Anti-Voldo Help

AM64

[09] Warrior
Recently, I've been having a really hard time fighting against Voldo. It's not really a character versus character issue...I just have a hard time fighting against him in general. In particular, Voldo always seem to own me whenever he enters Blind Stance. He has so many fast, powerful attacks from that stance that sometimes it feels like fighting Voldo is one big 50/50 guessing game. Of course, experience is one answer...and I certainly have gotten better at fighting Voldo over time. However, I was hoping that the Voldo players of the world could give me some general pointers, since you guys know him far better than I do at the moment. Any advice you could give me (common mistakes Voldo players make, weaknesses of often used moves, etc.), particularly with regard to Blind Stance, would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm....I think I can only provide some general pointers so I may not be of tremendous help to you but here's a few things I've learned playing as Voldo

-if you're fighting Voldo in blindstance, keep up the pressure on the attack. If Voldo blocks while he's in blindstance it automatically brings him back to regular stance.

-If he's in blindstance, be wary of using vertical attacks that make you step forward. When Voldo initiates a throw from blindstance, he does a slight sidestep while turning around which lets me evade some vertical attacks and simultaneously initiate a side or back throw, if that attack moved my opponent forward, for high damage.

Other than that, the only piece of advice I can give you is to learn which of his attacks are punishable on block and take advantage whenever the situation is presented to you.

Off the top of my head, get good at sight-seeing Voldo's lows like 1A, BS 1A, or BS 2B,K ~ He's got a nasty wakeup game so getting hit by these well really hurt.

Also have to learn to Sight-see his 2A+B so you can GI it, or the incoming mix-up is brutal as well.

Really have to practice when to step against him as well.. a lot of V's moves track well, but if you get around them he's in trouble.

Sporko nailed it on keeping Voldo from BS all day, getting him to block back to facing position.

After blocking practically anything from Mantis or LF attacks, you're able to punish -- find what works for your character when he's tech crouched / in either of these stances.

Otherwise, just gotta keep practicing against 'em =)

-Manta-

Back