Buckling Down: Talim's Matchups

I started a list awhile ago, but when I realized it was something working mostly due to the training mode being less than stellar, I threw it out, but... seems it does seem to have some merit. Which is post-GI, you can RE~WNC K against Ivy if she chooses to do an A+B. Other options will get absorbed too, so it's a pretty nice option.

While my early testing showed this to work on a lot of the cast (bad training mode), seems it's only a very small subsection. I'll have to figure out which ones again. If nothing else, it's a nice way to deal with post-GI stuff, since even if you do get hit by an A+B, you won't get lethaled. Sort of a gimmicky thing, but there ya go. I've been doing it a lot lately. Seems to annoy the hell out of people.

I started a list awhile ago, but when I realized it was something working mostly due to the training mode being less than stellar, I threw it out, but... seems it does seem to have some merit. Which is post-GI, you can RE~WNC K against Ivy if she chooses to do an A+B. Other options will get absorbed too, so it's a pretty nice option.

While my early testing showed this to work on a lot of the cast (bad training mode), seems it's only a very small subsection. I'll have to figure out which ones again. If nothing else, it's a nice way to deal with post-GI stuff, since even if you do get hit by an A+B, you won't get lethaled. Sort of a gimmicky thing, but there ya go. I've been doing it a lot lately. Seems to annoy the hell out of people.
What do you mean Bad Training Mode?

What do you mean Bad Training Mode?

For instance if you set action 1 to GI and then action 2 to do the characters A+B, it doesn't do it as fast as is actually possible. I didn't realize that at first, and for a time thought Talim could RE-wnc out of most post Gi situations, but that's not true.

Ways around it are doing it yourself (play as ivy for instance), or record yourself mashing A+B and then instead of picking a move from the movelist, select play recording as action 2 instead.

Never trust training mode -- I knew that already, as it's true in most games, but yeah -- always gotta test that shit yourself.

For instance if you set action 1 to GI and then action 2 to do the characters A+B, it doesn't do it as fast as is actually possible. I didn't realize that at first, and for a time thought Talim could RE-wnc out of most post Gi situations, but that's not true.

Ways around it are doing it yourself (play as ivy for instance), or record yourself mashing A+B and then instead of picking a move from the movelist, select play recording as action 2 instead.

Never trust training mode -- I knew that already, as it's true in most games, but yeah -- always gotta test that shit yourself.
I just record the dummy doing 2K > GI > A+B. Then I play that one sequence. As Talim, I eat the 2K, then hit a button that triggers GI'd, and then try to avoid it with RE cancel.

So it appears that, if Zasalamel GI's you and gets "light attack" GI, his 2A+B Guard Break is guaranteed force block. Blegh.

Oh I live the same! They are my worst match-up statistically, followed by Yoshimitsu. Azwell and Yoshi seems overall strong. Geralt is at least solid, but my main concern is his Yrden move : I get trapped so often, and it can RO from so far! Hate it.

I have a better time versus even Ivy or Mi-Na than three of them.

Oh I live the same! They are my worst match-up statistically, followed by Yoshimitsu. Azwell and Yoshi seems overall strong. Geralt is at least solid, but my main concern is his Yrden move : I get trapped so often, and it can RO from so far! Hate it.

I have a better time versus even Ivy or Mi-Na than three of them.
Yeah pretty much. Ivy and Mina aren't hard as some of the Talim players tell me. Hell, she goes even with Ivy.

What is giving you problems specifically? Not sure what buffs she got
I can show you better than I can tell you but her and time mixed up from op shut me down last night and I was playing a really good taki but it was a complete slaughter and wasn't like I wasn't making moves and adjusting to him it was just I couldn't defend myself I'm going to see if I can put up some videos later.

PS how do I change my username

Back