Battle Fantasia

mikosu

Goderator of pink hearts
Old thread was closed. So does anyone have this? I need a Watson combro list. He's so adorable :3

The game is available in America for 360 as a normal game and as a PSN download. I downloaded the PS3 version for 19.99. I'd say it's well worth the price. Great training mode, amusing story mode, and good netplay (though not many people are on...)

Using Deathbringer and Marco

some match vids...

deathbringa vs marco

deathbringa vs watson (cheap bunny stuff)

watson vs deathbringa

Ashlay vs watson

Yeah, I'm enjoying this game greatly. Too bad it wasn't really picked up. Rock Coyori all day. Want to pick up someone else though. Granted, I still don't really know what I'm doing.

Yeah I had same problem Impending Doom.

characters have a certain amount of HP points and they vary greatly between characters. don't be too scared if your character has low HP though because the characters with low HP also have the highest defense (they take lower damage points). when health is below 50% the character's defense value will steadily increase (for example if very low on life they may only take about 70% normal damage from an attack compared to the damage they would take if hit at full life)

Basic system stuff:

buttons are ABCD G
A and B are weak attacks, C and D are strong attacks
G is "gatchi" basically works like a parry (this is R1 by default on PS3)

Gatchi (parry/GI of sorts):
gatchi is like GI in that it has whiff animation. however, if successful you will recover instantly and can retaliate with normals or specials. you can string parry by pressing it properly timed to each hit of the opponent attack

gatchi drive is a parry into an attack. This is done with 6G (highs) or 3G (lows). you will automatically counterattack with wallbounce/stun type attack. After the parry and can get combos. This is only good against single hit moves because multi hit stuff will stuff your counterattack

lastly, note that there is no air block in this game but you can air gatchi

Training mode:
> enemy settings > auto attack > D attack (for example). set this then use gatchi and the opponent will read your input so you can parry them. great for practicing gatchi stuff. record feature also

Other System mechanic notes
- heat mode is done by pressing A+C or B+D. this gives various powerups depending on the character and takes one super stock
- throws are breakable but good. done with A+B
- you can tech after some things by pressing G right before hitting the ground
- you can superjump with 28
- dashes cannot be canceled with jumps or attacks, they are sorta like SF4 dashes (meaning that they kinda suck)
- backdash does not have invulnerability frames (may avoid lows though, I haven't checked)

Wow, I didn't know you could download this game on the PSN! I might have to do that, how is Coyori?

came out on the 22nd so it's pretty new (for PSN at least). Coyori is 4th best or so according to the lists I saw on dustloop. Supposedly the game is well balanced as long as you play on consumer mode (which is default)

whats so good about this game?

made by arc systems, cheap to buy, great mode selection, solid fighting, good netplay

As long as you don't mind the graphics being odd looking and the game playing like an "old school" fighter (i.e. no double jumps or airdashes) this is a steal at $19.99.

I'll put it this way, if you burned $60 on SFIV, if should be a crime that you don't buy this game for a mere $20. This game was SFIV before SFIV even became SFIV. Reason it never got much rep was because ArcSys didn't put much effort into advertising as their big next project was BB.

Battle Fantasia is a different style of game from GG and BB in which it's reliant heavily on basics like footsies and spacing. It's not a hyper fighter like GG or BB so it's gameplay pace is much more comparable to "old school" fighters, or SFIV.

came out on the 22nd so it's pretty new (for PSN at least). Coyori is 4th best or so according to the lists I saw on dustloop. Supposedly the game is well balanced as long as you play on consumer mode (which is default)

4th best eh? Not too shabby! how about Olivia?

I picked this up on PSN yesterday. Yet to really sit down and play it.

Messed in the practice mode for a few mins with Face.

Those Watson matches were great. The first one looked like he got outplayed though. These matches did show me 2 things: All characters have crossup capability and Cedric is ridiculous.

One of the Watson players is named Tomono....which is the name of a really good Hokuto no Ken player. He's also using a similar black+yellow color scheme just like he did with his character in that game. I bet it's him...

Yuck, I can see what you mean about wanting to battle her...

fantasia-barrino.jpg

/terriblejoke

So I just now finally sat down with the game and am gonna do a quick to be continued writeup about Watson from my day 1.

Overheads
6A - Only standing overhead
j.B - No range but is a good way of coming in aggressively, the lower it's done the better
j.2B - Cancels into anything on hit
j.D
j.236B/D - Crossup potential

Lows
2A - Gatlings into itself and 2B
2B - Cancels into 236A/C and 236B/D
2D - Only KND low

Combos
2A, 2A, 2B
2A, 2A, 2D
5C, 5D
(j.C \/) 5A, 5B, 2C, j.D, j.2B, j.C - BnB for LVing

-End air combos differently depending upon what you want. j.A/B for a crossunder depending on your height. j.C for LVing. j.214D for untechable KND and most dmg.
-His dash can be cancelled into jump.
-Focus on LVing up first to make the moves that require it actually useful.
-5C and j.C are his best range pokes.
-LV 3 236A and C are tempting to gatchi so take advantage of this by rushing in ahead of or behind the projectiles to make them reconsider.

Back