Banes: The Three Faces

Marginal

Chikara Sashimi
With shaking hands, the broken man held on the shot glass is if it was the only thing holding him to the earth.

"That bitch!"

The bartender, trained in detecting domestic abuse cases perked up. "Trouble buddy?"

"My ex. Turned out she had more than one face."

"She wasn't what she seemed? It happens pal. Plenty more of those in the sea."

The man blanched and his whiskey slopped. "Oh God!" He downed the drink. "I need more. I can't stand the thought of anyone else like... Like that!"

"She couldn't have been that bad."

"It was worse!" he said while wiping his brow.

"I thought she looked... Familiar you know? That was why I hit on her in the first place."

"What of it?"

"She kept holding me off. She said it had to be 'special'. Even when she relented in the back seat, she insisted that things only happen in the dark. Said it was her kink."

The ruin of a man shuddered. He signaled for another drink, his replacement still untouched.

"The one night, a passing headlight hit her full on revealing her to me in full..." He trailed off.

"Well, what?" The bartender asked.

"She... I thought I was hallucinating, so I took a picture."

The bartender looked at the image of a naked woman with a man's face with two more of the same face sprouting where her beasts should've been, and scoffed. "That has to be a photoshop."

"Then her tit said "What's up dude?" while the other laughed like a heynea!"

"Come on man. That can't be real."

"I left her there in my car, I didn't care. I had to get away."

"When was this?"

"Last night. I've been binging ever since trying to kill the worst part, but it's still there! Clear as day!"

"What?"

The man shuddered. "There was a fourth voice..."

Last edited:
Back