BlazBlue - GuiltyGear's next gen cousin

Quick question, sometimes when Sol... I mean Ranga finishes a combo he collects these little energy balls. What does that do for him?

Bumping this thread with more videos:

Ragna's story + ending (Ragna gets a bad end)

Jin's story + ending (Jin sounds like one psychotic mofo)

Secret Boss Blood Kained Ragna (I smell Boss HOS cheese)

Astral Finishes (only Ragna's and Rachel's have been uploaded on the intrawebs so far. Ragna's looks pretty bad ass)

If anyone knows enough Japanese feel free to translate the story....>:D

I also sadly foresee a shit load of RagnaXJin slash from the fangirlies given how Jin talks to Ragna. :(

Arakune is like Zappa on steroids I swear.

Insect curse = uber ghost haunting

Shit is thrown at you at a much larger rate with his insect curse than with Zappa and his ghosts. Considering he can plant curse clouds on the screen in the air and such it helps him control space even more.

Another BUMP

The official BlazBlue soundtrack is going to be released 12/24/08.

http://www.team-e.co.jp/products/kdsd-00253-254.html <----- obtains a few song samples

[DISC.1]
01. Calamitytrigger - Opening Song
02. Rebellion - Ragna Theme Song
03. Lust SIN - Jin Theme Song
04. Bullet Dance - Noel Theme Song
05. MOTOR HEAD - Tager Theme Song
06. Catus Carnival - Taokaka Theme Song
07. Queen of rose - Rachel Theme Song
08. Thin RED Line - Arakune Theme Song
09. Gale (烈風, Reppū) - Bang Theme Song
10. Oriental Flower - Litchi Theme Song
11. Marionette Purple - Carl Theme Song
12. The road to hope. - Staff Roll A

[DISC.2]
01. Under Heaven Destruction - Ragna VS Jin Theme Song
02. Imperial Code - Jin VS Noel Theme Song (Library Theme)
03. White Requiem - Rachel VS Ragna Theme Song
04. Weak Executioner - Arakune VS Litchi Theme Song
05. SUSANOOH - Haku-men (白面) Theme Song
06. Open The Gate - ν Reveal Demo
07. Awakening The Chaos - ν Theme Song
08. Black Onslaught - Boss Ragna Theme Song
09. Blood Pain - Same Character VS Theme Song
10. Limited Again - Staff Roll B
11. nocturne - Title Screen
12. Blue beating - Character Select Screen
13. VS - VS Display Screen
14. Challenger - Interruption Screen
15. Winner - Victory Screen Bust Up
16. Continue - Continue Screen
17. Game over - Game Over

I'm definitely going to nab me the OST. [/doublepost]

I now present to you all....MOAR STORY + ENDINGS

Noel's story + ending (Noel is obviously linked to the final boss v-13 in some way and WTF Rachel?)

Tager's story + ending (Tager and Litchi are allies working together apparently)

Taokaka's story + ending (Litchi and Taokaka are acquaintances as well)

Rachel's story + ending (WTF is the Ragna fangirl's connection with Noel?)

All that's left now are Litchi's, Bang's, Arakune's, and Carl's story and endings. [/triplepost]

Hm, I didn't know Litchi and Taokaka knew each other. I did know however, that Litchi and Tager knew Arakune before he was a big black booger.

the ending theme sounds nice too

eh? I didn't know people were really interested in the story at this point.

I don't know I just find the character designs to be really bland and boring. Especially being compared to Guilty Gear. So was never interested in learning more about them.

I want to play this though. While the designs aren't interesting alot of the game play mechanics unique to certain characters are very interesting(possibly moreso than GG)

but no plans of a console release for at least a year really killed alot of the buzz I had for this game

Well the arcade mode in BB serves as a story mode too, unlike in GG where arcade and story were two seperate modes. So yeah, people already started piecing together the story (which already reeks of GG in terms of story elements).

Character design-wise, I still don't see what was so special about GG's cast. Only a few really stood out (ABA, Potemkin, Faust). The majority of them were generic anime designs drowned in belts. BB's cast is the equivalent to GG's cast, minus the ridiculous amounts of belts and gimmicky rock references.

The personalities and interaction among the cast of GG was what really sold the characters (story-wise). Same applies to BB and it's cast. If you only look on the surface, both GGs and BBs cast can easily be written off as "generic anime bullshit". Hell, even after analyzing personalities and interactions, they probably could STILL be written off as that.

BB's cast is the equivalent to GG's cast, minus the ridiculous amounts of belts and gimmicky rock references.

That was it exactly

The references

Not just to Rock, but to anime, movies, comics, people etc.

I just found them to be more inspired than the BB cast.

Ishiwatari took influences from everything while designing the cast. So imo the BB cast(whom look like something Nomura would come up with for the next Kingdom Hearts) just can't even compare

Same applies to BB and it's cast. If you only look on the surface, both GGs and BBs cast can easily be written off as "generic anime bullshit".

Yeah. Probably to the average anime(nayroodoe) fan it looks like a more anime alternative to Street Fighter. Which explains the fanbase

Difference is under the surface

The Guilty Gear characters always had a personality about them that made them more than that. The whole game did

While Blazblue looks like they just threw together characters to fit gameplay ideas

Which is why I had zero interest in this game until I saw it in motion

I don't mind the cast. Other than the rock names, GG never overly impressed me with its Random Anime #83932 designs and storyline for most of the characters, and BlazBlue seems mostly the same to me.

Save for a few exceptions here and there. Like Zappa and Arakune. <3

So will Arakune be the rare case of me liking a character that's actually really good, let alone not bottom-tier? I really like everything I've seen from, err, it. Shenanigans galore.

Litchi's story + ending (didn't get much from her ending)

Arakune's story + ending (didn't get much from his ending either)

Kinda wish I knew japanese right now, especially so I could understand Arakune's ending.

I've been watching match vids on Nico and I've come to the conclusion that Carl (when played correctly) is entertaining to watch fight.

In fact there are a few of characters I enjoy watching fight when used efficiently.

Carl, Noel, and Ragna are probably the 3 characters I enjoy watching the most out of the cast. Rachel, Taokaka, and Tager are runner ups. I haven't seen any note worthy Bangs or Litchis yet. I find Jin and Arakune to be rather boring to watch. Arakune being more boring than Jin, which saddens me because I like his character. With him it's "curse, keep cursed, and then keep away" for the remainder of the match.

Back