Amy vs Xianghua

tresto

[09] Warrior
Hi,

I'm having trouble to deal with Xianghua when playing Amy.
My normal Amy gameplan is to :
- put my opponent on the ground with mixup or step 33B or 66B punish
- apply her wakeup
- punish all I can if standing
- do a reverse mixup if at disadvantage : just block, step, B+K, 4A, or A+B

what makes the character strong is that even if her combos do only low to medium damage, her wakeup is not interruptible, so in the end, she really does big damage.

Against Xianghua, she just has to do her crybaby and it breaks my wakeup game. I can just wait until she gets up, maybe block one then do 2K immediately, but that's crap damage and I loose advantage.

Also, Xianghua has a decent throw game (55+ dmg throws) so staying close is not a very good option.

So I adapt, space a bit, and my game becomes crap stuff like BB, 3A, 1A, 6BB, maybe sometimes 33B after step (and X has very good anti step tools). All these tools do very low damage obviously, I just don't seem to manage to outdamage her with Amy.

Oh and this is really a matchup thing. Against the same player I tried my other characters (Cass, Yoshi, Voldo) that do nice standing damage, and had no particular problem. The crybaby was a bit annoying sometimes but I always found stuff to handle it.

Any pointers ?
In some tournaments it's "only one character" rule, so I can't just switch to Voldo if I meet a X player.
Or is it just hardcore and I have to work on it ?

only 20dmg on the ground, unsafe and guardable on reaction
I've been working on some stuff I hope it will work properly this weekend when I play vs X again

on hit : 2K, WR K
on block : FC B, WR K

max range : poke with 1B
eg. i normally do 2B+K,33B to optimize wakeup (34dmg), i'm going to do stuff like 2B+K 66A+B 1B (> 50dmg no wakeup) instead

How is that possible? it's -14 on Block. Sisters can punish that. what move does X have that can punish that. Plus you're just looking just damage wise. How do you think Mina's SG game is run. With blockable moves. It's already hard enough to make that hooker block Amy. But it's really good on wake-up. plus it forces Tech-crouching, limiting your opponets moves from there.

don't just look at the obvious damge it produces, look at what else it does. Notice you didn't say "evadeable on reaction"

...just pointing it out. :D

Xianghua can do 4K 3B on -14 for a bit more than 30dmg + knockdown. Works from standing and crouch.

I don't understand your soul gauge remark. Are you suggesting that with Amy it's a good idea to purposely get moves blocked ? I prefer them not blocked and get the damage. In my opinion, Amy's SG game is just a side effect of getting 33B / 66B very often which is actually a bad thing for me : it means that my whiff punish and/or mind games weren't effective enough. But maybe that's just me not being open minded enough.

Thanks for your opinion. Any lead that could get more information on how to kill X is welcome

Amy vs X? I dont see where X can beat her efficiently. I think that matchup is a 6/4 in amys favor.

As someone whos mained X the past 2 games she just doesn't have the same tools. Crybaby? She can only do that if your facing her feet or head. She cant do that from the side anymore. And you talk about mixups...what mixups? I just see mid or throw as being the mixup.

Her lows? 3a? Negative on hit now, and less range than it used to have. Chip damage. No reason to duck for this move.

1a? its only +1 on hit so amy can interrupt her fc 2a afterwards with 6bb. But if their smart they'll duck it after awhile. So its a mixup for both of you not just her.

WS a+b? Chip damage, negative on hit I believe. Overall, theres no real scary mixup here. Amy should be beating her out for sure in an aggresive fight. If she keeps doing evading moves like 66a+b or 44b you should be stepping and guarding or step and punish them. All of her evading moves are linear except for 66a+b a little bit. But you can see the animaton for the move coming out so you can just block and punish that with 3ba.

Amy can also punish her 66k which no other character can.

Thanks for your input
I'll definitely be trying all this out next time I play that X user.
I realize that the character is hard to face for me because I don't know her. I didn't play SC3.
There are maybe 3 X players in FR community : COP DT7, who has an awkward style and plays Raphael more often anyway, Kayane whom I play rarely (she's more of a Chun Li than a Xianghua right now), and that guy Maich who beat my Amy.

Back