While this may seem like a little bit of a nit-picky thing to judge by as it may seem to limit the amount of usable clips one can use, however, all that is needed is a little bit of creativity and technical know-how and the possibilities become endless (sorry, I know that sounds cliched but its true lol)

-Synchronization
I don't think this one needs explaining but, basically, matching events in the video with the music........yep that's it.

-Originality/Creativity
While it is difficult to be original when there are thousands of different AMV's that have either used the same scene, anime, song, editing effect, etc, it is not impossible to create an original scene, AMV, etc. All it takes is a little creativity and you can really wow your audience. So with this point, I'm either looking for things that I have not seen before, or the same thing used in a different way.

-Quality
The last thing I'm looking for in an AMV is the quality of the Anime/Music used. I don't want to be looking at some 240p piece of crap for the duration of the video. I'll go blind from the squinting!

There's a little more that I judge by but I'm sure no one wants to look at a wall of text any longer (nor did anyone probably even read this lol).

Anyway, here are my top three (atm)

Things that drive me with AMV's, how many of them use Linkin Park or Panic at the Disco for their music. Or something else that's been amazingly overused.

I used to make AMVs when I was 15. Just watched a few and cringed a bit.

I made one freshmen year. I could only figure out how to download one episode of one piece, so with one episode, a trial version of Vegas Pro 9, 3 red bulls and 5 hours (school that next morning) I managed to put this crap together.

XD

Back