Are casuals leaving SCV or is it just me?

XxMiku-chanxX

[08] Mercenary
After taking a 6 month leave from Calibur due to school & failed attempt at anime fighters i was searching for rooms i barely saw any of the usual "Mics Only or Customs Chars Only" are casuals leaving the game or is it just me?

Ah, i see. I'm trying to get back to groove calibur again so it kinda shocked when i got back on today i need to get on the game earlier

After taking a 6 month leave from Calibur due to school & failed attempt at anime fighters i was searching for rooms i barely saw any of the usual "Mics Only or Customs Chars Only" are casuals leaving the game or is it just me?
That's the opposite of my experience.

Yeah, I've felt like there have been more casuals (or at least there was a lull then an increase). But, even then, a lot of the newer people I play with online conduct themselves in a nice way and a lot of the people who started with SC5 have gotten better. If anything, I'd say more of the 'vets' don't play as much (but there's still even a good amount of those depending on what you characterize a vet as).

As stated before, I see a lot of casuals online. Though, my interractions with them have been nothing but boots and rage. I don't say anything to them anymore. There are a couple who I see have potential, who've befriended me. But, it seems like more veterans are leaving than casuals.

As stated before, I see a lot of casuals online. Though, my interractions with them have been nothing but boots and rage. I don't say anything to them anymore. There are a couple who I see have potential, who've befriended me. But, it seems like more veterans are leaving than casuals.

I don't really say anything to them at all really because it feels so awkward talking to them especially with a mic i normally have it muted simply for that.

Pretty much this. I tend to keep to myself now when I'm online. People boot me out for no reason and I only have so many CaS characters to use before they get mad at me for not having 50 customs or something. Although Xeph, I remember you joining one of my player rooms and everyone else got upset because you kept stomping us. Eh, they're just mad that you're better.

I do see a lull in the online scene. I can't get as many matches in general, compared to a few months before. It's really empty for me. Although, I still see this one room called "EZIO VS CUSTOM GIRLS" from time to time. At least there's consistency.

Pretty much this. I tend to keep to myself now when I'm online. People boot me out for no reason and I only have so many CaS characters to use before they get mad at me for not having 50 customs or something. Although Xeph, I remember you joining one of my player rooms and everyone else got upset because you kept stomping us. Eh, they're just mad that you're better.

I do see a lull in the online scene. I can't get as many matches in general, compared to a few months before. It's really empty for me. Although, I still see this one room called "EZIO VS CUSTOM GIRLS" from time to time. At least there's consistency.
Yeah. I avoid the CaS only rooms, but I usually get the boot for winning. Which only hinders the their growth as a player, but that doesn't concern me. This is why I rarely play casuals anymore, 90% of the time I'll get a boot.

The game is dying in all aspects gradually over time, it might have had a little spike up when it became available to buy on psn awhile ago.

I don't bother joining rooms with names along the lines of "No ____ or kick", I don't understand the point in not facing the music and trying to learn to fight that specific character. It's usually "No Natsu or kick". Bombs too OP.

Casual? I'm still miffed that word has become short term for "psychically know exactly how I want you to play or leave."

Which fighter did you play exactly? BlazBlue? Accent Core?

Hmm, how would you define a casual vs a pro? Attitude? Skill? Win rate? Number of matches played? Amount of time spent? Watched a tournament live? Entered a tournament? Entered a tournament aiming for 1st prize? Entered a tournament in hopes of earning a living? A mix of the above?

Last edited:
Hmm, how would you define a casual? Attitude? Skill? Win rate? Number of matches played? Amount of time spent? Watched a tournament live? Entered a tournament? Entered a tournament aiming for 1st prize? Entered a tournament in hopes of earning a living? A mix of the above?

A mix of the fisrt four i suppose. Some of them are (Were) nice to me even though i use Vi, Beginner to moderate Skill lv. win ratios i kinda don't have a expected % lastly as far time invested i usually go by CAS number. I thought most High - Tourney lvl player didn't really care for CAS that much though i'm pretty sure i was wrong about the latter

Hmm, how would you define a casual? Attitude? Skill? Win rate? Number of matches played? Amount of time spent? Watched a tournament live? Entered a tournament? Entered a tournament aiming for 1st prize? Entered a tournament in hopes of earning a living? A mix of the above?

A mix of the fisrt four i suppose. Some of them are (Were) nice to me even though i use Vi, Beginner to moderate Skill lv. win ratios i kinda don't have a expected % lastly as far time invested i usually go by CAS number. I thought most High - Tourney lvl player didn't really care for CAS that much though i'm pretty sure i was wrong about the latter

Back