Bojack learns a lesson!

Real_Bojack

[10] Knight
Here I'll post random things I think of or discover during my dopey online ranked matches. Every one is free to comment as much as they want about what I learn on a day to day basis.

1st up. Natty Ice seems to have a throw that will RO with her back to the edge.
2nd up. Raph 3B seems to be ALL SE transitions if done on reaction the instant Raph goes into SE. Yes it's counter Raph strats. Mind you it was from one match where I decided to test it so it may not work 100%.

Pattycakes can RO through a short wall with some kind of 2 hit horizontal. Dunno the command for it.

If I understand what you're talking about, it's his 236AB. Does he float in the air when he does the second hit?

Went thru Patty's moveset on youtube. It's his 22AA come to find out. I got run counter snagged and through the wall I went. Might have been a glitch I dunno.

Also found out that if you do something with some minor pushback on block (hit works too) like 3A, 22K will catch a heap of step if done afterwards. It's odd to start using it a bunch, seems like you almost have to put yourself in - frames and use it against people who have a habit of stepping too much. It's too slow to use as part of an overt offense but basically it's excellent after you goad people into stepping into it. Cannot stress it enough since so much combos after it.

I dunno if I was just getting lucky but if you step along side some one who's knocked down and rolling, when they are forced to stand up because this game is stupid and won't let you roll around indefinitely even if you want to, a well timed 22B seems to work very well upon their wake up.

Thanks for this. If you know it's coming, duck and punish with FC3B. Or you can kill the stance entrance depending on how he enters it.

FC3B? 4B should be your designated anti H I would think.

Since we're on the subject of NM. I was able to 3A his GI-Splosion and block the bomb IIRC. I'ma go thru Raph's moveset and figure out what can block the GI-Splosion.

Also, SE auto evade seems to activate off of throws...... neat! Of course, the other Raph might have manually done an SE just in the nicko time since I was the one who got SE Evaded in a rare Raph on Raph match.

the cleanest way of beating NM's NSS setups after 3(B) is FC 2B. Anything else has a counter (because NSS b:A sidesteps like crazy)

I dunno, you only need a couple frames to get into TC off 4B.

ALSO! Yoshi's super will not hit a grounded opponent.

And, if some one has a 225/0 100% win rating despite going through hundreds of matches and not being particularly good in match odds are they will rage quit if you beat them and take away your win. So stupid that Namco doesn't award a loss for this.

err 4B fails only because NSS b:A has a weird combination of TS and TC. FC 2B (same move as FC B if we're getting technical with notation) is the lowest risk response that'll actually work, but the rewards are like 1/4 of a 4(B) combo.

----
Against a move like Maxi's 236K, unless you are at a super long range (where maxi wouldn't do the move in the first place), the safest way to penetrate the spinning nunchucks is actually 6B+K (raph doesn't really extend forward when doing this move) or A+BA. Found a use for 6B+K! Everything else may actually have Raph CH himself when he sticks out his hand.

What has Bojack learned today? A list of shit that can deal with NM's GI-Splosion. It's not complete because some of the stuff turned out to be a pain the ass to test. I set the NM dummy to block a hit then do the Splosion or 11K NM and then test vs. the Splosion afterwards because 11K is even on hit. There's a couple holes here and there. Oddly enough NM has a period of charging before he explodes and for some reason it doesn't seem to matter when you hit him the splosion will happen anyways and will take the same amount of time. So if you do a single A the 1st frame he will absorb, you can block. If you do a single A on the...... 6 frame or whenever you can still block.

Will allow block after NM absorbs a hit,
A
3A
6A
2A
789A
78B
2B
1B
6B+k
22A
66A
66A+B
SEA

Will stop the Splosion entirely
9B
11BB
1A
66B+K
236B
44B
Prep A+B
FC3B
SE B
SE K
33B:ABK
Throws

Will blow your ass outta the water.
33A
4A
AA
AB
6BB
4B
6AB
A+B
Prep K
Prep K:ABK

All of these are more or less safe strings to do.
66B~SE A/B/K
3B~SE A

Of note, I forgot to write down what I discovered about Prep transitioning except that I seem to recall it being fairly unsafe to do but then again it's fairly unsafe to do anyways.

Long story short..... if you stick to certain moves the majority of Raph's moveset is relatively safe vs. the Splosion so keep that in mind. Lucky for us Namco has taken away so many moves from Raph it's easy to run through a list of shit in the lab. It also appears that NOTHING will stop the splosion once NM has absorbed a hit. GIing and JGing the splosion is possible but of course not after he's absorbed a hit.

Next up will be a Bull Rush BE quick study.

Namco fucked up and made it so Raph's A has more range than his AA. Sometimes it seems to be random range. On occasion this will get Raph kicked in the nuts. I don't think there's much you can do about this except avoid using AA.

After careful deliberation I've come to realize that Raph's best overall move is.......... drum roll please............. throw. Plain ol' throw. Some one convince me this isn't true please!

Hey his throws are good. Both forward ones can ringout, one can wallsplat, his side and back throws do higher than average damage and he has a command throw.

Only thing holding him back is his crummy forward dash + crummy grab range.

Namco fucked up and made it so Raph's A has more range than his AA. Sometimes it seems to be random range. On occasion this will get Raph kicked in the nuts. I don't think there's much you can do about this except avoid using AA.

After careful deliberation I've come to realize that Raph's best overall move is.......... drum roll please............. throw. Plain ol' throw. Some one convince me this isn't true please!

This is completely true. Far and away Raph's throws are, for sure, his best low, and definitely top 5 moves of his. Part of this is due to the utility of his throws, and part of it is because he doesn't have any super good moves that really stand out.

Hey his throws are good. Both forward ones can ringout, one can wallsplat, his side and back throws do higher than average damage and he has a command throw.

Only thing holding him back is his crummy forward dash + crummy grab range.

I know his throws are good. I'm just starting to despair that against any one good I have to go semi grappler or flat out grappler to try and stay ahead on damage with a ranged/poke character. I find step forward 3B does wonders after a bit of throw conditioning. I guess I just have to step up my game.

One of my favorite things about his throws is that they become a 50/50 when the opponent is cornered in a way where their back and right side are to a ledge.

Raph's super sometimes whiffs on non-moving, standing, non-blocking opponents. Thanks for costing me the round Namco!

Back