Anti Amy! lol...

lobo

Luminario
so a lot of people seem to be having trouble fighting against amy. no surprise...she is the master shredder. well, i suppose we should give them a fighting chance, and allow a place to expose her weaknesses...

any tips on how to defeat my sweet loli princess?

i think not!

futile ideas welcome here.

good luck.

Be prepared to shake whenever you're hit and throw something with good TC or duck everytime you guard 1K. I don't really fight enough amy players so I don't know much else.

Amy can't track both ways when ranged (afaik), and her tracking overall isn't scary enough to actually make people stand still.

the A in 3BA can be jumped.. so hit 8B to get a freet hit on any Amy user who spams that.

Key weaknesses
1. Weak range.

2. Amy is quite steppable. General rule is her distance moves are weak to 8wr right and her close range moves are weak to 8wr left. The only full tracking move I am aware of with Amy is 3A, even though it has about half the range of her 6BB.

6BB - 8wr left or 1p 7_8_9
3B - 8wr right or 1p 7_8_9 (3B barely tracks 8WR left, though, and the follow up low tracks both directions)
8WRA+B - 8wr right or 1p 1_2_3
66A - 8wr right or 1p 1_2_3
33B - 8wr left or 1p 7_8_9

3. Do not be afraid to interupt her after blocking her pokes like 6BB. Aside from her very slow 66A and 1KA she does not have good frames on block to keep attacking. She can not hold a solid offense unless she is hitting you.

Tech-crouches (off the top of my head)
3B
6B+K
1A

Tech-jumps (off the top of my head)
8A+B
Jump A
Jump B
66B+K

Things To Remember
1. 6BB~236BB is only interuptable by yoshi's 2a:B on block, but nothing stops it on hit. - TaXi : #1

2. Her 2nd B in her BB has a tendancy to whiff at near max range.

3. Be ready to shake out of several stuns. Some of you coming from Tekken as I have find the whole shake system hard to remember to circle the stick or whatever to recover. However, if you have a fast wavedash from Tekken you can do that motion instead of full circles and recover just as fast with no random jumping.

#1. Her 236BB is -16, so just punish her for trying it after 6BB. All of her 236 moves are punishible by several characters except for 236K:A which can be ducked.

Common ground games
Juggles ending with 236KK - It can be jf-tech, but if you fail to do so expect 2B+K, 6:6B or the A+KB unblockable. Generally it's not a bad option to just stay down and take the ground hit. Her best ground hitters push you away enough to get up without great conseqence.

A favorite sequence of mine is 2B+K, FC 1B, 66A
2B+K, FC 1B is guaranteed, however 66A is not, but it's nice because it gives Amy plus frames and right back on top of you. The weaknesses of 66A after this is:

1. Teching and quickly attacking will interupt
2. Stay down and it whiffs
3. Teching and walking to the right will evade it. Remember! her distance moves are generally weak to 8WR right.

Potential Punishment List (FOB = Frames on block)

Code:
Horizontal Attacks
Attack         FOB        
  AB           -12            
  1A           -21            
  4A           -17            

Vertical Attacks
Attack         FOB         
  6BBB         -16           
  6BB~236      -14           
  3B           -15           
  3BA          -11            
  1B           -18            
  4B           -16            
  FC 3B        -15            
  FC 1B        -17            
  Jump B       -14            

Kick Attacks
Attack         FOB          
  6K           -12           
  6K~236       -20            
  2K           -13          
  1K           -16            
  4K           -12            
  4KK          -14           
  FC K         -13            
  WS K         -14            
  BT 2K        -19            

Simultaneous Press Moves
Attack         FOB          
  6A+B         -17            
  6A+BA        -12            
  6A+B~236     -26            
  2A+B         -13            
  8A+B         -14            
  FC A+B       -14            
  FC A+BA      -18            
  2B+K         -18            
  4B+KB        -16            

8-Way Run Moves
Attack         FOB          
  11A          -11            
  44A          -15            
  44AB         -13
  66B          -10            
  44B          -17            
  66K          -12            
  8WRA+B       -12            
  66B+K        -20            
  Run K        -22            

Special Moves
Attack         FOB          
  236A         -21            
  236B         -16            
  236BB        -16            
  236BBBBB     -16            
  236K         -14 
  236K:A       -10           
  236KK        -16            
  A+BA         -15            
  B+KB         -14            
  B+KK         -12            
  A+KA         -14

Don't attack after blocking 66A

Don't attack after blocking 1KA

duck 1KA on reaction is possible

don't overstep vs her, just a little bit is needed to get around. Block all lows except the ones that come out of a stance, and punish with 2A.

