[Aug 24, 2012] MLG Summer Championship (MK9, SC V) (Raleigh, NC)

MLGDeimos

[09] Warrior
raliegh-championship-circuit.jpg
PLAYER PASSES ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR MORTAL KOMBAT AND SOUL CALIBUR V. THEY CAN BE PURCHASED BY GOING TO THE MLG STORE.

Venue:
Venue/Tournament Location: Raleigh Convention Center: 500 South Salisbury Street; Raleigh NC 27601

Hotel Locations:
Raleigh Marriott City Center: 500 Fayetteville Street; Raleigh NC 27601
  • Rates: $135 single/double/triple/quad
  • Reservations: You can reserve by calling 888.236.2427 (code = MLG)
  • Distance from Venue: Hotel is across from convention center
  • Reservation Deadline: July 31, 2012
Sheraton Raleigh: 421 S Salisbury Street; Raleigh, NC 27601
  • Rates: $145 single/double/triple/quad
  • Reservations: You can reserve by calling 800-325-3535 (code = MLG)
  • Reservation Deadline: August 3, 2012
It is not mandatory to stay in these hotels. If you'd like to do a price comparison to find the cheapest hotel, I would suggest to use Google Search, using the address of the Raleigh Convention Center: which is 500 South Salisbury Street; Raleigh NC 27601 to find the hotels closest to the venue.

Schedule:

Event Format:
Bracket Format & Seeding

1. The Event will support as many as 128 Players.
2. The Event will consist of two Double Elimination Brackets and a Final Match.
3. Each Double Elimination Bracket will have its own Winners Bracket and Losers Bracket. After losing a Match in a Winners Bracket, Players will enter the corresponding Losers Bracket. A Match loss in a Losers Bracket will result in elimination from the Event.
4. Players will be seeded based on MLG Rank. Ties will be broken randomly. Players without an MLG Rank will be seeded randomly.

Match Format

1. All Games will be Best of 5 Rounds.
2. All Matches, except for the Final Match, will be Best of 5 Games, unless the Players have already played each other in the Event.
3. If Players are scheduled to play each other for a 2nd time in the Event, their Match will expand to a Best of 11, include the previous Match, and pick up where that Match left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 Games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and Player A leading 3 Games to 0.
4. If the Players scheduled to play each other in either of the Semifinal Matches have not yet played against each other in the Event, an initial Best of 5 Games Match must be played. If the Player who came from the Winners Bracket wins the initial Match, they will advance to the Final. If the Player who came from the Losers Bracket wins the initial Match, the Match will expand to a Best of 11, include the initial Match, and pick up where that Match left off. For example, if the Losers Bracket Player beat the Winners Bracket Player 3 Games to 0 in the initial Match, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and the Losers Bracket Player leading 3 Games to 0. The winner of a Semifinal Best of 11 will advance to the Final.
5. The Final Match will be Best of 7 Games, between the winners of the Semifinal Matches. The winner of the Final Match will win the Event.

Registration

1. Online Registration for the Event will open at 7 PM EDT on Monday, July 16th for Gold Members and at 7 PM EDT on Tuesday, July 17th for all other Players.
2. Online Registration for the Event will close at 11:59 PM EDT on Monday, August 20th.
3. If there is an open spot(s) in the Event, passes may be sold at Check-In.
4. After obtaining a Player Pass, all Players must use Team Builder (http://team-builder.majorleaguegaming.com/) in order to complete their Registration, including accepting the 2012 Pro Circuit Official Rules.
5. Unused Player Passes may not be kept as a Credit and later used in the purchase of a future Event Pass.

Player Pass Prices

1. Spring Championship Soul Calibur V (SCV) / Mortal Kombat (MK) Player Pass = $50
2. Spring Championship Mortal Kombat (MK) & SCV Player Passes = $70
3. Gold Members will receive a $10 discount when purchasing one of the above items, Online or at Check-In.
4. The Check-In price for Event Passes will be $10 higher, unless Online Registration for that particular Event(s) sold out prior to 11:59 PM EDT on Monday, August 20th.

Event Rules:

Prizes:
Prizes for both Mortal Kombat, and Soul Calibur V will be as follows:
1st = $6,000
2nd = $3,600
3rd = $2,000
3rd = $2,000
5th = $1,000
5th = $1,000
7th = $550
7th = $550

Another hotel has been added:
Sheraton Raleigh: 421 S Salisbury Street; Raleigh, NC 27601
  • Rates: $145 single/double/triple/quad
  • Reservations: You can reserve by calling 800-325-3535 (code = MLG)
  • Reservation Deadline: August 3, 2012

I'm looking to purchase my plane ticket soon, but I have a question regarding the event schedule.

I believe it's been posted elsewhere that unlike Columbus and Anaheim, SCV at Raleigh will be on Friday and Saturday only.

So is it safe for someone who is only competing in SCV to arrive in Raleigh on Thursday and leave on Saturday night? Or is there anything happening on Sunday aside from the MK9 finals that an SCV player might want to be there for?

why is the event scheduled for 3 days? What can possibly happen during a time so long? I was considering going but its really a matter of dates for me, as we're having major in russia at the same time.

OOOH, I read your previous post wrong "Chicago is coming 4 deep."

But nice, Haven't seen Damien since FSAK. Get hype.

I would just like to put the offer out there, that any international players (i.e. Singapore, Japan, Russia, or France) that make it to this event will be able to room with me free of charge. Just let me know if you're interested.

I would just like to put the offer out there, that any international players (i.e. Singapore, Japan, Russia, or France) that make it to this event will be able to room with me free of charge. Just let me know if you're interested.
Does Canada count as international? :P

I thought you were planning to make it out to Summer Jam instead?

Back