Bayonetta: "Yo Dante, take five!"

So, a demo of this became available on the Japanese PSN Store. I decided to check it out and wow, this game is mad fun.

TBH when I first saw it announced, I yelled "shitty DMC clone" but after scoping this demo and realizing one of the main minds behind the game worked on the first(and greatest) Devil May Cry. It made more sense.

Most of the text in the demo is japanese, so I dunno wtf does what yet. But I got the basics down and I really like what I've played thus far. This bitch has a shitton of off the wall over the top style that kinda makes Dante, Nero, and friends look stale in comparison(My opinion anyway).

Also, Sonic's rings make a cameo as a collectable item (tons of them too). I smashed one of the vases and I felt like I just punched Sonic for his shitty games over the last few years thats how many golden rings exploded on to the scene. LOL.

Yeah, I just got hype. Anyone else?

I else. I knew the demo would be released on the 8th so I waited patiently even tho at first, like you I had mixed views on the game not only being a DMC clone (like everyone says) but also the main character (or most chars) felt cheesy and lame. But after all the info and vids that reached the surface at E3 and TGS I became hyped and waited for the demo which I tried an hour ago. What can I say bout it? Well the graphics don't shine like NGS2, and the framerate isn't as sharp but fuck those complaints I see on everywhere. The game is really wacky crazy fun, the visual art style is gorgeous, the music is sexy, the battles are stylish and the game is really fun and that's the best reason to buy a game, eh?

edit: I finished the normal mode but if someone tried the easy (automatic) please share if the buttons are mapped the same or if you can do the same combos the same way...

yeah this game is hella fun

cant wait for the real game..........

the epic boss battle with the blonde chick was the best part of the demo

i dont know her name cause i skipped all the cinemas

I don't trust Famitsu scores anymore... It's WELL KNOWN that Famitsu is purposely giving higher scores to games due to publisher pressure. Hell, even HAZE (that fuckshit of a game) got a 38/40... and we know how much that game sucked.

I don't trust Famitsu scores anymore... It's WELL KNOWN that Famitsu is purposely giving higher scores to games due to publisher pressure. Hell, even HAZE (that fuckshit of a game) got a 38/40... and we know how much that game sucked.

I neither but at least it's a plus for PG and Kamiya's games to get good sales since his last games sold really poor and it's a real shame. I don't care about ANY review at all and I'm getting the game on day 1 on ps3 despite the barking that's been when some people didn't understand that the demo is an early build.

Maybe... or maybe the writers of Famitsu are wowed more easily now than ever before. Could also be a new set of editors have replaced the ones of old from years back.

Still I think some weight on those old 40s from days long ago retain their merit. It's not every day a game like Soul Calibur or Ocarina of Time come around and can achieve that kind of perfection.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)
2. Soulcalibur (1999)
3. Vagrant Story (2000)
4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003)
5. Nintendogs (2005)
6. Final Fantasy XII (2006)
7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008)
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008)
9. 428 (2008)
10. Dragon Quest IX (2009)
11. Monster Hunter Tri (2009)

Lol...whut?

Lol...whut?

FF XII is a great game, and one of the most underrated in the series. Let me go through just some of the things that make FF XII good.

-One of the best protagonists in the series(It's Ashe not Vaan, by the way)
-Very open-ended gameplay, for an FF game at least
-Excellent, and genuinely challenging battle system(Despite what people say, you really can't rely on gambits for everything, and you don't even get the good ones until late in the game)
-A story that isn't filled with teen angst
-AMAZING Hunt system and good sidequests in general
-Great enemy design(All Archadian soldiers/Judges look great as well as the various monsters and junk)
-Interesting summon acquiring system(Having to battle them, I mean)
-Challenging boss fights(Last boss, Cid, all Judges, Mandragoras, Ahriman, all Espers, Firemane, etc)
-Excellent music, some of the best in the series

Though, with all this said, it really doesn't deserve a perfect score. If it was the International version, however, I think a perfect score would be fine.

OK...get the FF and Famitsu bullshit, out of the Bayonetta thread... As an Attmept to revive this shit...

