Amy General Discussion and findings

Windstar

[13] Hero
Post your impressions here.

Overall, roses seem to be key to big damage and options. There's no real way to tell whether you've maxed out on roses or not, but just going by the colors, there's definitely a max level (purple color).

no no you're right. she actually is. IMO stance complexity is halfway between NM and sieg, layered with invisible numbers management on top (flowers, LH requirements). And rose management kind of forced into your hand, because without them she is doing PUNY damage.

Posted this in Gamefaqs, just thought I'd share it since some people were looking for a more organized list of her moves.

🌹 Attacks with Red Rose 🌹
while standing BB
66/33/99 BB
66/33/99 BB (hold)
6 B+K
6 B+K (hold)
4B
236 A+B
SC 6 BBBB
SC 236 A+G/4 A+G

🌹 Red Rose upgrades 🌹
44/77/11ABA (break attack)
4 BB
66 BA (break attack)
236 A+B (break attack)
AAA
4 AA
214 A (break attack)
666 B+K (break attack)
236 (faster)
236 BBB
A+B+K
SC 4 AAA
SC 236 A+B (break attack throw)

🌼 Attacks with White Rose 🌼
4 B+K
4 B+K (hold)
236 KB
6 AB
6 AB (hold)
G+B~K reversal edge 1st clash
G+B~K reversal edge 2nd clash (LH)

🌼 White Rose upgrades 🌼
44/11/77 BBB
236 KBB
B+K~BBB (break attack)
2 B+K~B (break attack)
214 B
B+K (faster)
2 B+K (faster)
8 B+K (faster)
8 B+K~A (GB)
B+K~K (LH)
2 B+K~A (LH)
8 B+K~B (LH)
G+B~A reversal edge 1st clash (LH)
G+B~B reversal edge 1st clash (LH, break attack)
G+B~K reversal edge 1st clash (LH)
6 A+B+K
SC 214 BB
SC crouching 3BB (RE)

Sorry in advance for any wrong notation or property lol.

Ok so here are some of my most prominent findings for building rose perception so far:

Eight matches out of ten I can always get at least my
red rose perception (RRP) to max within the first round.

-Use horizontals as pressure and verticals as baits to get
236 A+B after 22B —> 66B+K

-In close quarters 1B will duck under highs and allow ground stun for guaranteed
6(B+K)

-1K also ducks under highs and will allow for wrBB as a follow up. It’s not guaranteed but it’s fast enough to catch some people off guard whether 1K connects or not

-If mid stuns like 22A connect you can follow up with
66BB for guaranteed rose to connect

-3BA creates ground stun for guaranteed
6(B+K) but if you want more space on wakeup you can simple use 3B —> 4B which is also guaranteed and allows you to set up frame traps

Getting white rose perception (WRP) to max is a little more tricky for me but I tend to pepper it in in the first and second rounds so that it’s max by the third at least.

-Swap 236A+B for 236KB in most air combos, eg 3B —> 6K —> 236KB. I know you’ll want the damage from the other options, especially 236A+B when RRP is max, but it’s the easiest way to build up WRP

-Swap 66B+K for 6AB after 22B. You have enough time after the rose hits to go in for 236A+B which will catch anyone going for a wakeup hit

-6A+B allows stun that guarantees
4(B+K) to hit. Don’t bother trying to go for 4(B+K) after 1B or 3BA; it’s too slow to guarantee 1B, and 3BA leaves the opponent too far away.

edit: I have no idea why it’s made 2 spoilers for RRP but I cant figure out how to fix it so i’m leaving it like that

Last edited:
1B
I believe can be followed up by a confirmed white rose if you pick the close distance one from what I can tell, but is has to be the close distance one.
(Assuming they don't use the quick get up but its worth using if they try it as an opening as it should hit them if they try anything)
Could be wrong though, just from what I managed to try out against a few people.

Last edited:
1B
I believe can be followed up by a confirmed white rose if you pick the close distance one from what I can tell, but is has to be the close distance one.
(Assuming they don't use the quick get up but its worth using if they try it as an opening as it should hit them if they try anything)
Could be wrong though, just from what I managed to try out against a few people.
That’s what I meant by 4B+K bold and italic - it is possible to use it as a follow up but it’s not guaranteed because it’s too slow to hit during the stun. It only hits if the opponent doesnt stand&guard

That’s what I meant by 4B+K bold and italic - it is possible to use it as a follow up but it’s not guaranteed because it’s too slow to hit during the stun. It only hits if the opponent doesnt stand&guard

Oh! Pardon me, I haven't slept for about 5 days now I'm very ditsy at moment.

After playing with and against her I came to realisation that this character will be a total pain to pay against. Safe launchers, lots of 50/50 and with 4 roses 4A becomes ridiculous. Or I may just be getting old

Does anyone know how to make B+K A, B a NCC? I did got it to work once in training mode but I'm not sure how I did it.
I’m confused about the question; are you asking how to make it combo naturally during a fight, or how to synthesise the conditions in training mode for it to combo naturally?

I’m confused about the question; are you asking how to make it combo naturally during a fight, or how to synthesise the conditions in training mode for it to combo naturally?
How to get it to combo naturally (on counter hit) in training mode

You have counter settings in training mode. Set them up on step/attack/8wr accordingly
Lmao yes I'm aware. I'm saying on counter hit Amy's B+K A, B is NOT a NCC. The horizontal does not combo with the unblockable. However, one time in training mode it did combo for a total of 3 hits. I've been unable to recreate this though and I'm wondering if someone can.

Back