Cannes 2010 Updates...

first login in like 1 year becouse someone brought this to my attention:

i was in that team. i got first with asta and beat your ass (you are esom right?), then i lost to some setsuka (which didn't ocv us either. he was beat by my friend with siegfried) and went back right away to play sf4 since i was running between the 2 tourneys. (and no, i'm not the pirate lol, he was in the other team.. i guess he did beat you too)

how can you forget your losses and make things up so easily? i should send Licia to scold you :p

S-U had better first teach YOU how to play... you are closer to him and more in need anyway :O
Heh, did you forget there was two Italian teams? :) Yes, I lost to both of them.

But, still, team Itally (all 400 of them) were the chillest crew at this event! I will have to come visit you all soon.

Love to You all. it was a sick event.
Thuggish. you did it, Nice. I would've won docs money back but I was too drunk ;) *JK*

RDDK: What was wrong? Were You Sandbaggin'?
KEEV: Oh man, cracy Nightmare. Your Reputation preceeds You I was even too afraid to punish Your messed up 4[K] B:B
Varghas: Asta combined with Cervantes Knowledge=certain death for me. You really crushed me. too bad I could't hook you up for some Casuals.

Back in Singapore!

Crazy event. Alot of great players.. We had alot of fun. Too many people to give shout outs to.

Keev- Props to him for bringing NM to this level. Very strong basics.

Dina- We hope you love 2K :P

Santana- Good games.. Always remember my mask and cowboy hat!

S-U: U're seriously funny man.. Love to play with u more in the future..

RTD: Thanks for the hat! Earned it!

Thuggish: Welcome to the Shen Family.. :D

docvizzo: Nice meeting you man! Let's have a Mitsu vs Cervy match next time!

Maxou: This guy is random.. Damn nothing else to say.. LOL congrats on second place!

Those that wore my mask: Belial, Esom and the french Amy.. Hope u love it :P

It was a exciting trip for the Singaporean players and we hope we brought something different to France.

If there's an another opportunity we hope we will still be able to make it to the next event.

:)

This tournament was really difficult. Thats why it was so great!

Having come from a really small community, I learnt a lot from this tournament... about myself and my characters. X vs Sieg/Asta/Ivy/Sets is so damn difficult!

Thanks everyone for making this memorable

Europeans:

Reza/Musashi/Rza: =D thanks for everything! Thanks for being a translator and our team coach. Without you it wouldn't have gone so smoothly. And yeah... defensive X works!

Malek: Thank you for EVERYTHING. Keeping our luggage... the support you gave us.. even the organisation. I really like your ivy. Its a brilliant gameplan. I'll play in more tournaments so I can perform well next time.

Asenka/MFDoom: The tourney was really smooth. Props to you and your guys!

Kayane: It was really inspirational playing with you. Very nice to see a clash of two entirely opposite styles. I enjoyed seeing the possibilities with Xianghua.

Keev: =O sick nightmare. Really glad to have sparred a few matches with you in your room :).

Maxou: HEhehehe you sent me to losers fair and square dammit! I admit that compared to the first to 5 I had with you the previous night, you were a lot more cautious when playing with me in the solo tourney... I didn't adapt quick enough.

Belial: You play one really really sick mitsu down there. The quick and yet stable stance game you play is amazing. I'm glad to have played you for at least one round. I like the way you used stance transitions to punish Xianghua's evasion.

Kira: =O Nice cervy! So many weird tricks I haven't seen!

Doc: Sucks that i didnt get to play you with my main characters, but in my sieg matches with you, you showed me you are a very dedicated player, from the character specific things you applied. Great knowing ya! And what, a WEIRDO Hilde? And a ABUSIVE Xianghua. What the hell. They just look too cool man.

Dan: I really had a lot of fun in the yoshi match in the tournament. STrong mindgame. You entered the match prepared. Still baffled if you broke 4 A throws next to the wall on purpose though. Lol.

Dina: Really friendly and nice guy! I really enjoy meeting dedicated players that stick to one character to overcome all odds. And yeah I wasn't sandbagging at all! I forgot completely about my crybaby strat in teh practice tourney against you. I only remembered it when I looked at my book in the hotel.

Scud: You made me hate Ivy vs X. Its soooo difficult. Really solid Ivy there. Too bad I can't learn how to figure out the matchup in Singapore anymore, since there are no full time ivy palyers like you here. Thanks for sharing with me anti-ivy information!

Sacharja: Nice sieg with the 22B spam O_O. Glad to paly you once! Good player!

Other germans: 2K 2K 2K 2K! JAG and dAG are sick... kinda upset i didnt play against them.

