Angel Side step stance

Senzait

Steamed Buns!!
How come no one uses it?
Seems like AS~S A,A and AS~S 236B are solid.... plus is steps... is there a reason why its not popular or am i just not seeing it?

Because AS~S is ASS! Like literally.

But seriously, it's not that good. ASS AA is unsafe and just doing TAS B > whatever else. I'll throw out AS~B or AS~S K from time to time, but other than that, I don't find it that useful.

AS~S is indeed ass.
1)It doesn't start sidestepping until too late to be useful in most situations(and some other option will be better if it does work)
2)It loses the TC from AS at some point before the sidestep ends(which is just stupid since the stance would be bad even with it)
3)It has some heavy cooldown, whether you do a move from the stance or simply try to recover out of it, so you rarely if ever get to take significant advantage of an opponent's whiff(also the options out of the stance aren't the best whiff punishers)
4)All the moves you get out of the stance with the exception of AS~S K you already have available to you without the (huge) start up of the stance transition and AS~S K isn't that special either
5)Finally there is no other special redeeming quality from the stance, like that you get a mix-up(all moves mid) and you have to input the 2*8 far too early to be able to even use it to feint very effectively.
In one of the SA threads, I want to say bottom 10 moves list, some people discussed why they like the stance. I don't think I've ever seen it put to any practical use though...

hmm, all you pros say AS~S is useless but i have actually found it to be a good pressure tool (i have even successfully used it against Ring a few times so there is no way in hell its that useless). Moreover, my little testing has shown that it is Sophie's only good answer to Mitsu's stances, most notably relic. If AS~S AA is inputed just after opponent enters relic it evades and punishes everything including movement (except G of course).

I just said that it wasn't that good. I may start using it against Mitsu, but I rather keep it simple and use TAS B.

AS~2
It's really good against taki, everytime she goes into PS, just AS~2 and you should dodge her next move as well as punish it.

Back