[Aug 24, 2012] MLG Summer Championship (MK9, SC V) (Raleigh, NC)

what. 18 people seriously? Im going to fly 30 hours to play 18 people? This is sad america, this is very very sad :(

Omar: don't go!

Flight been done purchased. MLG Pass just purchased- see ya'll in less than a week.

what. 18 people seriously? Im going to fly 30 hours to play 18 people? This is sad america, this is very very sad :(

Lol hell no. All you have to do is win 2 times just to be in the money (KOF had 25 or so at Colombus and I heard you only had to win twice to make top 8). You'll make back what you payed easy, or most of it anyway. Free money!

I know at least 4 top contenders who didnt pre-register.
Also Yuan dont worry, I think outside of tournament we will definitely get freeplay and most of the very best players will be there. So more people would only mean less freeplay for us.

I wonder why such a low attendance though. Is it because Raleigh is a bitch to get to? OR is this too close to EVO so people haven't recovered yet?

havent registered yet, probably gonna get on it tonight. we are bringing 6 players from florida, not sure who is signed up and who isnt yet, but we'll be there.

I'd like to say a lot of people are just thinking of registering at the door, Raleigh doesn't have volcanoes to traverse around or anything, its a nice place.

ShenYuan,
You are like the 17th person in the tournament and now the bracket is awkward.
Can you just not go to this MLG so that we can have an even 16 man bracket and finish the tournament in 15 minutes on Saturday?

I wonder why such a low attendance though. Is it because Raleigh is a bitch to get to? OR is this too close to EVO so people haven't recovered yet?

Well well well, we have a close to 64 Man bracket in Germany the same weekend. But i wont be there lol. Just sayin :) Next time visit us. You wont get free money but we have BBQ everyday!

NC barbeque>germany barbeque.

its all about the vinegar based mustard sauce. if anyone is down to go pig out on some ribs with me i'm game.

By the grace of god my Friday class was cancelled and I may in fact be able to attend this tournament.

Does anyone have some extra space to split their hotel room with me if I am able to make it?

Does anyone know when the brackets go up? I wanna see who will be the first to get sent to losers by a Leixia. :sc5lei1:

By the grace of god my Friday class was cancelled and I may in fact be able to attend this tournament.

Does anyone have some extra space to split their hotel room with me if I am able to make it?

I probably will. I'm planning to arrive early Thursday. Just keep me updated.

Also are people allowed to Register at the door on Friday?

Okay, I wasn't able to register online due to a lack of funds so yeah I wanna ask also, can we register at the door Thursday or Friday? Secondly for those that don't know, there are no shuttle buses to the hotels from the airport and I was told the only real way to get there is a $35-$40 cab ride. So is anyone getting to the airport between 9a.m.-noon? I was thinking we can split the cab instead of all having to pay that separately. I'm actually arriving around 9:30 but I'd be willing to wait until noon to save a little money.

Either way people should post here about what time they're arriving so people can save money collectively.

Im pretty sure theere are shuttle bus, i used the cab though (rich bastard) but still i asked around and ppl told me there are buses to raleigh. Hotels are very center doest seem to be a huge city at all more like a village . U should be fine as l ong as you speak english if you cant find hotels welll... The battle starts before the tournament itself . An ultimate test of deduction and intellect , challenge the gautntlet of raleight to reach your hotel or perish as one of nameless hobos never makin it to mlg

Back