Kalas: Hey I heard you've been playing for a short while and i think you are really good! Keep at it and I can see you getting to be an amazing X player! Your direction is really interesting! And it really sucks to know what happened in the tourney in my pool :/

Italians: The match with you guys in the world cup was easily the most interesting match in that tournament... so hype. Jotaro/Santana/the voldo palyer is sooooo solid.

Americans:

Thuggish: Holla! You are one cool guy with siiick mindgames! Im glad you had me for the night! And glad to know you completed the ritual to become a shen!

RTD: Really great knowing you. You are one reallllly funny person.I remembered getting owned when we were about to leave the hotel; the lift door opened and suddenly you were standing there! lolz. Anyway, nice Hilde mirrors! Quite an experience playing against a different sort of Hilde. Take care yo.

KDZ: Man I've never seen such brutal trash talking in my life.

Esom: Ahhhh I didn't play your voldo. Hell I didn't play against any voldo over there >_<. It was nice conversing with you though.

Australian:

Runis: Thanks for following team singapore around yo, and recording some of the vids for us. You are really enthusiastic about the game, and suprisingly quite knowldgeable! If you play more and get more experience things might get more interesting! Oh ya consider moving onto stick Hilde full-time =D

Great event from the main staff MF Doom, Bérangère, and Asenka!!

Like Shenchan said, i love 2K, but i prefer Singapour players. You are very nice and great players!! It was really funny to see you always with RZA!

Thank you to Runis for all the biscuits, and to be a Hilde player!

KDZ - You have a very good sense of humour. But like i always say, one game is enough.

Esom - Very nice guy! You are cool but why do you play this fucking weirdo character?!! We should have played much.

Thuggish Pond - Congrats for winning!! We didn't play in casual play, only in tournaments. You are very strong!

RTD - I really appreciated to meet a hilde player as good as you. All frenchies talked every day about you. So the score is 2-1 for me right? =)

Daggot - Wow! i didn't expect 11A [A] to be so useful! Thanks for the tips =) I like your Sophie! And sorry for the monday morning. We left in a hurry! I hope it wasn't really bad for you and your bro.

Docvizzo - Really impressive cervy! We only played a few matchs, i want to play with you again.

ShenYuan - yeah i found some things against your cry baby tech while in the hotel, but i didn't meet you in the solo tournament. This shit surprised me, it looks very effective!

GG to Italian Team for winning against Singapour, didn't play a lot with italian players.

To all players i forgot: thanks to you for coming, it was the greatest event i ever seen.

Some results i know:

Solo Main event:

1 Thuggish_Pond
2 Maxou
3 Keev
4 Saitoh
5-6 JaG The Gemini/ RTD
7-8 DTN/ Dina

3VS3 side event:

1 Cosa Nostra (Ahriman, Scud, Dina)
2 Belgium //i don't know the name// (Zou, Alukard, Akiru)

Solo Side Event :

1 RTD
2 Maxou

5VS5 main event:

1 Muscle Team (Malek, DTN, Daggot, Belial, Saitoh)
2 Cosa Nostra (Kira/Dems, Varghas, Ahriman, Keysona, Scud, Dina)

World team cup:

1 France
2 Italia

My Money matches:

Dina VS RTD : 5-3

Something_Unique VS Dina : 5-2

RDDK: What was wrong? Were You Sandbaggin'?
Haha nothing's wrong. Everything's normal... ^^"

Sorry for my very low performance. I had not played offline for six months. I knew I couldn't beat any challenger without 10 minutes of freeplay.
GG to you :)

Yeah Jag the Gemini kicked out Scud, RTD and Keysona, he lost then to Maxou for not knowing the matchup at all unfortunately!

Such a pity in the World Team Cup we had Jag in the last spot and not first. Then he would have kicked out Scud before he was able to beat the other 4 guys....we didnt know about Scuds Asta weakness...DAMN IT!

I think the match would have been VERY interesting then since Dag almost OCVed Cosa Nostra the day before...just SCUD was the problem...such a pity!

We had the wrong order for our players...but too late to whine. France is sick, you deserved it!

But i hope JAG catched some fire again and maybe starts to play more regulary...

EDIT:

Dag would like to thank everybody, especially Malek!

@Dina from Dag

No problem you left on monday morning! Dag said 11AA is so long good till the opponent starts to interrupt the UB. He thinks he used it a bit too much and should have used a bit more basics :P But as long as it works its a good Move...

He kicked out a Italien Mitsu and Something Unique with this Move...it was a bit bizarre but hey, worked :)

Dina: Did Rza told you that i said good bye?

Yota: Good games with your Yun.. Hope you learn something! :)

That was the best event for SC4 ever, and the level of competition was very high. France level has improved a lot and right now I think this country has the best competition and is the leader for SC4 community. I'm definitely going back.

Shout Outs:

Damien: I had wonderful time hanging out with you. Gratz on winning the whole thing against all odds. I wish you could travel more so we meet more often.