GUNCHUKS(Maxi, you are officially DEAD to me now.)

FF XII is a great game, and one of the most underrated in the series. Let me go through just some of the things that make FF XII good.

Underrated or not FFXII is one of the worst Final Fantasy games from the main series.

-One of the best protagonists in the series(It's Ashe not Vaan, by the way)
People can argue against it all they want, but Vaan was still the protagonist. The story may have centered around Ashe's quest for revenge or whatever, but it was from Vaan's eyes. If people want to start the arguement that Vaan was just a way to tell the story then we can easily make some other FF characters the protagonist in the same way. Take FFX for example, of course Tidus was the protagonist, but the story, from beginning to end, was about Yuna's journey to destroy Sin. FFVI is a box that I am not even going to open.

-Very open-ended gameplay, for an FF game at least
I'll admit this was a plus.

-Excellent, and genuinely challenging battle system(Despite what people say, you really can't rely on gambits for everything, and you don't even get the good ones until late in the game)
I thought the battle system was stupid. Magic was just screwed up. It is dumb how there is not a wait time for attacks, yet only 2 spells can launch at once or 1 spell if it is a high level spell. This allows you to also take advantage of crap design by using 2 characters to stall the boss by backing up his spells with your own. While this is going on you can have another character attacking over and over with almost no cooldown.

Then we have FFXII's take on limit breaks, the quickening. Quickings were another crap design, because in the beginning of the game they are broken and in the end they are worthless. For 3/4s of the game all you have to do against a tough opponent was start a quickening chain, and viola one hit kill. Of course with the damage cap at 99,999 this becomes worthless later on since you can easily deal this damage with physical attacks without losing all your mp.

I also think it was ridiculous that you could not cancel an action. Say you put a wrong action, well the only way to fix it is to stack the next action. This was dumb since everything except physically attacking has to wait before the action is launched. The battle system was somewhat fun, but it had a lot of flaws.

-A story that isn't filled with teen angst
I thought the story was boring as hell. All the characters except for Ashe were underdeveloped, some much worse than others. Plus the way the game ended was just bad. The final dungeon took me by complete surprise. When I finished the Pharos I didn't know the story was at it's end. There is no conclusion or anything. It's just Bahamut BAM!!! gameover

-AMAZING Hunt system and good sidequests in general
The hunt system was good, but most of the side quests all felt the same to me. Also the rewards, for the most part, were crap.

-Great enemy design(All Archadian soldiers/Judges look great as well as the various monsters and junk)
I didn't care for the judges' designs, but the monster designs were great.

-Interesting summon acquiring system(Having to battle them, I mean)

The summon acquiring system was good, but I never felt any reason to get summons. For the most part summons are completely worthless. In general they are weak, and some of the requirements to use there special attack are just ridiculous. The final summon (I forgot his name) requires you to have gradual petrify or something stupid like that to activate.

-Challenging boss fights(Last boss, Cid, all Judges, Mandragoras, Ahriman, all Espers, Firemane, etc)
Quickenings made most boss fights one hit kills. This was lame because if you did do this then you miss story elements that take place during the battles with the judges. Later on in the game there is a pretty lame attempt at making bosses difficult by introducing one of the worst ideas ever, the palen or whatever it is called. So basically this shield of sorts makes the opponent immune to either phsyical or magical attacks for a certain amount of time, or in the final bosses case it makes him invinsible. What made it annoying was that these bosses were all easy, and all the palen did was drag out the battle for no reason. The only boss that gave me any trouble was the final summon.

-Excellent music, some of the best in the series
Some of the music was good, but not best in the series by a long shot. I would say FFIV-X all had better soundtracks.

Though, with all this said, it really doesn't deserve a perfect score. If it was the International version, however, I think a perfect score would be fine.
Way to many flaws to warrant a perfect score.

Way to many flaws to warrant a perfect score.

Which is not the case of bayonetta. I imported the game and I'm not gonna say anything besides IMO it's better than NGB, NGS, NG2 and NGS2 and it makes DMC's look dull. Besides some MINOR fps-drops at the start of the game, the game is absolutely perfect in my view and Kamiya deserves praise.

Back