Game Universe
1251 Worcester Road
Framingham, MA
(508)370-4263

What:
2 TOURNAMENTS

1pm XBOX 360

also at 1pm PS3!!!!

You ARE allowed to enter both Tournaments!

$10 Entrance Fee for each. (store takes 20% venue fee)

1st Place 55% of Entrance Fees

2nd Place 30% of Entrance Fees

3rd Place 15% of Entrance Fees

3/5 rounds, 2/3 sets. Double elim.

Vader, Yoda and Bonus characters Banned

No Created Characters

If you have everything unlocked, please bring in your system / Hard Drive and copy of game so we can have more setups!

Friendly Matches will be allowed before the Tournament and after the Tournament until the store closes at 6pm.

Standard Tournament Rules

Double Elimination
Random Seeding

Time per Round: Default Time
Rounds per Match: Best 3 of 5
Matches per Set: Best 2 of 3. Winners Finals, Losers Finals and Grand Finals are 3 of 5.

Side Selection

If players have issues with the the side they want to play on, a coin flip is done with the contesting player, winner gets to choose his side. After a MATCH, either of the players may opt to switch sides.

Character Selection

Aside from banned characters, characters may choose any character they want. Any player may ask for blind selection. Blind selection entails each player telling the tournament organizer whom they wish to play without anyone else knowing. Then the organizer oversees the players picking their stated characters. Intentional picking of another character other than the one indicated in blind selection results in a forfeiture of that MATCH. Usually this doesn't have to be enforced however, but is on the books "just in case".

During a SET, the winning player of the last MATCH may not change his character. The loser of that MATCH may however.

Stage Selection

Random stage selection is enforced.

After a MATCH either player may ask for Random Stage. If neither does; the match may continue with the same stage.
In no cases are players allowed to choose a stage. Intentional violation of this rule results in a MATCH forfeiture. Usually this doesn't have to be enforced however, but is on the books "just in case".

Banned Characters

Yoda/Vader Banned (system exclusivity)
Custom Characters Banned (Hitbox issues, non portable)
Bonus Characters Banned (Hitbox issues)

Other Bannables

Ivy WS B infinite is limited as follows. You are allowed 1 use of WS B in a combo, this DOES NOT include if you used WS B to launch. If you used WS B to launch, you may use it once more in the combo itself.

In case it must be asked, standard VS only.

Credit to Idle for help with rules.

button binding is legal, we simply ask you be a sport and restore your buttons to default at the end of your matches

If this was an old fashioned Jamaican stickfight, I would win.

fortunately, this isnt even that, so i got this wrapped up ;)

-Idle

p.s. If I do win, the lols will never stop

Shadius, pre-tourney gathering Saturday night at my place- info is in the New Englad thread here and on Caliburforum if your interested.

-Idle

Ah, I'll be in Watertown MA *I normally live down in brockton* because I have to work friday *maybe saturday*

I already RSVP'ed yo

But to the best of my knowledge, Grimace and I are going for sure, Jian is a maybe, and I'll probably talk to essex and kryonik the day before like usual. Also, we may be introducing some new blood.

Gradius is also going, he told me last night, if i could only get a ride i would go, I would be new blood as well XD

Back