[Auckland, New Zealand] Flying is over-rated

*flies off the edge*

Silly I didn't know you used to Talim... why don't you give her another go? Seeing as how even I can beat you, surely she's still good enough. :p
hey... just because i have a slow reaction that's compounded by the lag... :p i so want to throw you out of your WC (2_8B+K) but was never fast enough due to lag... just like how i sooo want to throw lovetwins out of her SXS (the just kiddin' stance), but was never able to.
btw, i'd improved since we last met, and i'd got a few more tricks up my sleeves. so i'm ready!
maybe it's because my first experience with her online was so horrible that i don't want to live through that again. -_-
i'm thinking about it. truth be told, i don't think namco changed her moves that much... but somehow the combined changed just pushed her over the edge... i remember back in 2, you can dance circles around the opponent... now... *sigh* she used to be my second favourate just after sophie... now i like tira more.

She still flows like the wind... just not as safely. :D
Damn isnt she like low tier or something? I dont know my tier lists but she ain't no Sophitia or somethin'.
yeah... exactly... as if there are moving, invisible walls around her...

lovetwins abuses teh lag so much >_<
I really want to see if she's just as good offline as she is on.

Oh and I pickd up talim in SC4. I left her alone in two since it was "Tier Whoring", and 3... It gave her a profile... That profile told me that if I played her - I was a pedophile... Even by Japanese standards...
I played X in 2 cause she had a Chinese name and also in 3 cause i mained her in 2.
Then picked Hilde cause I was accused of Tier Whoring........................

lovetwins abuses teh lag so much >_<
I really want to see if she's just as good offline as she is on.
agree... but still, it takes a lot of skill to abuse the lag so well... i have some chance of beating her if the lag is < 0.5 sec... but it rarely is for me...

Oh and I pickd up talim in SC4. I left her alone in two since it was "Tier Whoring", and 3... It gave her a profile... That profile told me that if I played her - I was a pedophile... Even by Japanese standards...
I played X in 2 cause she had a Chinese name and also in 3 cause i mained her in 2.
Then picked Hilde cause I was accused of Tier Whoring........................
...... Tier Whoring indeed. X's 44B can stop anything, and that's without VC. i'd been able to use X relatively well since 2, even though she was never one of my true mains. but it seems you're quite good at picking high-tier for your main, first talim then xianghua now hilde...

i can see why people consider hilde as high tier, but she doesn't have much else once her charge attacks gets stopped.

Also, can someone test this for me if you main or use amy? when you're against hilde offline and see the charge attack flash, use the flick aGI (B+K, i think). it should be able to stop most of the charge attacks, esp if the hilde is too predictable in her charge release. i only have my brother as offline competition and he could do that to me until i stopped using charge so much. so i was wondering if it's just me, or can it be used against all hildes that overuse charge attacks.

All of hildes standing charges are mids so yes aGI is not a bad option. B+K has a good window, so its resonable. LG can answer this as he did in this matchup with Runis:

All of hildes standing charges are mids so yes aGI is not a bad option. B+K has a good window, so its resonable. LG can answer this as he did in this matchup with Runis:

-_- yeah... all that GI reminded me of me using hilde against my brother's amy before i re-adjusted (yet again) my hilde's fight style... thanks!

What makes Amy's aGI different from most aGI's is that it's actually a stance with aGI properties, so even if you don't catch your opponent's attack, your attack can still come out. Even better, her two best attacks out of B+K are B+K B and B+K K, both of which are decent on block and hit. So even if your opponent tries to fake you out by making you whiff the B+K aGI, you can still catch them, or at least force a block, using B+K B or B+K K.

And yeah... the window is huge. A+B is a bit harder to time though, but it offers even better damage than B+K.

The whole point of using B+K against Hilde is to let the Hilde player know that you can catch their charges. If they stop throwing charge moves, this match becomes much easier for Amy, because her pokes and basics are better than Hilde's, once you take away her charge moves.

i think ive played around 3 players from NZ. sillycat is one, ill try to look through my list and see if i can find the others (i add to many people and my list is huge...)

Hi kaomech!! i remember you. and remember you are one of the people my connection isn't that compatable with.... still haven't figure out why that is.... i blame my ISP. maybe i should try re-routing my DNS...

Hey you guys, just informing you abou the BAM! national tournament for Soul Calibur and other games. It will take place in Melbourne on October around the 10th to 11th. Come down and meet some people and have some fun.

hi Engared, thanks for the notice, but as i posted on the Sydney board, i'll be quite busy with uni stuff around that time. i have 2 assignments due around that time.

hi Engared, thanks for the notice, but as i posted on the Sydney board, i'll be quite busy with uni stuff around that time. i have 2 assignments due around that time.

Pfft i do too. Work before hand, this event only happens once a year. No excuse, i expect to see you there :) Either that or you have to come down for the november ranbat. Choose carefully :)

Sillycat we managed to play eachother once! Get your ass over here for some matches son! Engareds absolutely right ;)

Pfft i do too. Work before hand, this event only happens once a year. No excuse, i expect to see you there :) Either that or you have to come down for the november ranbat. Choose carefully :)

erh... work before hand?? what a foreign idea... (j/k semi-seriously). it would work before, but my papers this semester is very disorganised. for one of the paper, we were told that one assignment is due around that time, but nothing's being set.... we are going to talk about it next week -_-|||

anyway, i'll see what happens in November. i think exams are finished by then.

oh, hi endnow! i remember it was only for one match and i have to go off... and then we could never connect again.... it's a shame too. i need more practice against seig.

So... what will you do, can you make it over here?

i would love to, but not for the October one. i'll try for the novemember one, but i don't really want to go just for the tourny. (jokingly) i'm poor, so if i do go, i'd want to plan a holiday around it. Just tell me when as soon as you can and i'll try to organise something. i'm also trying to apply for some jobs over there using Seek, so if everything goes well and i'm lucky enough to get a job, i'll be able to attend regularly.

Wow. I think sillycat is still around haha. Might have to wait for a reply though. Reignite that flame guys :P

Back