Any Board Gamers/Pen and Paper RPGers?

Hey, just curious. Anybody here play games like Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun?

Or minis gamers? Like Warhammer 40k?

I like games.

I play a lot of board games. Settler's of Catan, Puerto Rico, Carcassone, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Talisman, etc. My latest obsession in this category is Agricola.

As for PnP RPG's, I used to play a lot of 3.5 Edition DnD and lead a playtest group for 4E before it was released. Most of my group (myself included) didn't like 4E much, so we haven't really played much since (though we still play a little 3.5E from time to time). I've played a little Shadowrun, as well as a handful of others. My current interests are mostly focused on 3E Legend of the 5 Rings (HoR campaign) and Witchunter.

Never played Warhammer or other hardcore minis battle game, but I did play a lot of DnD minis for several years. Even placed in the top 4 at the first DDM championship at GenCon.

On the other hand, I hate CCG's.

-=The Jesster: Gatchaba Goose=-

I've done some DnD but I find the battle mechanics boring and tiresome. As for board games I played Axis and Allies back in the day as well some Squad Leader. Been into a lot of board games, but I imagine most people have never heard of any of them...

Try me.

Lets do this!

I like games.

I play a lot of board games. Settler's of Catan, Puerto Rico, Carcassone, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Talisman, etc. My latest obsession in this category is Agricola.

-=The Jesster: Gatchaba Goose=-

Settlers -- Check! Good choice.
PR -- Check! One of my favorite games.
Carcassone -- Check! Only on the 360 though, scorekeeping in real life is a BITCH!
Betrayal -- Check! OMG so much fun! INSANITY EFFECTS WOOOO!
Talisman -- Check! Never played, but everyone that I've watched seems to enjoy it.
Agricola -- Check! Fun, but not quite my cup of tea. I play it if other people show interest.

My favorites:

Twilight Imperium, Settlers, Ninja Burger, Kingsburg, Puerto Rico, Descent, OOTS Adventure Game, Ticket to Ride, Transamerica, Iron Dragon

Warhammer 40k (not anymore), Warmachine (playing now!), Infinity (nobody else to play against...), Blood Bowl (league)

DnD 4th Edition, DnD 3.5 Edition, Pathfinder, Serenity, Exalted. Although I only DM 4th ed, and am going to start in a 3.5 ed on friday.

Try me.

Lets do this!

Let's see... I haven't been to a convention for it in several years but I still talk a little bit of World in Flames. Getting groups together around here is fail so I havent played Empires in Arms, Kingmaker or the OG Civilization in a while either. Heard made EiA into a computer game, but it's still horribly niche. The quicker stuff you can get done in a day or two is all I've been able to convince locals to play, things like: Seven Ages, History of the World, Samurai Swords(originally sold as Shogun). That's what I remember atm.

I've played Carcassone in the last year and done Settlers before a couple times, but most of the rest of the ones listed here I've only heard of or read the rules for...

I have played just about every game mentioned in this thread barring Yugi-oh, heh.

Sunday is my P&P rpg day. We alternate between D&D, Shadowrun, and a few other miscellaneous P&P rpgs whenever we need to mix things up.

I also love Axis & Allies, am learning Settlers, and, while I may be a so-so Soul Cal player at best, I am top-tier at magic the gathering

Sidenote: If anybody here plays 3.5 or 3.75 (pathfinder) D&D and needs to know how to absolutely break the Wizard class, hit me up, haha.

I prefer campaigns built around depth of story, immersion and roleplaying buuuut everybody gets stuck in a hack and slash combat campaign at one time or another (whether they like it or not) and have found little ways to take Wizards, which are normally the "Protect me while I'll deal with the enemies" class, and to turn them into the "Fuck yo' Face, I'm the motherfuckin' wizard, I'll handle this fight and you guys go drink some prissy tea or shit" class.

Back