Omar: I like you and especially trash talk going on with u xD You're so much fun. Already miss you.

Esom: Same as above - You're really cool and love to talk shit like I do xD. Want to see you again. And I completely agree with u on Italians - they are fun to be around with.

Malek: Thank you for all you did for me and this event. Hopefully I'll see you and other frenchies again soon, so I won't talk about how much I'm going to miss you.

Out of foreigners I liked ShenChan and Yuan the most. Just like me you having a small community strive to be better all the time and it shows. ShenYuan hilde is very fun to watch, Shen Chan rock is badass xD I was rooting for you all the time through vs Italy battle you had.

Daggoth and Jag did well in tournaments, props to you as well.

Italian guys, turns out I got rich in the end haha xD I really loved you all, too bad couldnt hang out with you enough. Andy you have great Voldo, DevilKazuya same for your Raphael. Redi Astaroth looks very strong but he only used it so little against me. It was fun to watch him play Keev though. Anyway I hope you visit France again in next 4 months so I'll be able to go too (as long as my visa is open) or maybe I can visit Italy later this summer.

Back in Singapore!

Santana- Good games.. Always remember my mask and cowboy hat!

Well you have been a bad guy. I deserved the "Mask of Doom" as a consolation prize for our Asta-Rock single deathmatch, but you didn't give it to me! :TH:

Greetings to all.

Just have some thoughts to share (being the oldest player on the team though most might not realise it).

The Singapore Team played Soul Calibur 2 way back when it first came out on the arcades/console and you can say it was a landmark of sorts for us to be able to come to this tournament.

Being in the Singapore Soul Calibur Community thru the years was what developed our gaming skills really. We could not have done it alone!

Competition makes the game fun+exciting and i feel that is what made the Tournament such a memorable event for everybody.

It was indeed very gratifying to see the passion and determination everyone put into their games, not just to win for themselves, but to win honor for their country and team.

For the Singapore Team, we really wanted to prove we had good players (not just now but since the ages past), that could make their mark in the international scene if given a chance.

Sadly right now our community is DEAD as a major full-stop. The only reason we got together was to train for this event, going as far as we can.

It is great that the French community have such a great thing going on (with so many players) so do keep the spirit and passion alive!

Thanks to everyone who i played and observed. It has been a blast for me.

Adios Amigos.

Santana- Haha! It's with me now.. It's a mask that will be remembered. Did u add me on messenger?

Belial- Thanks. I wish we had more players though. Remember to use 1K for Mitsu, his best move. Look @ how Omar got owned.

Did anybody record how ShenYuan beat SU with his weirdo Hilde? You gotta see that shit. C4A OUT OF NOTHING! BAM. Nobody was expecting that. You know when you use more than 3 Moves its harder to follow the charge patterns... :) I hope ShenOu recorded that, made Hype in the swiss room....

+ he has a supersick abusive X, never seen such a thing.

so props to ShenYuan...

Can you imagine we have to deal with this on a constant basis.

Maxou; 196363) said:
Shen Chan for his ROck (INSANE in the World game cup).

Wait...he did that?!?!...Aheda!!! I WANT VIDEOS!!!

With regards to dtarchon's post, I would say, its a result of dwindling numbers by the effects of our day job. Still we have a certain number of players still pretty much active in this game. But somehow, I would like to see Soul Singapore make impact out of this sunny island, and with this tourney, we did.

I would love to play with players out of Singapore and have my ass handed back to me in a million pieces.

Would really love to see up uploads on Youtube...

Hi!

The truth to very entertaining condition, I see that nobody remembers that Spain to been there XDDDDD our community is super reduced and it is difficult to us to acquire very much the level that other countries have, I spent it to myself very well playing against Italy, alone I could fight against a voldo that I do not remember the one who was, against Satana and a mitsurugi that was the one who eliminated me, that certainly I am charmed with since plays rikimaru with taki!

In our team who beyond came it was Plan that he is the one who has mas level of all of us, we expect to turn the near(next) time with mas level!

Spanish? What Spanish? xD

was a great event, very fun weekend :) Rikumaru damn T_T he kill the Spanish Team and me in the solo xD well, Spain lose in Soul Calibur but will win in the World Cup of soccer! xD see ya!

GGs to Spain too! Sorry but there were SO many people that's impossibile to include everyone in the props.

Vincent, Why didn't you came in Cannes? I think there were no canadians.

Daggot: Yes i thought you used it too much. But you did well if the opponent don't face this haha. For Basic i think more BB!!

ShenChan: Hum i don't remember him telling me this. But it's ok! I hope i'll met you singapour players again.

Best photo of the event:

1000117j.jpg

Watch out for the TimTam on his face!

Back