Beserker General Discussion/Q&A Thread

Party Wolf

Administrator
General discussion for Berserker.

[notice]Thread name changed to "Beserker General Discussion/Q&A Thread".

- Mage [/notice]

Just another version of Astaroth. Maybe they have different move sets. Haven't played for years but I am sure a video will be provided by someone.

It's Rock's move set. But not a weak version this time. He has interesting ground throws and a very powerfull command throw, probably the best one in the game.
IMAO he is maybe stronger than Astaroth, but we will see.
In any case I will play him for sure.

Berserker is a mix of rocks and astaroths movesets. basically beserker is the best of both worlds. Beserker is considered a really good character

He's a mix of their movesets but I would still argue Asty is better. Asty gets a stronger post-GI mixup thanks to B+G6_4 (Zerk's throw mixup is A+G_214B+G), has 3A+B and 6B+K, if I remember correctly asty is the only one that has 4K:SCC... Zerker's big things are that he has a much better RO game and has 2A+K. He also has some silly BS with SC LVL 2 4A+B[K], but frankly, it's smoke and mirrors that stops be effective once you are used to fighting against it.

Zerker is good but he, I'd argue more then any other character, changes matchup effectiveness more on stages then vs. characters. Asty gets B+G6_4 dosen't care what stage your on. Zerker PT does.

I just played a bit Berserker again and his 1K is really kind of fast. Its like Rocks from SC3 if anybody remembers and on NH it leaves you in his insane throw range. Im not even gonna talk about the massive RO range.
Also if im not mistaken i think 214B+G 22K 22B is a combo for 140 Damage. WTF? Is it the same for Asta? Really dont remember. Everything a mess to test due to the shit training mode, can someone verify? At least the CPU never esacped this. This training mode might really stop me from going back to SC2 seriously, jesus.

He looks super strong to me, but his throws can be stepped so im not sure how things play out in the end. But having that 1K is prett good against Step G and turtling in general.

Also if im not mistaken i think 214B+G 22K 22B is a combo for 140 Damage. WTF? Is it the same for Asta?

That's why I said that it is the best throw in the game = 134 damage + huge RO potentiel:sc2ber2:
Astaroth can't. The secret ? Berserker 22K = Astaroth 22[K]
In the other side it seems that it can whiff against some character. I was looking to replace 22B by 44B. But it's "only" doing 128 :-(
I need to do more test about, but like you said, the training mode is almost useless alone.

For people who are talking about "Astaroth and Rock mix" for the move set, they should play more SC1. Those characters were already sharing a lot of moves.:sc2ber4:

Last edited:
I just played a bit Berserker again and his 1K is really kind of fast. Its like Rocks from SC3 if anybody remembers and on NH it leaves you in his insane throw range. Im not even gonna talk about the massive RO range.
Also if im not mistaken i think 214B+G 22K 22B is a combo for 140 Damage. WTF? Is it the same for Asta? Really dont remember. Everything a mess to test due to the shit training mode, can someone verify? At least the CPU never esacped this. This training mode might really stop me from going back to SC2 seriously, jesus.

He looks super strong to me, but his throws can be stepped so im not sure how things play out in the end. But having that 1K is prett good against Step G and turtling in general.

1K loses to step-G in one direction. 2A+K covers that side but loses to step in the other direction. I'm at work so I can't tell you which direction is which, but yeah, there's your weakness to 1K. It's really bad vs. the likes of Cervy/Ivy since the step everything better then everyone else. In fact, the Ivy/Zerker matchup is up there with Yoshi/Yun and Talim/NM as one of the single hardest matchups in the game.

It dosen't seem like it visually, but 1K and 2A+K are the same speed - i23. That still haunts me to this day because I look at those and want to believe 2A+K is reactable and 1K isn't, but the truth is that they both are with practice. 1K > 2A+K in all situations, still, unless the person knows how to step it properly.

You know, I thought I remembered there being something 'wrong' with the 214B+G, 22K combo and I couldn't remember what it was. I always did 214B+G > Step > Ground Grab (101 damage) anyways because I liked the space/setup. I decided I was arsed enough to try doing the 22k combo again and found it not working vs. guard all, I think I hit it maybe like 2 or three times. I'm either hella rusty or it actually dosen't combo. I made sure I was on even terrain/etc (because some of those uneven surfaces actually do effect things in this game)

Now admitting I'm doing this on a pad and I'm not a pad user, but buffering in SC2 is pretty lenient and I'm pretty sure I'm doing this asap. Can you guys confirm what character your doing this on/what stage/guard all?

Yep i noticed that too.
I still got it to connect a few times vs guard all, but super hard.. i tested vs Cass.
If 2nd attack is set to normal block it works fine...

Yep i noticed that too.
I still got it to connect a few times vs guard all, but super hard.. i tested vs Cass.
If 2nd attack is set to normal block it works fine...

Part of me wonders if it's perhaps orientation based, or if the AI randomly can't get up fast enough for whatever reason. I know guard 2nd attack dosen't work vs. some other OTG combos... yeah I think I'll just stick with step > ground grab.

Back