Anybody else notice this when Reversal Edge happens?

RudderbuttCos

[09] Warrior
So when I saw Reversal Edge for the first time since the game released and I got my copy, I noticed that half of the streaks or trails were cut off, it looks like an invisible wall or something. Is this a glitch or bug inside of the game whenever Reversal Edges happen? It use to distract me at first, but now-a-days I'm use to it (sometimes), was wondering if anybody else notices this?
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181101172148.jpg

You mean in front of Xianghua's face?
In your screenshot?
That's just the trail making a curve and going on into the other direction a bit, before fading out, like all other trails i see.
I see no trail that is cut off.
All i see are trails fading out.

You mean in front of Xianghua's face?
In your screenshot?
That's just the trail making a curve and going on into the other direction a bit, before fading out, like all other trails i see.
I see no trail that is cut off.
All i see are trails fading out.
I just think it looks like it got cut, then it does curving. But like I said, I kinda get use to it and don't even notice. Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
20181121_223229.jpg

I think Masher is correct and I came to the same conclusion before seeing his post, just studying the curve in detail. The sense of a sharp edge there (which is noticeable--I can definitely see why it catches your attention) is being created by the fact that you are viewing the apogee of the vertical arc, combined with the fact that the streaks that define the plane of the curve are variable in their opacity, and one stream overlaps the other. I think if you could freeze that rendered moment in the engine and change your point of view a little (bullet-time style), you'd see that the curve is actually pretty consistent with the others on screen in that moment.

Last edited:
Back