Broken Destiny Chain of Souls Translation + Official III CaS Recipes

Metroidwave

[08] Mercenary
Link to PDF

So, this has been something I've been working on for about a year (mostly because I got distracted about a week or two in and stopped until recently). I have run all of the relationship chart released to coincide with Broken Destiny way back when through Google Translate, double checking the meanings of words as well as the story context to be as sure as I can be without actually knowing Japanese. A lot of them lined up with the SCIV Chain of Souls, though I made sure to check those as well and only used the ones that fit. Some were only parts of the Chain of Souls description while others were quite different (an example being Amy -> Raphael),

The translations I'm not entirely confident about for one reason or another:
Raphael/Cassandra -> Kilik: "Searching for the 'Holy Stone' when they were dazzled"
Arthur -> Charade: "Felt the gathering call, leaving only a void as he drew close"
Local Powerful Family ->Fighting Tournament: "Wants their fighter to win"

A random tidbit you might find interesting is that Angol Fear's links to the two swords are mixed up on the original file, with the one to Edge referring to Calibur and viceversa.

While I was translating the chart, I also took the time to recreate the Custom Characters from the Soul Calibur III Official Complete Guide. All of them used the voice at the top of the list. The only one I'm not 100% on is Gilgamesh's hair, which translated as 'Short Hair'. If anyone has a Japanese copy of SCIII and is willing to send me what each haircut is called, that would be appreciated. Also, another interesting tidbit is that the recipe for KOS-MOS had most of her gear's color altered slightly.

Gilgamesh (Sword & Shield, Excalibur)
Kagekiyo (Katana, Zantetsuken)
King (Grieve Edge, Kick Edge)
KOS-MOS (Grieve Edge, Kick Edge)
Valkyrie (Sword & Shield, Valkyrie)

Attachments

• soulchain_english.pdf
    247.1 KB · Views: 294
Back