[Aug 1, 2014] EBO 2014 (East Brandenburg Open) - We are back! (Wriezen, Brandenburg)

Kalas

[13] Hero
Or rather the GODs are back and the German players along with them. :)

Yes, after a one year break, the GODs decided to organise this fantastic event again this summer!

The EBO is basically the German Nationals, but we will gladly welcome anyone from around the world who wants to join! Last time in 2012 we had players from England, France, the Netherlands, Austria, Poland and Singapore.

E.B.O. 2012-1.jpg

Let me give you some basic information about the event first:

Date: 01.08.14-03.08.14

Place: Wriezen (close to Berlin, trains go directly from Berlin to Wriezen)

The date is already set and cannot be changed. Due to different reasons, the old location won't be accessible for us this time, but we will hold the event in another location similar to the old one in terms of space and equipment.

The EBO is a Soul-Calibur-Only-Tournament which means there are no other tournaments than SC (yeah...). It is possible to play other games, but everyone who wants to play SC5 has priority over everything else! And well, I guess many people wanna play casuals or MM anyway when there's no tournament going on.
It's just an awesome event by itself and we've had absolutely great tournaments and fun in the past!

Tournament Rules:
  • Definitely a 3vs3 and a solo, more infomation coming soon!

I will constantly update the following list, so you all know who to expect.

Participants:

registered (30 von 50)

planeten-0294.gif

• Cloud
  • G.O.D.waffel
  • G.O.D.Mistmöhre
  • Kalas
  • petite carotte
  • 2nd Face
  • Phils3r
  • Dark Slayer
  • M-J
  • Antaiseito
  • Irate_Notebook
  • Sacharja
  • _Maxi_
  • PB*Neo4Life
  • PB*Adamas
  • Grim
  • Fleshmasher
  • Rome
  • PB*Kappa
  • Jag the Gemini

flagge-0319.gif

• rudeb0y
  • Hyrul

russland-fahne-016-wehend-animiert-transparent-060x079_flaggenbilder.de.gif

• Rufus
  • GreenLeo
  • Belial

flagge-0449.gif

• Pantocrator
  • GOLD Rock
  • malek
  • Deus Kaliya
  • Dranakal

pre-registered (21+1)

Germany (8)

Chazy
Vigo
Drunkenhorn
Ryuga
Nu Maek
ARESone
LeLLe FosT
JonnydeTrumic

France (7):

Lifes
Lopez
Keysona
Chiyo
Rosa
yorumy zaraki
GOLD ShaD

Netherlands (1):

WhYYZ

Russia (1):

Takin

England (2):

WolfLoneThe
HolyCarp

Italy (2+1):

Rikimaru + Freundin
Darth Seppius

Fees/Conditions of participation:
  • If you are interested, let us know here or on www.ger-calibur.de! You won't be completely registered, before you paid the entry fee. The entry fee will be 23,23€ this year.
  • This money will cover breakfast, lunch (for Saturday and Sunday), the German barbecue in the evenings and your entry in all tournaments.
  • If you pay, but are unable to make it in the end, you will not get the money back. It'll be used for the food and the rent.
  • The fee does NOT include the pension and drinks.
  • You can still pay in person on the 1st of August, but it'll be 29,29€ then.
  • If you want to bring your non-participating girlfriend/boyfriend/grandma/whoever, he/she has to pay 23,23€ (or 29,29€ in person) provided that you stay in the hotel! The GODs want to guarantee as much space as possible for the players at the venue. Touching a pad for 10 minutes does not count as participation. :)
  • Ring - as the former champion - will get the entry for free. Just like all the champions before and after him.

How to pay:
  • via IBAN or Paypal, ask me here for contact information
Where to stay:
You can stay at the venue and sleep there. Not the most comfortable thing in the world, but this possibility is open to everyone and is automatically included in the fee!
There is also a possibility to stay in a pension nearby. Information about the prices and reservation will come soon.

How to get to Wriezen:
The best thing for foreigners would be to take the plane to Berlin and then the train from Berlin to Wriezen. Do not hesitate to ask for help, many of us will be in the same train, you don't have to go all by yourself.

Where to stay:
There are two pensions nearby which are available to us for EBO. If you're interested let me know here or on ger-calibur. You send the money to the GODs just like the money for the registration. The GODs will reserve the room for you at the pension. They offer this service for you until 8 weeks before the EBO (so until the beginning of June). After that you'll have to stay at the venue or take care of your accommodation for yourself.

Pension 1 " Zur Feldklause" ----> 20 € per person per night
  • 1 single room (already booked)
  • 1 double room (Natsuko Twilight preregistered)
  • 1 double room (both still free)
  • 1 triple room (free)

Pension 2 "Drescher" ----> 15€ per person per night
  • 1 single room (Dropical preregistered)
  • 1 double room (free)
  • 1 double room (free)
  • 1 double room (free)
  • 1 triple room (free)

Please note that the place (Wriezen) is a small town which doesn't have huge amounts of hotels or pension.
So if you know you will come and you know you don't want to sleep on a couch or an air mettress at the venue, I suggest you to book ASAP!

