Any tips to pull off festival of the damned timing wise?

Any tips to pull off festival of the damned ti

One thing you have to know about normal FOTD, is that it's not like SC2 or SC3, the second part (46A) is no more a second part, you have to do it WITH the first part.

That mean, if you range whiff the FOTD sometimes you will end doing 6A after the whiff animation, cause you HAVE TO buffer all the command in ONCE : 236A+G46A, and note 236A+G, 46A, you have NO TIME to do 46A while waiting something happening in the screen, you have only few frames to validate 46A, so you really have to do it like you are blind.

If you understand this, you will have no problem anymore doing normal FOTD.

iFOTD is easier if you are quick enough for the motion 41236, cause doing 41236A+G fast, will valid both 236A+G and 46A.

And that's why dFOTD is so hard to do, you have only few frame to Valid Throw (A+G) and 46A, when yoy delay it, you can't count on tips like iFOTD.

I was going to make a new thread on this, but since the timing's similiar, I thought I'd ask here. For people who use pad's, when you use FotDead, do you move your :B:+:G:? I find it difficult to get the timing down with the default setup. I can do FotD easy now, but for some reason I'm off when it comes to FotDead. I'd really like to use it more for throw mixups, plus it has RO potential as well.

I personally have the grabs mapped to the R2 (A+G) and L2 (B+G) buttons on the PS3 controller. I've had problems with missing grabs at times and instead blocking, so I've switched. It's 100% reliable that I will actually attempt a grab now...

As you said, the timing is the same, just the grab is harder because of the default button placement. I'd try mapping the the B+G grab to a shoulder button.

td I'd invest in a stick or something if I were you. I saw you posted in the other thread that you just learned how to 'time' 3kB, which is really easy - let alone multi-press grabs. I don't think it's you, as much as you just can't cope with that controller.

I have an Xbox so I can't really comment. Just a friendly suggestion.

FOTD has to feel impossible on that thing.

One thing you have to know about normal FOTD, is that it's not like SC2 or SC3, the second part (46A) is no more a second part, you have to do it WITH the first part.

That mean, if you range whiff the FOTD sometimes you will end doing 6A after the whiff animation, cause you HAVE TO buffer all the command in ONCE : 236A+G46A, and note 236A+G, 46A, you have NO TIME to do 46A while waiting something happening in the screen, you have only few frames to validate 46A, so you really have to do it like you are blind.

If you understand this, you will have no problem anymore doing normal FOTD.

iFOTD is easier if you are quick enough for the motion 41236, cause doing 41236A+G fast, will valid both 236A+G and 46A.

And that's why dFOTD is so hard to do, you have only few frame to Valid Throw (A+G) and 46A, when yoy delay it, you can't count on tips like iFOTD.

Did you get a chance to read my post? if you're trying to do a delayed FOTD, anytime after 236, just input 4A+G, 6A. The interval between 4A+G and 6A has to be short like you're doing 46A. I can do it 90% of the time using this input method.

td I'd invest in a stick or something if I were you. I saw you posted in the other thread that you just learned how to 'time' 3kB, which is really easy - let alone multi-press grabs. I don't think it's you, as much as you just can't cope with that controller.

I have an Xbox so I can't really comment. Just a friendly suggestion.

FOTD has to feel impossible on that thing.

What I meant with the timing was when to pull off the move, not the timing of the actual move (that's perhaps one of the easiest slide inputs. I have a harder time with aB). I used to simply wait too long after the BP B where the 3kB could be blocked.

I've been playing the SC series on gamepads since Soul Calibur on the DC, so controllers actually feel much more natural to me. I've tried arcade sticks in the past, but since I'm so used to the controller it just feels awkward.

I can pull off all of Kilik's moveset (minus the GB Asura don't know what I'm doing wrong), including his FOTD throws. I still have some trouble on them from the 2P side, but I'm working on that.

What I really need is some more people to play offline against. STL apparently has zero serious players, so my only competition is my roommate, who I've quickly passed in skill since investing time in learning how to play rather than memorizing move sets and spamming attacks.

Did you get a chance to read my post? if you're trying to do a delayed FOTD, anytime after 236, just input 4A+G, 6A. The interval between 4A+G and 6A has to be short like you're doing 46A. I can do it 90% of the time using this input method.

Post #26 at the date of 2 December 2008 :
You missunderstood i was talking about the delayed version of FOTD.

Btw my best success yesterday was with :

236 wait delay 4+A+G ~[6] A x N

I know it, i keep saying it at the beginning of the thread. This actualy the best way to pull it i think.

