Anti Soph 11A[A] Air Grab

FleshMasher

[13] Hero
I found that, when you block the first hit of sophs 11A[A] and immediately do WS AA, you beat her out of her tech jump UB and she goes way up high, allowing you to grab her with A+K B+G. She can Air control, but not enough to escape it.

Even when she does the fast 11AA your WS AA will clash and the second attack will hit. Even the whole WS AAA combo would hit, because it seems to be CH when you hit after the clash, but it's hard to hit check and do the last A on reaction to the clash.

WS K is also good it will counter hit the fast version and tech crouch the half slow version and the UB version.
When you WS K TC the half slow version, even though your WS K whiffs, you get a free BT A and when you WS K TC the UB you get a free BT A+B.

You guys know if there are any other TJ moves where WS AA, A+K, B+G works? Maybe Asura Dance? Although this would be harder to time...

Any strings with TJ in the mid or end?

Hmm thats an interesting find. I have a mate who plays Sophi really well and make good use of that unblockable. It will be nice to have a really spectacular counter to it. I'll definitely give it a try.

Perhaps there's something you could do from WS AA214 ? Maybe PO step to follow any air control and realign, then..I dunno, PO B? I mean, as an alternative to the unconfirmable WS AAA.

Anyway, I get that you're asking about other TJs that Taki can glitch into this high juggle (or just KND?) like this. But I don't know of such moves. Maybe Liz's WS KKK? I dunno.

It's probably not a glitch, there are a lot of attacks that wouldnt seem like they should knock people way up in the air but do so anyway (Mitsu 3K is I believe a good example). It usually only works though if the other character hasn't been launched/juggled yet.

Back