Angelica the Nun and my other characters

Stein

Angelica's Swordsmith
Hi everyone! :)

I downloaded "SoulCalibur V" off the PlayStation Network a couple of weeks ago and I'm hooked! My only previous experience with the "Soul" series must have been back in 1996 or 97 when I rented "Soul Edge" one weekend. I've always been more of a "Tekken" fan, so I guess the weapon combat of "Soul Edge" just didn't appeal that much to me, so I never rented it again or bothered to play any of the sequels... Until number 5! :)

Here's a character I created yesterday: Angelica the Nun.

Here's a video of her in action:

Glad you're enjoying the game, and welcome to the forum!

Angelica is a really nicely made character, you can instantly recognise her as a nun, but she doesn't look generic either, and the sticker usage is spot on. Good job.

Thanks Le_Bello! :) I will post a formula video of her soon.

I thought I'd post other characters I've made in this thread as well, but I can't seem to change the title of this thread. If possible, could a mod please change the title to "Angelica the Nun and my other characters"?

Thanks Le_Bello! :) I will post a formula video of her soon.

I thought I'd post other characters I've made in this thread as well, but I can't seem to change the title of this thread. If possible, could a mod please change the title to "Angelica the Nun and my other characters"?

By all means post away, it'll be nice to see what else you've got.

Also I think Mage might be your guy for changing the name, just be polite :P

Hi S-V, and welcome, i must agree with Le Bello and say there is a good start here, especially your nun is spot-on (and bustyyyyy). The choice of Ivy weapon style is very fitting, but if you wanna make an alternate, do you know that natsu has a win stance looking like someone doing something close to a christian blessing (that would be a good alternate style to your SM nun)

I like how you posted in game vids as well, but i'd advise to make them 1 or 2 round fights (if you wanna show off CEs as you did)... not many will actually watch your 3 min 3 round match vids, believe me.

It was pretty cool to see your clown in the second vid though, nice choice of sparring partner (and i love clown CAS, you know if you have lurked before posting)

Now about areas for improvement, i don't know i guess you haven't unlocked all ExEq (Extra Equipment), but i'd say your nun could stand out a lot more with addition of them...do some research and try to use stickers and build christian artifacts out of ExEq for a start (i won't give this to you on a plate, but you could look at what peeps like rdmunhoz or others have done in that department for instance).

Anyways, know that CAS creation can be mildly addictive, and that stopping posting new CAS after opening up a thread is considered a mortal sin.
I bless thee, young CAS scholar...

Thanks for your advice, I will take note for future reference. :)

I will be posting formula videos of Angelica and Harley later today. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice, I will take note for future reference. :)

I will be posting formula videos of Angelica and Harley later today. :)

Thanks,

About that, i forgot, i would advise you to post formulas only if requested, it will save you a lot of time for actual CAS making, which we'll be delighted to see posted here in the future.

I know the title of this board might be misleading, but i just want to save you the trouble, especially with the current traffic.
Also partly because, and i mean no offense by that, those first two CAS' clean and easily readable build makes them easy to recreate by eye. Unless the nun has some secret sexy underwear+ExEq build you wanna share :P

Also, the face you chose for the nun is exactly the one i would have chosen...perfect match, unless you go for mother superior then you can do the senior version...why not ?

Hmm... I might make another nun or two. We'll see.

I appreciate your advice, but I will post the formulas anyway, because I like to share. :)

Here's the Angelica formula:

Thanks orangeislands31! :)

I have a French Maid character, Michelle, who fights in the style of Raphael. I made her last week, but for the last couple of days I just haven't been satisfied with her looks. So last night I decided to change things up and I was very pleased with the result:

Here's the old Michelle:

And here's the brand spanking new Michelle:

My newest character: Elaine Marley from the Monkey Island series, based on her appearance in the third game, The Curse of Monkey Island.

Whilst I'm not a fan of RCaS personally, I do have a lot of time for Ms Marley. That said, she could do with a bit of texturing to make her stand out a bit. Sure she's a faithful remake, but she's not very interesting to look at.

Sometimes it's good to sacrifice a little accuracy for the sake of making something look a lot nicer, and in this case I think giving her a bit of grunge would work wonders, and not be such a big deal considering the SC aesthetic and the MI ones are so different.

I'd recommend using the good ole' tiger pattern on her overshirt there. By making both colour channels almost the same, it gives a slightly worn look which is more interesting on the eye, and the more subtle you make it, the less scruffy but still textured it appears.

Back