[Aug 26, 2011] GVN Summer Jam V (Philadelphia, PA)

lol, I'll just wait for Canadians and Americans to destroy each other and bring back the victory to Mexico!!!
This is my third tournament, so la tercera es la vencida.
Or it could be three strikes and your out. I hope not though. Wouldn't wanna see the number 1 yoshi leave. Well number 1 for now. I've seen a couple of guys doing some shit with him that is just nasty. I won't say who though...

Or it could be three strikes and your out. I hope not though. Wouldn't wanna see the number 1 yoshi leave. Well number 1 for now. I've seen a couple of guys doing some shit with him that is just nasty. I won't say who though...

Well, I haven't won any tournament outside Mexico, and Woahhzz have won a tournament with Yoshi, I guess I'm like the "jogo bonito", I could concentrate and be more effective with simple stuff, but that's not me, I'm flashy.

Everyone tells me that there's a guy that's better than me with Yoshi on XBL, but I've never faced him, hope this time is not like when I changed my gamertag, lol, and everyone told me that I was better than lolo.

The biggest surprise is going to be LP taking the whole thing in convincing fashion...but I digress.

Okay I'm hearing some confusion from a couple of people. So just to clarify, those who I am helping out with the rooms on the day you get there, I will need to go up with you to the front desk and have them slide your credit/debit card so all charges that come from your room go to you. I have to do it this way because the last time I did this they took the full price charges for all the rooms plus deposit out of my account for a fairly long period of time. I will not be able to afford that this time.

Also I am helping with a discount, not paying for the room myself. I did that for the Frenchies, DocVizzo and lolo last time on my own but my money isn't looking right right now. I know most of you understand this but I was told earlier that someone was confused and thought I was paying for them and their crew to stay and as much as I'd like to help out in that way I don't have the funds for it. I was lucky to get the ticket just to make it out there this time.

Sorry if this isn't the right place but it seems that all the people that I've spoken to come to this thread so I've spelled it out as clearly as I can for them and there will be no confusion.

Now back to the shit talk. LP with his I'm gonna win everything blah blah blah, Eli with his candiens rape polar bears ergo we are tougher than Americans and we will win blah blah blah. Fuck this game is gonna put me in the poor house! But I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I'm gonna be flying in on Thursday, the 25th. Now I only made the reservations for Friday the 26th, through Monday the 29th. So I'm gonna have to figure something out for the 1st night. I may call and see if I can get one of the rooms a day earlier.

Cool. I'm guessing we're driving up Thursday morning so we'll probably get there that night. Guess we may be sleeping in the car. Luckily, I'm used to it from the long ass drives I took while in th Army

If I get the room for that night ain't no reason for y'all to stay in the car. I don't think anyone's gonna be there until Friday anyway. So you know I got y'all. I gotta do something nice for Chi-town before the face raping y'all gonna recieve and all the money I'm gonna get from all our little wagers.

funny-poster-Faith.jpg

Okay I'm hearing some confusion from a couple of people. So just to clarify, those who I am helping out with the rooms on the day you get there, I will need to go up with you to the front desk and have them slide your credit/debit card so all charges that come from your room go to you. I have to do it this way because the last time I did this they took the full price charges for all the rooms plus deposit out of my account for a fairly long period of time. I will not be able to afford that this time.

No problem there Juan, I'll be checking in on Friday.

As far as Thursday goes, my workplace is right around the corner from the Sheraton. Once I get finished at 10pm, I'll swing on by and pay a visit to you and whoever else is there. We can get some early games in that way. I'm assuming you guys will still be awake by then, right?

Yeah bruh, that'll be fine. We'll definitely be up by then as it will only be like 7 in the evening for me. We can get some Popeyes or something. That way I won't be so hungry for that chicken and make Malice spend all his money.

OH GOD that's just sexy! You really wanna MM a fat man for a big ole box of delicious golden pieces straight from heaven? All power to you bruh. I just hate the thought of putting another veteran out on the street. I am a patriot you know?

i'm a little late and out of place in the discussion, but why on earth would you consider holding teams before singles?

a: do teams after so those only interested in singles can leave and get their drink on.
b: do teams after because odds are you will finish up singles and have hella time to burn at casual stations anyway in between singles and singles-finals.
c: do you really want a team tournament where half of everybody is sandbagging?
d: there is always a chance of power outage, flood, rapture etc. you want to get singles done clean as quickly and early as possible to accommodate people leaving early and the possibility of nuclear holocaust.

i'm a little late and out of place in the discussion, but why on earth would you consider holding teams before singles?

a: do teams after so those only interested in singles can leave and get their drink on.
b: do teams after because odds are you will finish up singles and have hella time to burn at casual stations anyway in between singles and singles-finals.
c: do you really want a team tournament where half of everybody is sandbagging?
d: there is always a chance of power outage, flood, rapture etc. you want to get singles done clean as quickly and early as possible to accommodate people leaving early and the possibility of nuclear holocaust.
Thank you and thank you...Lobo for President!

Back