[ARCHIVE] agA assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? SBH B is so slow. You'd think it would be blocked, even if you did a QS cancel into SBH.

Seriously? SBH B is so slow. You'd think it would be blocked, even if you did a QS cancel into SBH.
You do the cancel when you think they're going to kill your step. For example: When fighting Pyrrha she may try to beat your side stepping with AS A, if you do the SBH cancel the attack will whiff over your head letting you do a SBH B. Against Astaroth he may try his 44A at mid range, do the SBH cancel and it will agi the attack letting you SBH B. :D

Reactions: LAU
When fighting Pyrrha she may try to beat your side stepping with AS A, if you do the SBH cancel the attack will whiff over your head letting you do a SBH B. Against Astaroth he may try his 44A at mid range, do the SBH cancel and it will agi the attack letting you SBH B. :D

... Dastardly!

Think I'll take this manuver for a spin this evening. Thanks. :D

... Dastardly!

Think I'll take this manuver for a spin this evening. Thanks. :D
No problem, hope it works for you.

Also can we get a mod to move the QS SBH stuff to the General Discussion/Q&A thread. This thread has gotten off topic. Thanks

I just wanted to mention from my experiences, for iagA to come out for NM, you can't use the A+G shortcut. In the input display the moves have to show three inputs for agA like Siegfried's.
Alright, maybe I just tricked myself mentality and thought that I I did iaA+G. Thanks for the info. :D

Also still having trouble doing it in pressure situations. Potentially you could relocate all binds of ur pad so you can justslide aga in one motion. But I dont wanna screw my whole settings I been used to just for one move. But yeah, for me its impossible to do aga with just one hand without remapping buttons. FML.

Also still having trouble doing it in pressure situations. Potentially you could relocate all binds of ur pad so you can justslide aga in one motion. But I dont wanna screw my whole settings I been used to just for one move. But yeah, for me its impossible to do aga with just one hand without remapping buttons. FML.
Do you use a shoulder button for the second A? Whats the most common mistake that happens? I am pretty sure we can address the problems.

Im a stickplayer, so no shoulder buttons for me. And all 8 buttons are mapped in a sense that I need them. So i cant just map two buttons to A. So I actually have to do AgA with just 2 buttons that are next to each other...with one hand. Its so hard to do that most of the time I rather dont risk screwing it up. I rely on A and 33A alot because of that.

Have you seen nightblades video? There's also another "two finger slide" method which might work for you.

Nightmares iaga does feel easier...for me its more consistent than siegs there seems to be more "breathing"room for nighty and siegs just seems strict...

Nightmares iaga does feel easier...for me its more consistent than siegs there seems to be more "breathing"room for nighty and siegs just seems strict...
That's because NM's agA allows you to do it as agA or aA+G while Siegs only allows agA. Only problem with aA+G is that you will never get the just frame version doing it that way.

I found mapping a shoulder, yes, I play pad, to another A gives me the normal aGA every time. I can't even pull off an iaGA at all.

I found mapping a shoulder, yes, I play pad, to another A gives me the normal aGA every time. I can't even pull off an iaGA at all.
Same here. I gave a second A on my LB/L1 and I rarely get iagA (1/50 unless using it as as combo ender). I get more iagA by doing it the 'thumb rocking" way, only problem is after a few matches I'll start moving my thumb just slow enough agA won't come out at all.

Just try to do it really fast. The way i started practicing it, is to do as many consecutive agA's in a row as i can. You automatically start to do them faster and faster and at one point the iaga's will come out.
From then on its just muscle memory training.

I would encourage using the shoulder variant though, the thumb rocking doesn't seem to work for me.

I use stick and the easiest way I found to do it is slide index finger from A to G with right hand then input last A with left hand. I can land iaga easy 90% of the time this way. Make sure that when u slide from A to G that u slide completely past the G button so ur not pressing it when you tap the last A. Listen to the sound of the button pushes so once u do land it u can build a rhythm in ur head as to what it sounds like for the correct input.

For pad users make sure LT or LB is configured with A as the lead input (a+g, a+k, a+b or just A). On face of pad slide from A to G (slide past G) then tap ur LB. The slide needs to be fairly fast.

I gave up on iagA. When I try a slide input it usually messes up. I just opt for the delayed version now for the sake of consistency.

iaga is just one of those moves like Kilik GB Asura SC4. It takes ALOT OF PRACTICE but eventually you get the feel for it and then it becomes muscle memory. Stick with aga for now but keep trying till u get it cause it's well worth the effort to learn this move.

Still haven't gotten this move down. Have debated changing my stick binds since I don't even use LB/RB generally, but even then it's the same dilema for button placement. Hopefully I'll figure this out soon.

Well if you want to make it really easy for you on stick, just assign A G A right next to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back