There are still tons of information coming in the next weeks, but it's still 5 months until August so we can prepare, train, speculate and hype for EBO!

I hope you're hyped! Everyone who has already been here knows how great and unique this tournament is! =)

I expect to see many old and new faces! =)

Ask Malek, Hyrul, Keev, Ring, Silent Joel,... you will not regret it.

Cheers, Kalas

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested and I know at least a +1 that's interested as well.
The netherlands will hopefully do better this time. (And wouldn't be 1 person only I guess >.<)

*Awaits the pension information*

And 1st post!

Updates and changes:

• If you want to bring your non-participating girlfriend/boyfriend/grandma/whoever, he/she has to pay 23,23€ (or 29,29€ in person) provided that you stay in the hotel! The GODs want to guarantee as much space as possible for the players at the venue.

The following players have been added to "interested":

• WhYYZ
  • GOLD Rock
  • Deus Kaliya
  • Lifes
  • Lopes
  • Sazayel
  • Keysona
  • Belial
  • WolfLoneThe

Unfortunately docvizzo will not make it due to personal reasons. :(

Just to clarify. I am almost guaranteed to get to Germany on 2nd August, but I might be too late for the tournament itself. Anyway I will come and can play moneymatches. I will see what can be done to arrive earlier. I asked orgs to move SCV in schedule to sunday, so I could play, but I guess its not happening. Right now chances I will make it on time are not very high.

Update:

Added to registered:
  • G.O.D.Mistmöhre
  • Hyrul (UK)

Added to interested:
  • 2ndFace (Ger)
  • Herr Falkenhorst (Ger)
  • Ryuga (Ger)
  • Chiyo (Fr)
  • Pantocrator (Fr)
  • Rikimaru + girlfriend (Ita)

Just to clarify. I am almost guaranteed to get to Germany on 2nd August, but I might be too late for the tournament itself. Anyway I will come and can play moneymatches. I will see what can be done to arrive earlier. I asked orgs to move SCV in schedule to sunday, so I could play, but I guess its not happening. Right now chances I will make it on time are not very high.

I can tell you from the organisers that the Solo tournament will definitely start on saturday (2nd). In past EBOs we always played the whole Solo on saturday, because many players will have to leave in the early afternoon on sunday because of work.
When do you expect to be in Berlin on 2nd August? We might be able to delay it a little, but most of the Solo (if not everything) will be played on saturday.

Last edited:
Mmmh, alright, Kalas.
Could you please add me in the interested list ?

omg , slowly but surely i'm afraid that i not even survive the preliminaries, haha :D

but cool that you will join maybe!

Just to clarify, Mistmoehre, I use mostly the nickname Rosa, a shortcut for my first name Rosana.
So, if it's not too much trouble for you, could you put Rosa instead of Mayu ? Otherwise, some players will be confused haha. Thank you !

Important information concerning the rules of the tournament:

• Viola will be banned from Solo and 3vs3.

This decision has been made by the whole community.
The positive feedback from many (if not all) players about this ban at EBO 2012 confirmed our resolution.

Important information concerning the rules of the tournament:

• Viola will be banned from Solo and 3vs3.

This decision has been made by the whole community.
The positive feedback from many (if not all) players about this ban at EBO 2012 confirmed our resolution.

You proved my point

Update

Added to registered
  • Kalas
  • petite carotte

Added to preregistered
  • Fleshmasher (Ger)
  • Nu Maek (Ger)

Important info concerning the pensions:
There are two pensions nearby which are available to us for EBO. If you're interested let me know here or on ger-calibur. You send the money to the GODs just like the money for the registration. The GODs will reserve the room for you at the pension. They offer this service for you until 8 weeks before the EBO (so until the beginning of June). After that you'll have to stay at the venue or take care of your accommodation for yourself.

Pension 1 " Zur Feldklause" ----> 20 € per person per night
  • 1 single room (already booked)
  • 1 double room (Natsuko Twilight preregistered)
  • 1 double room (both still free)
  • 1 triple room (free)

Pension 2 "Drescher" ----> 15€ per person per night
  • 1 single room (Dropical preregistered)
  • 1 double room (free)
  • 1 double room (free)
  • 1 double room (free)
  • 1 triple room (free)

Please note that the place (Wriezen) is a small town which doesn't have huge amounts of hotels or pension.
So if you know you will come and you know you don't want to sleep on a couch or an air mettress at the venue, I suggest you to book ASAP!
Info will be added in the first post.

Cheers

Update

Added to preregistered
  • Takin (RUS)
  • Padeln (SWE)

First time someone from Scandinavia wants to come, nice. :)

Can anyone tell me why I can't edit my first post in this thread anymore?

Back