Mappin> i think A+G don't need to be mapped on controller, you can easly press A+G, but B+G need it. I only use 2 mapped button : A+K (L1 or LB for Xbox) and B+G (L2 or RB for Xbox), it's the only two which is hard to do manually on Pad. Btw i'am playing on HORI EX PAD, so myy LT and RT can't be used do to lag, so i'am forced to only use 2 mapped button.

I've never had any real problems pulling off Festival of the Damned, whether it's the instant one or the delayed one. The only thing for me was just pulling off the 46A following the MO grab, and that was fixed by having it incorporated into muscle memory so now it just follows up on command (usually, hah). I don't do anything special in terms of timing input but all I know is that the MO grab needs to be done a whole lot faster to get the iFotD going. Personally, I enjoy this version becausing dFotD sometimes GI's the opponent and the grab follows and misses completely.

ok i've figured out the easiest way to pull off Fotd. first i have A,B binded to top of my controller. i use the analog stick as well. to pull off the move i simply roll the analog in a complete circle starting at 2. input the throw once you past 4, then keep rolling the analog in same motion with constantly hitting my binded A,B. no need to hit anything else just keep rolling in three complete circles and the binded button acts as both the second input A and third input B. works like a charm everytime. just make sure you wait to input the throw part after you past 4 on your controller. give it a try

p.s. the roll on the stick is counter clockwise from 1 player side and reverse from 2 player side.

ok i've figured out the easiest way to pull off Fotd. first i have A,B binded to top of my controller. i use the analog stick as well. to pull off the move i simply roll the analog in a complete circle starting at 2. input the throw once you past 4, then keep rolling the analog in same motion with constantly hitting my binded A,B. no need to hit anything else just keep rolling in three complete circles and the binded button acts as both the second input A and third input B. works like a charm everytime. just make sure you wait to input the throw part after you past 4 on your controller. give it a try

p.s. the roll on the stick is counter clockwise from 1 player side and reverse from 2 player side.

i've never done FOTd more than 2x in a row...did this today and did it five times in a row

genius my friend...pure genius

PS. instead of binding A,B simply bind A+B and you only need to mash that button

Yo this might sound arrogant even tho it's not butttt I don't see how the hell you peeps need shortcuts or w/e I will do this a million times in a row without flaw without special shortcuts or binds - just press the buttons as they are shown - whats the problem?

/rant

i've never done FOTd more than 2x in a row...did this today and did it five times in a row

genius my friend...pure genius

PS. instead of binding A,B simply bind A+B and you only need to mash that button

thats what i meant about binding the A and B :D
glad it worked for you. i call this the Poor Man's Fotd :d

Not everyone can correctly guess the timing of a move after they've just looked at it. And not everyone has the patience to test it out to find the timing. So yeah, your post is kinda arrogant.

This is why SC4 should have an input display.

Not everyone can correctly guess the timing of a move after they've just looked at it. And not everyone has the patience to test it out to find the timing. So yeah, your post is kinda arrogant.

the timing is very strict on this move for the iFotd but the delayed version has many ways to input the command. i've tried them all and this method i found is by far the easiest.
even without the bind its still very easy with this method. i was in debate on whether i should post this method and i'm questioning myself still cause i dont want this move to be done by every scrubby kilik player around. but 8wayrun is about passing on info about soul calibur and different strategies so here it is. did you try this method Something Unique??? also either throw Fotd or Festival of the Dead can be done with this method.

the timing is very strict on this move for the iFotd but the delayed version has many ways to input the command. i've tried them all and this method i found is by far the easiest.
even without the bind its still very easy with this method. i was in debate on whether i should post this method and i'm questioning myself still cause i dont want this move to be done by every scrubby kilik player around. but 8wayrun is about passing on info about soul calibur and different strategies so here it is. did you try this method Something Unique??? also either throw Fotd or Festival of the Dead can be done with this method.

And what method is this that you expect Something Unique to be able to read your mind about?

Input displays are funny. I rly don't need a game to tell me what the fuck I just pressed - I just pressed it.

well, the 360 Dpad tends to disagree (PS3 so much better)

People tell me that but I use a 360 elite controller with zero issues. I even had a 'I can't believe you did that with a pad' comment a few times in SF4.

I never use a white controller so I'm assuming the D-pad is different. Either that, or I'm a D-pad freak :D

People tell me that but I use a 360 elite controller with zero issues. I even had a 'I can't believe you did that with a pad' comment a few times in SF4.

I never use a white controller so I'm assuming the D-pad is different. Either that, or I'm a D-pad freak :D
i also use an elite controller but don't think there is any difference. i don't use the d-pad though, i use analog stick. i find it works alot better than the d-pad :D

Back