Punish 1A properly.

Roll around on the ground after getting knocked down, she doesn't have very good options and the ones that do don't do much damage to begin with so don't freaking tech every time you get knocked down.

Don't attack after whiffed B+K auto-GI.

Punish with BB after 236BBBBB

good advice here...also, don't worry bout running right up to her and blocking. worst throw game in the game.

The one thing about her negative frame data on block that people have to realize is that if you try to interrupt her next attack, she can easily auto-GI and punish you if you don't mix up your timing and attack angles.

I'll second sidestepping, especially at a distance. If they're in your face and spamming fast moves, try to GI them (Assuming you have a good enough connection to do so) and either throw 'em or back off a bit.

The one thing about her negative frame data on block that people have to realize is that if you try to interrupt her next attack, she can easily auto-GI and punish you if you don't mix up your timing and attack angles.

Not to mention 44B though the properties on that move aren't as good as raphs or x's, it is still very strong, not to mention damaging since you get a mini combo off of it on hit or CH.

You especially don't want to attack her when she is at a very small disadvantage on block, or at least use a good mixup.

"Do not be afraid to interupt her after blocking her pokes like 6BB."

Mid parry launch and high crushes galore. Rewarding too. Also, about the 6BB thing, you said right after that 6BBQCFB was pretty much uninterruptable. Just saying.

"The only full tracking move I am aware of with Amy is 3A, even though it has about half the range of her 6BB."

Don't 1A, 2A, FC A+BA, 3BA(2nd hit) also track? I'm pretty sure they do.

"Weak range."

That's not a problem. Look at it this way. Amy is a defensive character at a range. Safe sidestep launch that does great damage (33B), amazing whiff punisher that takes up half the stage and does great damage (8WR A+B (a whiff punisher that you can do both from running in and walking back = win)). Also, aren't 8WR A+B and 33B stepped in different directions? Both of her parries are still there. QCF BB and 8WR A+B both duck highs (do they also duck throws?). And she still has her QCF dash to come in in general. That's not what I would call a weak ranged game. This takes care of the whole stepping problem at a range too, if you're basing things on a defensive situation.

"Juggles ending with 236KK - It can be jf-tech, but if you fail to do so expect 2B+K, 6:6B or the A+KB unblockable. Generally it's not a bad option to just stay down and take the ground hit. Her best ground hitters push you away enough to get up without great conseqence."

imo 8WR A+B is actually great in ground game. It has range and hits people that just sit there. And if they attack or duck, they're getting launched for great damage. Of course, if they start rolling there's always A+K A and A+B K. 2B+K can also be used on somebody just sitting there, or getting up and trying to block the 8WR A+B. Also, I've seen recently at a local that 2B+K 6A+BB mixups can actually be quite deadly since options can come out really fast out of it. If somebody always techs but never attacks or better yet if they always duck, A+B B and A+B K are great, safe and damaging. Her ground game seems pretty well rounded, it's all in how you use the correct mixup at the correct time.

That's about it. Most other advice here is right on. Duck 1KA, shake stuns, watch out for parries and crushes, watch out for her safety/speed, step her at a range.

Well I'm glad someone made this thread so I wouldn't have to. I fight two super-aggressive Amy players regularly, and I get trounced every single time.

Question for you Amy players out there: If I block 1KA or 3BA, does Amy have enough frames to duck if I try to throw her?

Well damn, that's not going to help at all then unless they try to follow a blocked 1KA or 3BA with something that doesn't TC =\

Oh, I also found for you Kilik players out there that you can GI the second hit of BOTH 1KA and 3BA with 236 MO =D

Amy is bearable if you can do a lot of difficult defencive and offencive options at will. Such as ducking 1KB, jumping 3BA or punishing 3B, GI'ing her slow moves (66A), and using a favorable mixups, especially after her moves like 66B and A+B~K blk or 3A hit that leave you in FC et cetera. In other words if you know the character AND the opponent, most likely you can win. or not.

Otherwise pick Hilde. Or Algol if he's not banned for u.

Back