Anti-Sophitia

AuLord

[08] Mercenary
Hey, guys. Sophitia has always been a form of cryptonite for me, so I was wondering where I should begin by dismantling a good Soph.

It seems that Sieg has to expose himself to deadly risk a lot of the time to actually create openings here, and a good portion of his arsenal is interruptable/punishable by 236B. She gets +frames on hit. Good disadvantage on block for her, which is nice.

I just really need a good starting point. Playing defensively seems to be a death knell, while going all out aggressive in my experience is just as equal suicide.

Thanks. Appreciate any advice.

against sophie I recommend just be a good turtle, I see alot of sophies like to rushdown. In that case look for certain things

deathfist- punishable by launch

1K- possible WS B, if not then WS K

236236 AA- can be interrupted on second hit with B+K K or if you feel then wont GI afterward, B+K A

1AA- punishable by launch

4B- you can interrupt the 2A with WS K, I see alot of sophies go for this

236 AA- once again B+K becomes a factor in this

I also see alot of sophies like to use 66A when they are far away, its a horizontal so.....

and lastly, with my experience I see sophie players do a simple safe attack into A+B, be weary of this and familiarize yourself with her safe moves.

Does Soph have a particular weaker side?

Also, 2_8 B+K hasn't been very successful in my experience against her. Has anyone noticed otherwise?

She has alot of moves that track but moves like her deathfist and 66B can be SS'd to her left, your right, so with you being on the left side use 2B+K if you are going to use it.

Use 4K a lot, and i mean a lot. Throw her when you block her moves as most of the time she's in range. GI 66B whenever you can. Don't go heavy on highs. Throw break with A 75% of the time. You can't punish her 1K, but if it hits attack her regardless.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll try to put it to use. If anyone can think of anything more specific, or I can, I'll add it. Much appreciated.

The only question I have left, is what do I do against B+K spam on her part? 6A? 3K?

A grab might work if you wait on it a little or 3A if it's not too slow(don't think it is).

Against offensive Sophy players I get close to them and then I side step to her right. Then after I confirming the whiff, depending what it was, I do: 77A, 99B, 1B, or back throws.

Her right side is weaker on tracking for most of her moves. But you have to time your side step very well.

kA-MixUps and 4K are a most against her. kA2A is a safe low and you mix it with k[ A ]~SCH'B.

Her spike can be punished.

Against her 11B[ B ] unblockable, if you get hit by the low, you can quickly step to her right and throw her from behind.

against sophie...

learn how to read when she's being aggressive and when she's being defensive.

defensive = she waits to punish you..... if she's in this mode... doing stuff like 22k: A :2A, Throw, B6 more will break her turtly shell... as well as various pokes and just stepping around her to intimidate her.

aggressive = she's trying to move in on you taking more risks and trying to use her speed advantage to beat you into stuff.. imo... uses more throws, step, pokes and well timed 3... also keep in mind.. proper back step will help you out.

this is a tough match up but it's definitely much easier compared to any SC from before.

-LAU

Siegfried is totally better than Sophitia in this version. Just calm down and force the opponent to change the pace of his attacks, just by doing a lot of jaGA, B6 and 4K. In a defensive situation Sophitia's players often try to use its better safe game to overpower you just by guard/punishing routines, then you have to use your range to do a lots of 22 trying to hit (even on guard) with the tip of the sword and do this mind trick:

1. First time you do this they will try to punish with 236B or so, then roulette from SSH to SCH to avoid the strike and punish with SCH B.

2. Repeat 22 and this time use SSH cause the opponent will try to guard instead of try to get punished again. Then do SBH K cause maybe the opponent will try to punish with 236B and SBH K interrupt this move.

3. The next time try to mix SBH B(for soul gauge purposes, and to change the pace so the opponent maybe would try to GI SBH K) and roulettes to RSH to do some pressure, and also back to SSH to repeat the "recipe".

Also is very easy to evade Sophitia moves while doing steps to the left, and punish with 88~RSH B~3B. Try to practice against recorded commands the most of Sophitia top uses moves to improve your reflexes and time reaction.

-Stryker-

You also need to watch the moves that end in a stance or just going into a stance. Usually results in "just input" stab in the chest. In otherwords against a good Sophitia player, stances are worthless because they will be looking for it.

As mentioned before, her right side (the hand with the sword) is Sophie's weak point, as 8wayrunning to that side whenever a 66B is initiated will be a complete whiff. Also, faking a Sophie might cause some players to throw out an A+B parry, which would lead to a frame advantage on Siegfried's part.

2. Repeat 22 and this time use SSH cause the opponent will try to guard instead of try to get punished again. Then do SBH K cause maybe the opponent will try to punish with 236B and SBH K interrupt this move.

sophie stab is faster than that frame trap. You need to sidestep again with 2_8B+K there if you're looking to beat it..

nothing really but play safe-fried <- HA! Thats hilarious but its an unfortunate truth.

Playing the normal unsafe-fried will get you murdered. 3B. 22_88B both heavily heavily punishible. Sidestep allot, 236A (The stab? i think thats the input) can be sidestepped. When she does TWS (Twin Angel step) I recommend 44B it will TJ the high and the low. although she can TWS dodge I don't see it too often. 4K,44A is pretty good. just remember TWS whiffs allot of siegfried's good moves. I say keep-away and turtle it out, like offbeat although Turtling with Siegfried is hard IMO he has quite a reputation for being unsafe.

You all know that the 2nd 236236aa can be 8b'd yeah? Its not very hard to do consistently either ^_^.

when I feel like totally pissing myself off I'll play Sophita on EdgeMaster for lulz. She's the only one I cant beat on Edgemaster using Sieg or Algol.

i don't know what it's called but what should i do with that move where she slashes you , then goes in to a 360 degree jump and then turns it into an UB ? the UB can be faked out with a normal attack . is 4B+K an option here ? i've seen peopl 7_8_9k it , and i'm not sure about nightmare but i haven't tried B+K'ing it with nightmare . with nightmare i've seen it A+K'ed , then again this is a siegfried discussion . so what to do against this move ? since it's a b*tch .

Back