Anti-Ralph..NOW. Shit is pissing me the fuck off

Anti-Ralph..NOW. Shit is pissing me the fuck o

GI. That or keep stepping and hope the Raph doesn't realize he has horizontal attacks. I have problems vs Raph too, since I'm an online player and trying to GI or sidestep in his chain is damn near impossible.

you know you're in trouble if the first thing someone says to do about a matchup is "GI" lol

B+K can hit him out of prep A traps (other than from 44A) so may give that a try. Raph certainly beats Zas though matchup wise

Step is so SLUGGISH online, you just cant create the space you need. Ralph gets so much reward for just blocking and putting on another assault of pressure. He leans back so fucking far that its pointless to tech high against his lunges because they whiff. 66BB WHIFFS. 4A Whiffs.

I need to check out his frame data or something. If I find anything ill surely post.

I dont understand how some characters have LONGER REACH, and some characters can still out prioritize them. Ralphs 44B shouldnt beat out Zas's 66BB.

Poking them away is pointless because they can do 3 or 4 times the amount of damage off of some old school bullshit, meanwhile im busting my ass. I dont even know what a good Ralph is because they all so the same stupid shit that shouldnt be advantageous.

Usually I test out against the AI on hard whoring moves to see what its unsafe to, and Zasalamel isnt punishing a lot of this stuff with attacks.

Raph is top tier ppl just been sleepin on him all this time. True story.

Hes top tier but the REAL problem here is Zas doesnt have the tools to deal, Xianghua can make him bow down easily.

I think Ive broken Ralph down a bit. A few things, excuse the messyness:

-BB is a bit slow. Dont even bother using it. AA is better on Ralph.
-The minute you block his advancing 3_6B HARD STEP TO THE SIDE. The only thing that seems to beat this is the kick which his me SOMETIMES from Ralphs back turned. It makes absolutely no sense, but its better than nothing.
-B+K and KK can beat his 3_6B > advancing step.

And MOST importantly
-Poke STEP poke STEP poke STEP. This seems to eat him alive. It will force Ralph to start using A attacks in desperation, which levels the game. By poking then quickly stepping to the side into guard you will cause all his bread and butter to either whiff or miss completely.

Im sure I could find more, but not at the moment.

If they're doing prep alot in a certain pattern, can 3ba hit? That's the only mid I can think of with decent range and speed...

You must mean 3AB. And its too slow. B+K and K are the only two moves Zasalamel has thats fast enough to stuff. This is including PREP A.

3AB looks like it should have more tech high frames, but it doesnt. You REALLY begin to see how limited Zas when you play characters that can out zone him.

Youre not only forced to know him like the back of your hand, but also every other character in the game.

22A is working wonders tho. Im thinking this move is more practical with characters that are built to stay in your face..Taki, Ralph, Rock..

Just some tips:

-Raph's BB is negative on hit and his AA is SLOOOOWW.
-6BBB is BB4 punishable.
-If you block 3, all of his follow-ups are steppable, although he can go into VE.
-VE A is mid-high so be sure to duck or TC the second hit.
-Prep BBB:B is WS B punishable.

You just really have to step a lot. Raph's poke game is really annoying for Zas. If you can bring him in with 4A you're in good position. Even on block you can step most of his bread and butter moves. Just don't let him back-peddle on you and make sure you capitalize on every whiff. He's still a bastard though.

Im trying to figure out how to get around PREP A+B..UUUUUGHHH

I surprised you didn't mention Raph's 4B since so many of his good attacks are high. Raph's 4B is an excellent tc that leads to his strongest combo.

I use both characters and so my answer is. What would you do against Sophie?

The reality is, Raph is unsafe just like Zass. YOU have to turtle hard and step...and punish.

Just some tips:

-Raph's BB is negative on hit and his AA is SLOOOOWW.
-6BBB is BB4 punishable.
-If you block 3, all of his follow-ups are steppable, although he can go into VE.
-VE A is mid-high so be sure to duck or TC the second hit.
-Prep BBB:B is WS B punishable.

You just really have to step a lot. Raph's poke game is really annoying for Zas. If you can bring him in with 4A you're in good position. Even on block you can step most of his bread and butter moves. Just don't let him back-peddle on you and make sure you capitalize on every whiff. He's still a bastard though.

your assuming the raphs a scrub and will actually use 6BBB and 6BB without prep

yeah his AA is slow but its +3 on hit and aB is +2

no good raph will actually go into prep after 3B is blocked,yes you can hit check it

what scrub raphael will actually use prep BBB:B on a blocking opponent?

and prep A+B is -20 and steppable as algol its easy to beat

raphs strongest combo is actually SEB B 3B prep A 3B prep BBB:B

and stepping raph is not really an issue for him if he knows what hes doing 2A and WS A will own you if your predictable

lets not forget grabs

Raph doesnt have to many side steps. Hope he's not good at using any stances B+K sidestep stance to be exact.

Raph doesnt have to many side steps. Hope he's not good at using any stances B+K sidestep stance to be exact.

ughh

WHY use B+K normal step is faster also 4A is faster to VE is situational

ok i think ill pass some of my raph knowledge

1)dont use WS B- 44B owns this move so hard its useless

2)pull moves fail- any of those gimmicky high pulls are a liability 4B will go under them and hurt you bad

3)dont worry about PREP STANCE ITS AWFUL- prep rush downs are gimmicky seeing as ducking owns it
prep A is mid but if you duck its only 6 DMG and -8 on hit or something dumb like that. PREP A+B is a joke
you can duck, stand then step it on reaction, or block it and punish although it soul crushes well.

4)the only thing to worry about is prep VE A if the first hit lands its +8 for raph
watch out for this

5)22 VE B:B is unsafe- throw when you block it its near free

the miss info in this thread is lol worthy

Both of you guys are on my friends list... I'll set up the fight. Qshimitsu using WRB only and angelic 44B only.

There's only one match-up where I would consider never using WS B and that is vs. Sophie. Definitely not Raph.

yea a good Ralph player is trouble and can piss you off if you don't know how to deal with him just don't fall in to hes game and you should win but i would have to say Ralph is better then zas

Back