Any tips to pull off festival of the damned timing wise?

Any tips to pull off festival of the damned ti

I use both, actually; even tho I can do it all on D-Pad. I find it more comfortable.

Like FOTD, I do 1st and 2nd inputs on D-pad, then 3rd part on Analog. I'm weird science, son!

Odd about the no controller difference. I totally feel like my black d-pad is more flat in touch and accurate in execution than the white controller; which is opposite qualities.

My d-pad's a POS, and the analog is getting there, too. That said, I can do FOTD on both, if they're in working order.

If I have the time and resources then I'll try to tape how to do it on pad and stick.

Dont expect this for a week or so however.

If I have the time and resources then I'll try to tape how to do it on pad and stick.

Dont expect this for a week or so however.

i'd rather you show me how to do Guard Break ASURA lol. still can't do this for the life of me.

I use both, actually; even tho I can do it all on D-Pad. I find it more comfortable.

Like FOTD, I do 1st and 2nd inputs on D-pad, then 3rd part on Analog. I'm weird science, son!

Odd about the no controller difference. I totally feel like my black d-pad is more flat in touch and accurate in execution than the white controller; which is opposite qualities.

Ha, i am the same way. For example I do Asura Dance like so: B+K, 6B on D-pad and 41236B on Analog stick.

I mix up between the analog stick and the D-pad all the time. Any motion that involves 214, 236, 1, 3 (BP, MO, 1K, 1B, 11B, 1A+B, 3A+B) I use the analog stick for and anything that does not involve diagonal directions I use the D-pad for. It works for me (although Fuzion disagrees, haha).

I just got a stick and I play my mains on a pad. When I play kilik to mess around, I use the stick so I can sort of "hear" the timing it makes it a bit easier for me. But even without a stick you have to do the first two parts almost as one long command. (236A+G, 46A). The second part I do with a VERY slight delay. Keep practicing the entire thing in parts and then just put em together. worse comes to worse if the you get the first part down, just mash 41236B repeatedly afterward, he still does the move, at least until you can figure out the precise timing of the input.

I FINALLY DID IT!! Last night I did FOTD. Funnily enough I decided to drink a glass of red wine, which I had never done before, and then I went into practice mode and after a few tries I pulled it off (maybe the wine helped, hehe). Here is how I did it: I did 2364 as one motion then press A+G at the same time as 4, then 6 and mash A, and then after a slight delay 41236B. I used the analog stick for the 2364 motion, then the D-pad for the 6, and again the analog stick for the 41236 motion.

In general it seems that circular motions are easier to pull off with the analog stick. For example, I switched to doing Asura Dance entirely with the analog stick and my success rate increased by about 20-30%. Because of that I am inclined to think the game is less picky about the precision of the input coming from the analog stick compared to the D-pad.

So the moral of the story is...drink some red wine (if you are of legal age, of course). It has anti-oxidants, it improves blood-circulation, but most importantly of all, it helps with performing FOTD. haha

Now the only thing left that I can't do is GB Asura Dance.

I'v only read the first page so forgive me if someone else has already asked this.

Is there any video of this being done on a controller (xbox preferably =d) I've Google'd it and Youtube'd it and not found anything =d

you shouldnt really need to look at a video tbh its not to bad to pull off. just try and input the 236A+G~46A in one motion, its gotta be real fast (10 frames) thats the hardest bit of that, after that you can do the 41236B in a slower motion.

its a very useful tool if you can do the iFoD -> GB ASURA makes it an i15 throw punish i belive

I am just learning this. In the past I thought the damage caused was not worth the discipline it took to learn it.
My question is this;
Will Festival of the Dead work the same in combination with Asura as Festival of the Damned? The difference in initial input is MO B+G46B instead of MO A+G46A. For some reason I can pull off the Dead easier than the Damned for that first part. I have not conquered the 41236B after the initial move list yet, so I don't want to be barking up the wrong tree if it does not work.
Thanks in advance.

Edit: I still would like to know the answer to the above, but about 150 attempts at Festival of the Damned into Asura and I have pulled it off twice in a row. The first part of FOTD needs to be ridiculously fast and I still can only pull that off maybe one in five times (practice will fix that ratio). Once I see that the 46A connects, the 41236B into Asura is like mother's milk.

I'm not even sure of what you're asking...
It sounds like you're asking about FotD(B) into Asura??? How would that even begin to work?

If you mean you have an easier time doing FOTD(A) than FOTD(B)..

Maybe its because the input for FOTD(B) is 236B+G, 46A+B. Not 236B+G,46B.

Maybe its because the input for FOTD(B) is 236B+G, 46A+B. Not 236B+G,46B.

Then the Wiki is wrong as is the manual :-/

What I believe you are calling FOTD(B) is labeled as Festival of the Dead (not Damned) and the initial input is 236B+G,46B. ...and it works. But I have not taken the time to see if the follow up of 41236B will follow as it does with FOTD(A) (or FOTDamned)

Edit: messing around with it now.

2nd Edit: Since the 46B (at the end of 236B+G, 46B) ends in a knock down (50 in damage....not bad), it does not allow for the combination into 41236B, and then into Asura. .

Sorry if I wasted anybody's time checking.

Ok, if you phrased it that way I would have had the answer for you.

They've changed the input to 236B+G,46B? I didn't know that.. still happily doing the old input. :)

Anyway the B version has its only useful little gimmicks as well.. involving a wall and BP B.. try it :) (Its in one of the threads here)

Also, if it helps.
I input FOTD as 236,4A+G~6A, 41236B (or 236~4A+G~6A for iFOTD)

I use a stick, and I'm still learning how to do FotD but I'm getting better at pulling it off. What I do is 236, and press A+G firmly (else 236 A comes out) then do 46A as fast as I can. The last 41236 B part, I just do it twice or even thrice, and it seems to come out okay.

yea you just gotta do it really quick thats all i can say lol....practice practice...ive gotten sore thumb from it lol

does it work if you do the 236a+g before your stick glows purple as well? i dont think ive got it to work for this one

Yes it works if you do it before his weapon glows. I think in the example in the command list it doesnt glow anyway.

I'm just getting the hand of this... except for me it's more of a mashing thing...

236A+G 46A46464646AA464A 41236B98741236B4236BB42366546544984

Like, literally. Maybe because I use a pad, but it seems to work alright 90% of time. Kind of embarassing when it doesnt though. But the last part I think is the hardest because that's when the timing changes...

For the 46 A pretty much do it as fast as possible. The moment you've inputted the 6 of the 236 A+G your finger should be headed towards pressing the 4 of the 46A.

To do the 41236 just hesitate a bit. Like you do the 46 A and when you see the animation of the second part of the throw you just easily input the 41236 B. It doesn't need to be fast at all it's a really relaxed input.

hope that helps

Hello, i've read some great tips here. I'm just starting with Kilik and I really hate him. All I can say to help with FotD is my way to imput it : 2365 :A:+:G:46:A: * 98741236:B:, neutral position seems to be important since I tried a lot to do it as fast as I can but didn't work (Kilik was doing 236:A: instead), now I do the neutral position and it works pretty good and I don't even do as fast as I can (still fast ! don't try it slow). Hope this can help.
PS: I know it's slightly slower than the fast 236:A:+:G: imput but I can't make the second hit.

The best way to do it is definately 41236 A+BB 41236B. By doing the 41236 fast and precise enough, you'll get every time a iFotd (a faster grab without the glowing staff animation) It's the same command as the asura's last hit ;)

Back