(April Fools) SoulCalibur V 1.03 Patch Notes Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the release of version 1.02 only coming two weeks ago, Namco Bandai announced that they would continue to support us with patches. But nobody could have foreseen the changes for the new patch being released this early! Namco Bandai's community manager, Filthierich, has given us details on the upcoming patch!

Once again, the exact frame changes are not listed in the patch notes. However, many of the changes in the patch have a larger impact than just safety. Currently, there is no release date planned.

Battle System Adjustments:
  • It is now possible to block at all times during movement by holding the guard button.
  • The downtime between just guard attempts has been removed..
  • Guard burst damage now recovers fully for both players between rounds.
  • Guard Impacts have been removed.
Overall move adjustments:
  • All Characters now have a new critical edge attack performed with :2::1::4::2::1::4::A+B+K:.
  • Fixed a bug where Viola's orb previously counted as MAGIC and could not be auto impacted. It is now a vertical attack.
  • All jump attacks now instantly break guard.
Misturugi:
  • Relic stance has been implemented.
  • In Relic stance, Mitsurugi has infinite super armor, but cannot attack.
Maxi:
  • Maxi can now block at all times during stance.
Voldo:
  • Many of Voldo's moves now have intentionally confusing hitboxes, as he is blind.
Ivy:
  • Has gained 5 new stances.
  • Increased the difficulty of the just version of Criminal Symphony.
Nightmare:
  • :1::K: (Dark Low Kick): Now stuns the opponent on counter hit.
  • Nightmare now has a brave edge version of :a-small::gA:. This version of the move hits mid.
Astaroth:
  • Astaroth's throws are now unbreakable.
  • :2::3::6::2::3::6::A+B+K: is now instant with no startup.
Cervantes:
  • Just version of Geo Da Ray is now safe if the opponent blocks.
Raphael:
  • Raphael's A button has been replaced by Guard Impact. He is now the only character in the game able to Guard Impact.
Tira:
  • Tira now switches personas every ten seconds and her attacks no longer change her state.
Hilde:
  • :B: release (stage 2) (Moonlit Dance): now launches higher.
  • :2::3::6::2::3::6::A+B+K: (Storm and Urge): now rings out from anywhere on the stage.
Algol:
  • :A+B: (Shams Nath), :2::A+B:(Eltanin Nath), :8::A+B: (Dual Wings): no longer have recovery time and are instant.
  • :2::3::6::2::3::6::A+B+K: (Al Shams Qahhar): is now unblockable.
Dampierre:
  • :2::3::6::2::3::6::A+B+K: (Cockgaine, Land of the Plenty): Increased damage (90 -> 240)
Z.W.E.I.:
  • All attacks with E.I.N. are removed from the game.
  • No other changes were made to this character.
Viola:
  • All of Viola's attacks now do 1 damage as long as the opponent is in the air or in ground stun.
  • After 5 hits in a combo, Viola's attacks will deal 0 damage.
Pyrrha:
  • Pyrrha now apologizes for every move.
  • :2::3::6::2::3::6::A+B+K: (Trinity Strike): Now unblockable.
Pyrrha Ω:
  • Triple Nemesis Step added.
  • Triple Nemesis Step :B: (Rhamnous Strike): Deals 80 damage. On counter hit deals 120 damage.
Patroklos:
  • Patroklos has been replaced by Elysium with Sophitia's SOULCALIBUR IV style.
α Patroklos:
  • While Crouching :3::B:::B: (just) (Shade Thrust): decreased 2nd input timing.
  • ag:B: (just) (Rising Red Moon): Now launches higher.
  • Now is just named Patroklos.
Natsu:
  • :A+B: (Scroll of Darkness): Now cannot hit people in the air.
  • :6::A+B: (assasin's Secret): No longer stuns opponent on counter hit or in combo.
  • During Possession :A::6: (just) (Phantom Scroll): Decreased damage (10->1)
Xiba:
  • :2::3::6::2::3::6::A+B+K: (Kong's Dance of Qi Tian Da Sheng): No longer can Guard Impact
  • :3::A:+:B: (Trick Bo): Increased startup
  • :1::A:+:B: (Dirty Bo): Can no longer Ring out.
Leixia:
  • Voice actress has been recast. Leixia is now voiced by Georgia Van Cuylenburg.
Aeon:
  • :6::B::A+B+K: (Sandland Battalion): Reverted damage (30->50).
  • :B::B::B: (Turnus Style Fusrious Drought): Opponent can no longer step 2nd attack.
Yoshimitsu:
  • There were no changes made to this character
Soul of Devil Jin:
  • There is now a selectable Devil Jin character on the character select screen.
Ezio:
  • Ezio is no longer selectable if you play with a new controller. This is to prevent pirates from playing Ezio with illegally obtained controllers.

NEW CEs?

oh, ivy will just have yet ANOTHER grab...

lol if this was true namco would have given her another grab

I got as far as voldo before I realized I was being duped. Shame on me... XD
And the fact that siegfried's not listed is funny in itself. They dont care about him. lol

Nice try at a lame April Fools joke.

Now, I've been wondering what's the point of this day, nowadays.
It wasn't lame, but it was pretty obvious. An even better April fools joke would be all other characters that didn't make the roster (Cassandra, Talim, Rock, Zas, etc,.) being "confirmed" as downloadable characters, especially in one dlc pack. There'd be endless tears....

• Increased the difficulty of the just version of Criminal Symphony.
Suicide-01.jpg

That one was just for you, you know.

It wasn't lame, but it was pretty obvious. An even better April fools joke would be all other characters that didn't make the roster (Cassandra, Talim, Rock, Zas, etc,.) being "confirmed" as downloadable characters, especially in one dlc pack. There'd be endless tears....

That was my first idea, but I figured the tears would be followed by rage that I didn't want to deal with.

Grr, I loved this until you made light of my main man Patty-Cakes. Should have changed his to '66B+K no longer hits grounded opponents' and '1k removed'

Hildes CE Rings out from anywhere was a very good WTF until my mind said "these guys are fking with you". I almost had a heart attack when I seen guard impacts are removed and, Astaroth grabs are unbreakable.

Then I read Ivy has 5 stances I was like "yes!!" Then someone said April fools..

"After 5 hits in a combo, Viola's attacks will deal 0 damage."
haha! Stupid bitch >:)...good one though...had me for a few seconds until I kept reading XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live streams

3 Viewers
DarknessChosen
DarknessChosen
[RO/EN] Tusea si cu Jungiu in direct pe Twitch | Day 2 | !discord !redeems !findmydarkness
1 Viewers
dragonmoor22
dragonmoor22
Streaming @PhoenixMoor5382

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back