Astaroth Vids

nice vids minerva, how did you record?

my 2 cents:

- space more, he seemed to be in your face a lot. 4a, 44a_[a], ab, a+b, 6b, bullrush! these would help you push the opponent towards the edge/wall as well.
- dont spam the unblockables, they were used well for whiff punishment but you also got stepped a lot. you can cancel 44b into WSa for steppers
- 28b+g on sdgf :D
- abuse your RO game, you didnt really capitalise when you got him near the edge
- dont use 22_88b4 unless you know its going to hit, stick with 22_88b instead. it has more pushback, better recovery and more sg damage

you played well though, they were a good watch :)

Yeah I was screwing around with his unblockables that day, seeing if i could catch him with 44b while he unblocked to sidestep it, would never use it so much in a normal match. :p

Strange Bullrush from JasonL vids

Saw what looks like a bull rush or some such but hit low instead of mid, looked like a jf or cancel but no one is talking about it, I want to know how to do it. Saw another Asta vid where the guy does what looks like 22B, 88B in quick succession, quick enough that 88B caught the guy in the air.

First video in
http://www.8wayrun.com/f24/astaroth-vids-t367/

at 20 seconds in

REy

thats the new animation for the bullrush from an 8way run. Its still mid btw...

Actually that's not bullrush, its Hades Rush.
33_99K. Its different from 66K.
Basically he rings you out to the left or right depending on which way you 8wr.

Actually that's not bullrush, its Hades Rush.
33_99K. Its different from 66K.
Basically he rings you out to the left or right depending on which way you 8wr.

.... I KNEW that, i was just waiting to be corrected!

Er.. Yeah ok..

So, that's that! If we wanna get an active discussion going on Hades Rush (At this juncture, I don't see any point to that idea) we might as well get a new thread with a more proper title.
Thread closed.

Some more vids. Beta's nightmare is so bad now that I can fool around and still win. They aren't really even worth posting but I'll do it anyways to piss him off.

Also, any and all random low grabs are failed HCB B+G's. I seem to hit b+g too soon when doing it on the dpad, mainly because I do it to slow, hurts my thumb. I guess I'll eventually have to get an arcade stick and basically releard how to play, but being able to hit that throw whenever i want would increase my game drastically.

i have the SAME problems when im trying to get my HCB command grabs to connect. One thing i noted was after you did his 4[A+B] in the first vid on you second video posting is you going for 22_88B. If they freeze up like he did fearing another 4[A+B] id go for a burial (2A+K) or 2B+K > A+G. If they lay there, they get hit. if they roll without getting up, it tracks, especially 2A+K. i personally go for 2B+K > A+G, this way if they do get up, at least it won't totally whiff like 2A+K would if they get up in time.

Learned this the hard way fighting Beefylovelord and since then have been using it hehe

nice vids minerva, how did you record?

my 2 cents:

- space more, he seemed to be in your face a lot. 4a, 44a_[a], ab, a+b, 6b, bullrush! these would help you push the opponent towards the edge/wall as well.
- dont spam the unblockables, they were used well for whiff punishment but you also got stepped a lot. you can cancel 44b into WSa for steppers
- 28b+g on sdgf :D
- abuse your RO game, you didnt really capitalise when you got him near the edge
- dont use 22_88b4 unless you know its going to hit, stick with 22_88b instead. it has more pushback, better recovery and more sg damage

you played well though, they were a good watch :)

Charging 44B's out at range and playing chicken with em's one of my favorite things, along with the cancels into the various WR moves can really get under a guys skin. 3B's the same way, if you know they're going to block, charge it an instant and then release, if they still block it knocks them a good distance back, if they startle and release block to step, you pop them up for some damage and potential wakeup shenanigans.

Its high risk high reward stuff, but no one feels comfortable having red fire all over the place all match.

hi my first time
post our video in astary soul arena :)

need evaluation and comment to be a better player
pls help :p

THX

good matches. Can't really say much other than he was throwing out some random unsafe moves at times. It's good to see he doesn't rely on 6k, though there were a few moments where it would of come in handy. Also, wall throws! Maybe this is just my playstyle but when I have someone against the wall I bullrush and 6k spam there ass for a wall stun low grab, but that's just me. :p

ok first question is where did you get that head item for asta?!?!

you played pretty good but a few notes anyway just to be critical:
- you can break out of that zas stun (40 seconds into the vid)
- low grab :p
- you get a free 22_88b after 66k, so use that to keep pressure on his SG

i personally would have stayed at a+b range a little more with both sieg and zas and do a bit more SG/damage fishing at range. also as minerva said, asta is a beast near the wall :). nice vids though, i think you used a nice variety of moves.

and again, where did you get that head item for asta?!?! :D

It's from the down loadable content, you get some head pieces like NM, voldo and astroths old head gear from sc2 and such. and yeah, that guy obviously had no exp against zas, cause he was getting ch combo'd out the ass. :p

Thx for the advice guys
really appreciate it :)
I'll extend your advice to our player

I hope he can do better next time

and yes the head is on PSN
1.5 $ If i'm not mistaken LOL

Mike Stampede the best Asta from Dominican Republic:

Tolky vs Mike

Im gonna post more videos from Mike later - Enjoy -

-Stryker-

Back