Asta: Crouch Throw Punishment Guide

Chickenwing

[10] Knight
After looking around i've noticed that this guide hasn't been made and it's about time one was made. Anywho, all updates will be made and hopefully corrections will be made as well. This guide is character specific. So please if you've found anything, please post so it can be updated. Here's what i've gotten so far with the people i play with. Of course, the move has to be blocked, just not to misunderstand.

Update: 2/18/2010
updated yoshi to the list and provided the taki bomb clarification

Amy:
2B+K
1A
FC 3A+B, A+B
3B,A (has to be a jumping throw)

Cervantes:
2A+B
1A
2A
1A
2B
WRBB
Run K

Kilik: (his are funny)
22A,A,A
(Note: you don't have to block all 3, you can interrupt the 3 by attempting. Because you can still punish his 22A,A)
236B
214A: Requries a jumping throw, precise timing, i really wouldn't risk it.
2A+K

Lizzy:
Anything from crawl

Ivy:

Yoshi:
FC 1K
FC 3K
DGF K (8B+K, K)
BT 2K
3A+B
FLE A
MED A
REF A

Taki:
1A
Unblockable bomb - it's a free attempt on a jumping crouch throw ONLY

Nightmare:
66A+B
GS
22B also on sieg's but different notation.
Seig
RSHS K

Sieg:
FCA+G_B+G

Voldo:
BS_1A
Anything from Mantis

Setsuka:
11A
1K (could be wrong on the command, someone clarify)

Cervantes.
2A
1A
2B
WRBB
2A+B
Run K

Both Sieg and Night
FCA+B_B+G

Night
66A+B
GS
22B also on sieg's but different notation.
Seig
RSHS K

I notice voldo is listed as anything from mantis, which already covers this I suppose, but MCFT B although it looks like he is standing upright before CT comes out it sometimes will still hit him.

He has a couple other situations where you can CT him when it looks like you shouldnt be able too, 66A+B you can block punish with CT and CR A+B you can whiff punish after ducking it with CT (If you try to standing throw it will go through his face.)

No, taki bombs are very safe. Also she can cancel the recovery from A+B with an A(Although you duck it).

Update 1.4.1: updated yoshi, and specified the Taki bomb(s)

Side note: Taki bombs have to be the jumping throw for the punishment (or answer) for that. The unblockable is a free attempt. However, the normal you'll have to guess and it's not worth guessing.

Sorry for the lack of updates peeps:
I will get some more info updated for you all hopefully today!

Thx for your patience, i've been busy working since i've been assigned to a new project at my jobizzle....

No, taki bombs are very safe. Also she can cancel the recovery from A+B with an A(Although you duck it).

I think if you block the bomb (with Taki also, i.e.) you can punish it with the stun kick. Most people expect the bombs to hit so they don't usually press A - and it's easier just to continue with chain combos after the enemy launches.

I'm fairly certain nothing in the game punishes taki bombs. If the "stun kick" you're referring to is WR K then you're seeing a taki attack afterwards and getting CH(it doesnt stun on NH). No kick asta has should come close to punishing a bomb on block.

Ok...minor update. Taki's single bomb can be punished by a normal crouch throw attempt. Her double bomb is completly safe. So that will be updated when I get to a computer :sc2ast2:

The situation with the Taki bombs like many other lows in the game, is that if you don't immediately block after the bombs are blocked Asta can grab you out of the crouch animation. I have done it in matches before, so that's why I previously thought the bombs where crouch grab punishable.

Nightmare
WRAA6-GS
GS
44B
2A
2B
Counters.

Kilik
Block Punish
3A
2A
Counters
WhileDown A+B
WD A+B K
Asura.
Situation
2K hit WR Anything is Crouch Grabable
2A hit WR A WR B WR K

Cassandra
Block Punish
1A
22/88KK
Jump K
2B
44B The ass move
2A+B

Xianghua
Block Punish
3A
1A
22A
Situation
2K hit WR A
2K hit WR K
3A hit WR A
3A hit WR K

Please confirm, I am known for messing up my notations.

King: i will get to those moves...however you should pm me your number in case i do get confused...

:D

Back