Astaroth and Viola Announced at TGS

• Admin
Tokyo Game Show started today (half a day ago, due to timezones) and already a metric ton of information has been released about various fighting games for the upcoming year. Soul Calibur V is of course no exception with Famitsu getting the details on two new confirmed characters!

The first revealed character is a returning favorite... Astaroth; who if my math is correct, is now 23 years old. The second new character is "Viola"; who attacks with disembodied jewels, very similar to Z.W.E.I. She is working with Z.W.E.I. to accomplish something or another.

PoQ6B5l9eB2d251Bmp61OcT6WD235Pte.jpg LK49njXF7Lquc8NAZc7972fvJ684O89B.jpg stLb8q5LIB95XRU4t37ly7y39lPWxlRG.jpg
uWxMNb11RUWh4D87Fe4bB138YvC9y7Cm.jpg VV8gL4gtuTLKRFNdsMiIAj17Uu22EwYA.jpg WgsTkVVH2U61824F4y5LJ89575lo7O6L.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Here's a Gamepro hands on http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/222915/tgs-2011-soul-calibur-v-hands-on-preview/

The most interesting nugget is that apparently on this build Critical Edges can be countered.
In the demo version, Critical Edge moves could be fired off by moving up and down and pressing the RT button. These new super attacks not only look flashy, they’ll take down a good chunk of your opponent’s health. I’ll admit I was nervous that this could change the game too much, but since these can be countered I believe it could be balanced enough to make things interesting. And if countered, you’ll actually eat the destruction you were hoping to deal out.
Ouch.
I had the pleasure and misfortune of seeing it end up both ways which made the demo room erupt with cheers.

NEWS! :D
another new character!

Astaroth looks great... (i was certain he would be out given that maxi has dropped his revenge fantasy)
cant wait for possible videos in the next couple of days...

Another new information release, another few pictures of an Alexandra beating up Siegfried. Why, Namco?

I really like Astaroth's look this time around. It actually looks menacing. And this "Viola" doesn't look too shabby either - whether she turns out to be Amy's alter-ego or not, I'm very interested.

In the demo version, Critical Edge moves could be fired off by moving up and down and pressing the RT button.

Critical Edge confirmed for teabagging.

I was in the "It's Amy" party until just a minute ago. Upon looking at the picture again, I noticed that that stupid glove claw thing is on her right hand. Wasn't Amy left-handed? Even if she lost her memories, I'm pretty sure her dominant hand wouldn't change.

I hope this means no cut out for Raphael cuz they seem like they don't want any clone characters.

i think because viola is most likely amy,her style will probably be out but instead raphael may get some of her moves
i hope setsuka is revealed soon!
i actually like violas design,but not the glove seems strange to me,but ive always wanted a magical character like that,aslong as her style doesnt end up unfair,like if she fires magical projectiles at you or something it could only be as a BE/CE otherwise i think things like that could get really annoying

edit:i like the claw as a weapon,to avoid possible annoying magic spamming or such things her claw will probably be the main weapon and the orb for special moves
id love her to have some magic moves but maybe if they can be performed normally they will be spammed and/or become annoying

I was in the "It's Amy" party until just a minute ago. Upon looking at the picture again, I noticed that that stupid glove claw thing is on her right hand. Wasn't Amy left-handed? Even if she lost her memories, I'm pretty sure her dominant hand wouldn't change.
that very much depends on what is considered her primary weapon. claw or orb?

I like girls in cloaks, I just wish her dress wouldn't look so much like Amy's SC4 costumes. Does she go to the same hairdresser as Tira? I wonder what her animal theme is?

I like girls in cloaks, I just wish her dress wouldn't look so much like Amy's SC4 costumes. Does she go to the same hairdresser as Tira? I wonder what her animal theme is?
i think it'll be roses again. like amy's. not quite an animal theme, but a theme nonetheless.

I hope that is Amy, just so that I don't have to deal with SC4 Amy's BS again. On a less salty note, is this all we're going to get from TGS?

Here's a Gamepro hands on http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/222915/tgs-2011-soul-calibur-v-hands-on-preview/

The most interesting nugget is that apparently on this build Critical Edges can be countered.

"Countered" could mean a LOT of things to a mainstream gaming journalist. Not sure if they mean another CE could beat it out (supers beating other supers, input during super flash etc) or guard impacted or just a typical use of the game system to avoid and punish them. Like whiffing something and getting punished, they might think of that as "countering" it since in their minds, some moves are flat out "uncounterable" and broken.

EDIT: I just read their explanation of how to actually DO a Critical Edge, which flies in the face of what Tago has told us. Either these are the biggest shortcuts to a 236236 EVER, or Gamepro just flat doesn't know wtf they're talking about, OR Namco has a different style of inputs to one of their earlier builds. You'd have to hope it's not the first one, although he did say it was gonna be easy to do.........

I hope that is Amy, just so that I don't have to deal with SC4 Amy's BS again. On a less salty note, is this all we're going to get from TGS?

i hope more things are revealed too
more info on ivys style
setsuka revealed!
(keep dreaming)that would be amazing for me
i think more things will be revealed soon the things we got now were all in japanese on the site so i dont think it is officialy revealed for us yet,so i can see more to come but it might take awhile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back