Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

Windstar

[13] Hero
The new expansion DLC announced during TGS is coming soon. Apparently, this is massive DLC that was originally planned as a 2-expansion product, but combined into one giant expansion.

The biggest bit of news from the DLC so far is that it'll have 10 new hunter weapons. Which seems pretty substantial as the original had about twelve or so.

More info here:Bloodborne's two planned DLC packs have been combined in the epic The Old Hunters (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-18-bloodbornes-two-dlc-packs-have-been-combined-in-the-substantial-the-old-hunters)

Finally some good news from Bloodborne, I was worried they were going to ignore it and then press on with DS3, I love the new weapons and the fact that Beast Claws will get buffed (now I just need to get them lol)

When I saw the tráiler I thought WOW it almost has more weapons than the original. I love that snake giant cleaver...the only problema is that it looks 100% strengh weapon and my strengh carácter is already in Game+ and my other character is 100% bloodtinge ;_;

Btw, here is a DSIII demo, that I post here as relevant because I think is really fun how "Bloodborne" it looks XD

Dark Souls III PS4 Gameplay - Magic in Action - (Also on Xbox One and PC) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1204&v=f_wRNNdqhw8)

Just restarted the game, this time making a decent

vampirehunterd2.jpg

playing the dlc on NG+ this is hella difficult lol

Damn it! don't tell me that pal, my strengh charácter is on game+ and I wanted to use him for the DLC (cause the whip cleaver), I guess if its too difficult I'll use the bloodtinge one, want to try the bow too.

Anyway that will have to way a bit, still didn't finish FO4

Done with the DLC, 16 weapons(including arcane items and leftys).
The bosses are awesome(omg the ost in this one is hella epic), sure some were hard and some were...mindblowing.
Did played the dlc on ng+++.
Cheers!
-A-

I was trying it yesterday, and by trying I mean I expended 3 hours and didn't even reach to the first boss :/

I forgot how much I hate this game XD I had 50 bloodvials saved in the chest and I ended with 5. Expended most of them in the gatling gun guy, the beast npc hunter that killed me several times after using a lot of vials.

To be honest in general it felt too much Dark Souls II, I had all the time the feeling that they replaced the Smart Bloodborne kind of difficulty (enemies with smart positioning and surroundings awareness) with the DSII kind of difficulty (lot of enemies packed in a small room)

One blood starved beast, three enraged beasts and one poisonous beast mom into one small cave so dark you can't even see whats happening even with the lamp...that was really cheap. Going through the corridors running without being hit is virtually imposible with all the pseudo-hunters with the whips and the pistols.

Bloodborne puts a heckuva a lot more effort in enemy strategies and behaviors than any Dark Souls game past or present.

Same deal with their bosses which border on DMC3/4, Kingdom Hearts style of training, patterns and difficulty.

Just wish they put more effort into their PC animations and effective attacks....

Bloodborne...yes, old hunters...that's debatable, bosses in the DLC are fine but the invoirements is DSII all over again with armies of mobs coming at you at the same time. Research hall zone tested my patience 2-3 different types of zombies with different patterns (but having in common absurd amouts of damage) in groups of 6 or 7 while snipers in wheelchairs shooting you while you have to avoiding almost invisible traps in the walls, not enough? lets just put some graveguardians poison rats, crows specially angry and npcs with cane, all this in a zone where you can fall and die almost any moment.

I swear when I reached the boss I wanted to kiss him XD

I'm still thinking in which weapon use it, I upgraded beast cutter to +9 but not sure if its worth the rock, mostly because I found it useful in very situational ocassions and there is other weapons I really like the moveset but not sure if worth, I like the pizza cutter and the moon sword but everyone says those are better for arc build and mine is purely strengh...ironically, I don't like any of the pure strengh weapons, however for when I realized that it was to late to start building other stat and I'm just to lazy to start other character.

I really wish there was a re-spec option.

Whirligig Saw is amazing for pure strength, it's what I use. That weapon is broken as shit

I'm still thinking in which weapon use it, I upgraded beast cutter to +9 but not sure if its worth the rock, mostly because I found it useful in very situational ocassions and there is other weapons I really like the moveset but not sure if worth, I like the pizza cutter and the moon sword but everyone says those are better for arc build and mine is purely strengh...ironically, I don't like any of the pure strengh weapons, however for when I realized that it was to late to start building other stat and I'm just to lazy to start other character.

I really wish there was a re-spec option.

Pizza Cutter is awesome for Strenght build

I've bring Rakuo to +10 because i like it, to be completely honest that's my "fun" weapon (Now my Vampire Hunter D look fucking PERFECT); I've a Ludwig Holy Blade +10 and nothing come close to that, both as weapon on general and for my stats (i've high both STR and DEX)

If i had a different character and was searching to use that 2nd Blood Rock to get something actually useful/ New Main weapon from Old Hunters i will probably chose one between

Pizza Cutter
Simon Bow-Blade

Both are good in different ways to different builds, in case of SBB it need to have given a strange high amount of points to DEX and BLT... specially since there are less weapon DEX oriented specially at begin, and not many use for BLT

Also of course if you have Claws the
Beast trasformation
go to a whole new level, but still i don't kow how good is compared to top tier weapons

My 2cent is that Old Hunter is good at give nice side/alt weapons, but is in the stndard BB that you find the potential main ones (aside maybe PizzaCutter)

About side weapons i like Piercing Rifle even if for my char i keep my blunderbuss +9, i guess in some builds it can be good if leveled up

I have Piercing rifle in my bloodtinge charácter and its nuts, its does almost as much damage as Evelyn but you can decimate groups of enemies with it since it pierces through them. Not much a help for bosses though.

Didn't bother to ger beast claws in any of the characters any of the runs, mostly because I ignore chalice dungeons and its one of the weapons I wanted most but my lazyness always wins, the thought of beating 3 chalices or 4 just to get it...

Back