Astaroth Vids

Hmm that Astaroth player's pretty good. If I was him though, I'd use the 1A more at least as much as he would use the 22B. That way at least you can catch the opponent off guard.

JasonL's style is pushing people out. He would rather push people away with a little bit of damage using 22B, which forces the opponent to come rushing at you again. You keep this up and it can really frustrate a player, especially when you start doing ax slaps from afar. If you're playing someone smart and fast enough they will block the not-so-guaranteed 1A and move right in easily.

'sokay Beefy, few of us do :P To be honest I'm still doing 4G to do low GI x_X I miss SC2 GI style... I have a long way to go before I can link 3G to low GI in my head, making my Asta pithy against anyone who's willing to take a block on my simple strats.

I realized that he wanted to push the opponent away. I do that too, it is just that I sometimes throw in the sweep to confuse the opponent. That way the 22B would also connect sometimes. ... and the push away isn't guaranteed either, since the opponent can roll out of the way.

I'm not saying anything about his skills, because it is obvious it is great. I'm just saying what I would have done in the same situation. :D

Great asta vids! Who did Sarusube win with at the SBO? Asta? Also, i didn't know you can follow up BT B+K with a 2A+G_B+G.

JasonL impacting was well done

Cool vid. Problem on the 4B+K,B,A+G though... They can AC so the grab can miss. I think the 2A+K or 2B+K,A+G is a better follow up.

Is the CH 3A followed by 6B guaranteed stun as well or is this just because the counter setting is enabled here?

The last one is a nice one I didn't think of myself yet. I'm gonna have to incorporate that. So many wall options <3

they can shake out of CH 3A.

there are also better combos from that string...

his strongest was:
CH 3a, 6b, 2B+G = 84 dmg but you can break out of the throw..

better strings imo:
CH 3a, 6b, 22_88K, 22_88B = 82 dmg. cannot be escaped, if they tech after 6b then the combo is stronger and does 117 dmg

another better string:
CH 3a, 6b, 1[a]b = 86 dmg if they stay on the floor, about the same damage if they tech after 6b, except they are also forced to block the B

the wall combos seemed pretty nice though, and also awesome match vids :o

im pretty surprised with all the people using the english voiceovers though, they sound so stupid haha

You know, I just started to use those combos with Astaroth recently. I was gonna come post them and you beat me to it. Lol.

Hmm, i have been thinking of what would be good options for those players that know the stun ( like me ) is breakable and shake out of it. i guess a good low sweep could work but it depends on how good the other person is at blocking that on reaction after breaking the stun. Grabs would sem to work also.

Some would just go for the hit hoping they dont break it in time. Im assuming that can be broken in time to avoid the low throw.

if youre worried about the CH 3a being broken then start the strings from CH 6b instead :)

i would imagine that they would need super fast reflexes to shake out of CH 3a into low grab though

On a quick sidenote, last night me and my homeboy were playing and i gave em' the ole 1,k in the corner ring out on Astaroth's stage. (With the lizard men in the background) But instaed of ringing out, the camera paned around like a normal ring out and his Yoshi screamed in defeat. But he was still just lying there.......But he couldn't move until i went over and hit em' (which took me about 25 seconds between disbelief and laughter) then the match carried on like nothing ever happened.....?

Despite the weirdness, i'm looking at the fact that here could possibly be a nice little HANDCUFF glitch if one were to sit and figure out just exactly how to do it and then burn the clock.

Have you tried simulating it again? Where in the stage were you? Did Yoshi hit the lizardman or not? Do you know what move Yoshi was doing?

A glitch like this could depend on a lot of factors.

On a quick sidenote, last night me and my homeboy were playing and i gave em' the ole 1,k in the corner ring out on Astaroth's stage. (With the lizard men in the background) But instaed of ringing out, the camera paned around like a normal ring out and his Yoshi screamed in defeat. But he was still just lying there.......But he couldn't move until i went over and hit em' (which took me about 25 seconds between disbelief and laughter) then the match carried on like nothing ever happened.....?

Despite the weirdness, i'm looking at the fact that here could possibly be a nice little HANDCUFF glitch if one were to sit and figure out just exactly how to do it and then burn the clock.

That actually happens in sc3 a lot only without the panning around. if the upper part of a characters body falls out the ring it's RO but if their body is still half way on the ring they will lay there and can't move until you knock them out.

I don't really do 1A a whole lot especially against Yoshi and Cass because it just opens up Dragonfly and 22B+K opportunities. If your goal is to push good players back, than your gonna have to stick to 4A, 22B, A+B, 6B, 66A, A,B, 2A and the like. 1A is ok to throw out sometimes especially if you knocked the opponent down and they are getting up at a distance as they will sometimes be forced to block it and wont' be able to GI it. They can still jump depending on what move you know down with but at range it's not gonna mean much. CH fishing with 6B though can be rewarding at people advancing recklessly at mid to long range though as you get 22[K], 22B for half life or you can go for a wide variety of tech traps.

The low into the throw attack throw can give combo with 2A+K but the move is slow and ultra linear and just begged to be stepped and you'll eat launchers for trying. Plus the move on block just messes up your spacing anyway so I wouldn't recommend using that move to much (if at all)

As for the combos, I don't really know many people that don't break DOS stuns well, so I don't tend to think of ch 3A as a combo opportunity as much as I'm at +15

Have you tried simulating it again? Where in the stage were you? Did Yoshi hit the lizardman or not? Do you know what move Yoshi was doing?

A glitch like this could depend on a lot of factors.

Yeah, i remember where exactly.
I lured him towards the upper right hand corner (Between the wall and one of the lizards) and caught em' with the 1,k low sweep. He went about half way out brushing up again the lizardman nearby. And the next thing i knew he was lying there in front of the lizardman doing the KO scream (He even folded in agony like a defeated oppenent) Then the camera stopped panning and we just kinda sat there in disbelief for a second....or 20. Then i ran over and did a simple stomp to see what would happen. He got up after that and we finished the round. (I won :p)

The only thing that i think really makes this noteworthy is the fact the it IS a handcuff giltch. Even if it can't be perfected, (Probably can, probably can't i think it'd be hard either way.) when it does occur it'll give you control of the clock and if you're leading the match, it's so vital. And even if your down, Astaroth is so strong that you can burn out the clock then at the last second do something like 44,:(B): then connect 2,:B:+:K: to :A:+:G: off the auto bounce. And if you're still losing, shame on ya.

Heres a few vids of me and a friend doing some casual matches the other day. Any and all suggestions on improving my game, are appreciated. Yes, He was blocking a hella lot and if i could I would of punished the shit out of it with HCB B+G but I use the ps3 controller and that just kills my thumb. : /

Those are some nice videos there, Minerva, thanks for uploading them. What is the name of the song that you used for the first half of the second video, if I may ask?

I don't really think that I can give you any advice on improving your game, as I'm going to use these videos to try and improve my own, heh. Some howitzers that I like to try and pull off is either :8::(8):/:2::(2):_:(B): , :6::3::2::1::4:_:B:+:G: or :(6)::A::B: followed by a Titan Bomb, the :2::8:_:B:+:G:. That is probably a moot point though, as you likely already know these moves inside out.

Again, cool videos and thanks for sharing.

Back