Anti Amy! lol...

lol yea that'll work. Thats one of raph's worst matchups especially now since hes pretty bad.

oh it works....................till amy does that rapid poking move

and really a bad match up? I never have problems with amy

although granted i have never played any one who uses amy on this site

If you are playing as Yoshi, go into Flea Stance (B+K) after the first hit of 3BA, and attack with either ST B or ST K (obviously prefer this move due to the A+B grab).

As Sophitia, 4K should parry the second low hit of 3BA, which could then be followed with a 66B or 1K.

As Voldo, 22 or 88K would work pretty well again after the first hit of 3BA.

Hope this helps ^^.

the LoLi princess has really bad range. so whenever im matched against another Amy user... i usually use my Asty and they can't get a hit on me.

and also Raph gives my Amy a hard time as well... but i dont use Raph or play with him (ever) so thats probably why... xD

Side step side step, keep your cool and side step . this does work TRUST ME. im not gonna babble about commands because it all depends on you, but to get the best of her side step the hoe :D

Well everyone knows to expect alot of verticals from amy, she doesn't have crazy traking on her verticals, so side stepping is good. Amy lacks alot of low attack, she only has about five of them and only two of them are really effective. Watch out for the feet stabing move ( that is her best low attack )

Amy lacks alot of low attack, she only has about five of them and only two of them are really effective.

Not only Amy has more than five lows (1A, 1B, 2B+K, FC 1B, 2K, 2A+B, A+B K, A+K A, AB, running K, BT 2K, ...), but who cares HOW MANY lows she has ?! Yes 1A and 2B+K are definitely her best lows, but damn, they're like the best lows in the game !

2B+K~delay 6A+B,A is 50dmg on over half the cast (or ~40 on smaller/thinner characters).
1A is i17 !!! And full antistep, only -1 on hit !

What else do you need ? These are like fantastic lows, and much safer than Mitsu's 2KB for more damage. (-19 in full crouch, not -25-something standing) ; and no just ukemi is possible either. BTW I have to check Mitsu's frame data, -20 for 2KB can't be right, since it can be punished with i23 silver moon combo by Setsuka.

Oh and by the way, anti Amy is simple : just don't let her get close enough to hit 2B+K, step her all day (to her left) ignore her 1A crap, simply take the 16dmg, don't duck, punish her 236 moves (unsafe : -16), and do more damage than her. That's how you win vs Amy. Do NOT duck randomly to avoid 1A. Maybe sometimes do jumping moves or something, but no duck. Other advice : her ground game sucks ass, so just wait to take any guaranteed hit (even if delayed, you only get 2 more dmg or something), then get up right away. It negates every tech trap.

1A is steppable tot he left.
Amy general step side is to the right not left.
Mistu 2KB is -25 , 2K is -20

Her ground game is best in the game. you cannot escape wakeups after 2B+K hit otg or 33B hit otg. after both this another 33B is unescapable, unless amy runs up. If she runs up the following options come up.

33B will wiff vs left roll
2B+K will wiff vs backroll - cannot be siderolled.
8wrA+B will wiff vs right roll
3B - will hit all rolls (not sure if consistantly) but wiffs otg.

Need I say that even if 3B wiffs it is still risky to get up?

Each of ground hits take 14 damage and reset the wake up game. If your opponents are escaping these you are not doing it right. Test for yourself in practice mode.

Belial what you just said is that her wake up game is good (and I agree) ; but except from forcing wakeup, the actual ground game isn't too good. When I say avoid tech traps it means the tech trap will hit guard after ground hit, not that it will whiff.

But hey a good wakeup is kinda nice instead of tech trap ^^

Well everyone knows to expect alot of verticals from amy, she doesn't have crazy traking on her verticals, so side stepping is good. Amy lacks alot of low attack, she only has about five of them and only two of them are really effective. Watch out for the feet stabing move ( that is her best low attack )

It's not how many lows you have, it's how many of them are useful. Just look at Mitsu and the power of 2KB.

can't she also pick someone up off the ground with 236KK (Or perhaps 236KA)?

nah it knocks back down and does only 14 dmg anyway
as far as i know only asta and voldo can "really" pickup from the ground (leaving you standing and at disadvantage)
setsuka can do it a bit with A+K,B -> Umbrella (but knock back down)
rock can ground throw (know back down too)

Okay I thought perhaps you could do just the single K and pick them up, lol. I see that isn't the case. My mistake.

But bad ground game? What constitutes as a good one??

hey guys, how do you beat her 3B mixups/shaninigans.

is my best option just to 8K after the blocked 3B?

step, GI, interrupt. same as usual
3BA second hit can be GI'ed on reaction very hard though might be not worth it
fuzzy guard second hit so they dont get free mix after 3B on block
just practice a lot vs her

1A is steppable tot he left.
Amy general step side is to the right not left.
Mistu 2KB is -25 , 2K is -20

Her ground game is best in the game. you cannot escape wakeups after 2B+K hit otg or 33B hit otg. after both this another 33B is unescapable, unless amy runs up. If she runs up the following options come up.

33B will wiff vs left roll
2B+K will wiff vs backroll - cannot be siderolled.
8wrA+B will wiff vs right roll
3B - will hit all rolls (not sure if consistantly) but wiffs otg.

Need I say that even if 3B wiffs it is still risky to get up?

Each of ground hits take 14 damage and reset the wake up game. If your opponents are escaping these you are not doing it right. Test for yourself in practice mode.

So what is the option with the best risk/reward?

Noface: It depends on the situation you're in
for example for 236KK juggle ender (if you dont JU) its best to either roll (not tech) left then get up. Or get up blocking low. but most of the time it will depend on your opponent option select, which has a very good risk/reward in the first place. Thats exactly why Amy ground game is so good as long as your opponent knows how to use it.

8wr A+B pushes back if it hits you grounded I believe, so it would probably be a good idea to try to get Amy to hit you with that. Left roll does sound like a good idea. But apparently she can still hit you with 3B. What about 6:6B? does that hit all rolls?

Back